(based on 319 Lowe's Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Lowe's for almost 4 years and would recommend Lowe's as a great place to work. First 2 years were hard working part time but I stuck it out and proved to my managers how much that Lowe's meant to my family by doing everything I could to help the customers while bringing multiple sales for the local store. Satisfying customer needs and helping with their dreams is my passion."
Posted 5 years ago in Cookeville, TN
in Wilmington, NC

"It ain't bad I'm only here because of school. Once I find another job I'm gone. Customer service is for the birds."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"It's ok but typical retail environment. Long days on your feet and little recognition."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Lowe's Employee

"I have worked for Lowes for 1.5 years. I think the company is great, but in this area, the leadership is weak. The lack of a strong are leadership team hinders the ability of the store leadership team to function and grow the company."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Moore, OK

"Good, not great. The environment is what you would expect, the truly bad employees don't last long."

in Memphis, TN

"A good place to work, but the pay could be better. Opportunity for advancement is good if you work in a store with decent management and you are a diligent worker...not so great if you work in many stores throughout a district as I do. Working for a great manager is the real key, and sometimes the great ones are few and far between."

Sales Manager
in Wilmington, NC

"Worked for Lowes for 5 years and for a retail environment, it is better than most. Lowes has an abundance of training programs for associates to improve on their skills or train for other areas if they desire. But just like most retail positions, hours are horrendous if you have a family."

in Mooresville, NC

"As a company Lowe's is best place to work at."

in Mooresville, NC

"This is a strong company with a lot of upside."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Cashier
in Visalia, CA

"I worked at Lowes for a year. Great place to work for, very friendly management."

in Mooresville, NC

"I have worked for Lowe's for a year now and I already am counting the days until I get a better job. Training is awful and you have no support system whatsoever. I never worked for Lowe's before so I did not know anything about how they were as a company or what to expect. If you do not have a close relationship with management, do not expect to be promoted. If you stand up for yourself and fellow employees, you put a huge target on your back. Stay away from this company!!"

in Ponca City, OK

"I've worked for Lowe's for nearly three years. The management staff all have to seem their own agenda and there is very little team effort in completing tasks. Upper management is aware of the shortcomings but does little to address the issues at hand. That being said, the co-workers and my direct reports are positive and great people to work with."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Associate
in Santa Clarita, CA

"I have worked for lowes for about 6 years. I feel that they are a average company. I feel that its a good job but not a career. I'm looking for a career and somewhere I can grow and move up."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Mooresville, NC

"One year as a contractor and over 2 years as FTE at Lowe's corporate. Career progression is slow. Manager focused atmosphere. Releases are constantly pushed back. Development work takes extraordinary amount of time to make it to production, if it ever does. Excellent work atmosphere. Great job security and benefits. Beautiful campus. Better to come here at a senior or architect skill level. Promised competitive market salary over a year ago."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Bedford, OH

"It all depends on what store you're at. Best case, you have a good senior management staff and you will be developed. Without it, you're on your own."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5