Lowe's Employee Job Reviews in the United States

Browse Lowe's Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at Lowe's give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Lowe's employees are Team Leaders submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Operations Managers with a rating of 4.5.

(based on 368 Lowe's Review Ratings)

"I have worked at Lowe's in Fort Wayne on Illinois Road for 5 years. This is a top notch company that cares for the employee. Encourages advancement and has a great leadership team. The store manager is a great guy as well."
Posted 6 years ago in Fort Wayne, IN
Paint Associate

"Working with Lowes in Flowood MS you should expect NOT to move up and poor management. I personally worked at Lowes in the paint department started off seasonal making 12.97 per hour (seasonal hours are cut you will only get work when they really need you). You think maybe if you work hard they will keep you and move you up. Definitely not, no matter how hard you work to keep their store looking good or whatever it’s never appreciated. I was kept on after seasonal and then moved to part-time after 4 months or so, with a raise making now $13.02! When you’re part-time expect to get your hours cut out of the blue with no warning no anything, some weeks you may 2 days on the schedule the next week you just may have 4 days. I’ve worked part-time for 8 months in the paint department with minimal hours, no option to move to full time or at least work actual part time hours (25 to 27 hours a week is part time to me). While working part-time a full-time position opened in paint and I was never told about or asked before they brought someone over from the tool dept and gave him full time as well a raise going from 13.50 to 15.00 an hour! (I know this info because the employee told me) He was only working there 5 months prior to them moving him to the paint department. I had to train a man for what should’ve been my position. Needless to say, I’m very good at my job or should I say I WAS, I was obsessed with the dept being neat I took my job too seriously some coworkers would say. I was a very hard worker I sweated day in and day out to make paint and make the dept look GREAT. A year in and no raise or guaranteed hours are ridiculous and need to mention they will hire part-time people occasionally but won’t give you any hours! Need to mention how working with the paint manager seriously affected my mental health. The way he treated me is despicable! I could go into detail on the managers there but I won’t. Overall those people DISGUST ME!"

Lowe's Employee

"I have worked with Lowes Companies Inc snice 2019 till now, I found the Company and the company's work ethic extraordinary"

Lowe's (471)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Xylem (10)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Orchard Supply Hardware (11)
Stocker

"I’ve worked at Lowes for some time, and the atmosphere and management are very hard to communicate and also work with."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lowe's Employee

"Simply put, great beginner job; however, I would not recommend going long term. Overall, Lowes does take pretty decent care of their associates. I had found from working there that a lot of the issues are internal and need to be continuously changing. Such as, but not limited to, the training process: When training with Lowes I had almost two days of nothing but computer training; which is fine, but then I was thrown into the field with the expectation that I would be able to fully operate without floor training. For me that was ok, but I know that my peers were not ok with it and did not appreciate the anxiety of the potential conflict due to lack of training."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Lowe's Employee

"Obviously, your experience will vary a lot by store, but my experience was pretty poor. Management consistently failed in performing the logistical duties they were tasked with, like approving time off, logging sick days, etc. The store was highly disorganized and turn-over was very high. It was a challenge to conduct even the most basic of responsibilities because of the tremendous amount of hoops you would have to jump through. This usually would result in customers getting upset at you, even though you're waiting on someone else to do their part (when you shouldn't need to rely on multiple other people to unlock a gate or contact a specialist). Pay is also below industry standard. Terrible company that doesn't care about employee feedback or their associates. My fellow employees were nice and a few of the managers and my immediate supervisor were cool but overall an abysmal place to work with incompetence around every corner."

Support Coordinator

"I've worked for Lowe's Corporate Headquarters for the past four months and I do truly enjoy the job, my co-workers, and especially my management team. They are supportive and helpful in every way."

Lowe's Employee

"it was okay. I pushed carts so the job wasn't great"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Lowe's Employee

"I have worked in the electrical department at Lowes since the beginning of May 2021. Since starting at Lowes I have learned a lot about the Electrical side of the home improvement business. I have enjoyed the environment that my store has provided. However, I am looking to get into a career with my degree in the future."

Lowe's Employee

"Great company to work for. Awesome pay and great benefits."

Sales Associate

"I have been a Broker Associate for Keller Williams since 2004. I have been a retail associate for Lowes for 3 years. Since March 2017 - 2019. I was a Office manager for The U S Census / Dept of Commerce and Homeland Security 2020 till Census was finished."

Lowe's Employee

"It was a good place to work."

Department Manager

"This site is Awesome! Would recommend it to anyone"

Lowe's Employee

"I worked at Lowe’s for 3 years and turn over is great. management is never on the same level"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lowe's Employee

"I work for a well known company to make sure their employees come first. My relationship with my supervisor is great and with my co workers. The leadership their is awesome. This company treat everyone like family. Working for Lowes is great and there is room to grow in the company."

Merchandiser

"I have worked in Lowes since June of 2020, and it has shown me how people that shop thinks, and how they navigate through the store. It seems as if we have really accomplished our jobs since our store is the most grossing store in Tennessee. The job has also done a great job of teaching me to work with a team and work towards a common goal together while everyone plays their own part. This place makes me feel as if I have a family there forever. Lowes has also shown me how much further great customer service can get me to meet my sales goal."

Lowe's Reviews FAQs

Is Lowe's a good company to work for?

Lowe's has an overall rating of 3.7 Average Rating out of 5, based on over 368 Lowe's Review Ratings left anonymously by Lowe's employees, which is 5% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. 89% of employees would recommend working at Lowe's.

Does Lowe's pay their employees well?

Lowe's employees earn $32,000 annually on average, or $15 per hour, which is 52% lower than the national salary average of $66,000 per year. 190 Lowe's employees have shared their salaries on CareerBliss. Find Lowe's Salaries by Job Title.

How satisfied are employees working a Lowe's?

89% of employees would recommend working at Lowe's with the overall rating of 3.7 out of 5. Employees also rated Lowe's 3.5 out of 5 for Company Culture, 3.4 for Rewards You Receive, 3.3 for Growth Opportunities and 3.5 for support you get.

What is the highest paying job at Lowe's?

According to our data, the highest paying job at Lowe's is a VP of Operations at $275,000 annually. Browse Lowe's Salaries by Job Profile.

What is the lowest paying job at Lowe's?

According to our data, the lowest paying job at Lowe's is a CSR at $12,000 annually. Browse Lowe's Salaries by Job Profile.

What are the pros and cons of working at Lowe's?

According to reviews on CareerBliss, employees commonly rated the pros of working at Lowe's to be Company Culture, Growth Opportunities, People You Work With and Person You Work For, and no cons.

Browse Lowe's Employee Job Reviews by Location