(based on 261 Lowe's Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Lowe's for almost 4 years and would recommend Lowe's as a great place to work. First 2 years were hard working part time but I stuck it out and proved to my managers how much that Lowe's meant to my family by doing everything I could to help the customers while bringing multiple sales for the local store. Satisfying customer needs and helping with their dreams is my passion."
Posted 4 years ago in Cookeville, TN
in Charleston, SC

"I've worked for Lowe's for 13 years and while steady, you can often feel lost within the corporate machine."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Tustin, CA

"I have worked for the company for 13 months and have had a great experience with both my coworkers as well as my superiors"

Lowe's (364)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Sales Co. (12)
2.8 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Harbor Freight Tools (17)
Department Manager
in Oxnard, CA

"I think Lowes is a great corporation to work for and to be a customer for. The personalism is impeccable and the manager is full of knowledgeable team players that keep lowes afloat. I'd rate them a 10 in every area a company could be scored on. Professional, knowledgeable, friendly and an evoirment for all ages from the pro to the every day home do it yourself mom."

Project Specialist
in San Marcos, TX

"New changes that affect work/life balance while the profits have lowered"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5

Average Lowe's Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Client Support Administrator
in Northridge, CA

"I've worked for Lowes since 2015 and it is a great company. They offer great customer service while the employees work efficiently and quickly. Our motto is to be helpful, ask open-ended questions to learn more about the type of job the customers came in to complete and sell."

in Mooresville, NC

"It's a great place to work and the CEO has great vision; but it does not encourage you to grow and move up the ladder."

in Bee Cave, TX

"I worked for Lowe's in 2017 and found the company to have great core values. Management really focused on creating a team environment which I very much enjoyed and appreciated. I had to leave the company when I decided to go back to school and get my Master's Degree but enjoyed my time while I worked there."

in Leander, TX

"Unsafe work environment and low wages. Management is more focused on profit than employees."

Customer Service Associate
in Hagerstown, MD

"I've worked at the North Hagerstown Lowes for three consecutive summers. The other employees there are very welcoming! They welcomed me with open arms, and I consider myself part of the team now. I recommend the job to anyone who needs one."

Department Manager
in Metairie, LA

"I worked for Lowes for a little less than a year. The employees were very dedicated to the company and most seamed to actually like the job, which I find a rare thing in retail. It did seem like once you had a position it was very difficult to make moves, whether lateral or up. At least that was my observation in the time I was there."

in Indianapolis, IN

"Lowes is a fantastic job with great benefits."

in Jacksonville, FL

"The company is okay to work for. No growth opportunities and it's running on a shortage of employees."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Asheville, NC

"Irregular work hours scheduled at different times of the day each day. Sleeping is irregular. Life activities have to stop. You cannot get involved in your community because you will be scheduled at that time at one point during the week. You cannot work a second job because Lowe's will have you scheduled at all hours during the week at random times. Your life becomes only Lowe's because the irregular hours will not let you do any other life events that happen regularly. You will become disorganized in your life working irregular hours at Lowe's."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"Rotating hours are horrible. You cannot get involved in any activities outside of the work hours. You will be scheduled during 6:AM to 11:00 7 days a week. If you try to have an active life you will be expected to cancel all life activities because you will be scheduled to work during the hours of all life activities. If you are a person that gets involved in your community outside of work, this is not the place to work because you have to keep all hours open to the rotating shifts you will be scheduled. Try to get hired if you don't have full availability to all hours for Lowe's, you want get hired."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Peoria, IL

"Good benefits. But management plays favoritism with hours. I got sick with the flu and called off; the next week they cut my 27 hours to 16 hours and I had to file for partial unemployment. I personally think this place needs a UNION or to be UNIONIZED. The only way to move up is to kiss ass."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5