(based on 335 Lowe's Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Lowe's for almost 4 years and would recommend Lowe's as a great place to work. First 2 years were hard working part time but I stuck it out and proved to my managers how much that Lowe's meant to my family by doing everything I could to help the customers while bringing multiple sales for the local store. Satisfying customer needs and helping with their dreams is my passion."
Posted 5 years ago in Cookeville, TN
Assistant Store Manager
in Naples, FL

"Worked here for a year and have had three different titles"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Leander, TX

"Unsafe work environment and low wages. Management is more focused on profit than employees."

in Florida City, FL

"Downsizing and revamping currently in progress. Just dismissed 1000 employees at store level"

in Chesapeake, VA

"I have been through one layoff with the company and many more coming for others."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Customer Service Associate
in Hagerstown, MD

"I've worked at the North Hagerstown Lowes for three consecutive summers. The other employees there are very welcoming! They welcomed me with open arms, and I consider myself part of the team now. I recommend the job to anyone who needs one."

Customer Service Associate
in Gaithersburg, MD

"Lowe's is an okay place to work for a while if you need time to figure stuff out. Coworkers are all nice and managers are understanding but there's basically no way to advance your career and it gets very irritating working in a retail environment after a few months i.e. most employees look like they would be rather doing anything else."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Department Manager
in Metairie, LA

"I worked for Lowes for a little less than a year. The employees were very dedicated to the company and most seamed to actually like the job, which I find a rare thing in retail. It did seem like once you had a position it was very difficult to make moves, whether lateral or up. At least that was my observation in the time I was there."

in Indianapolis, IN

"Lowes is a fantastic job with great benefits."

in Jacksonville, FL

"The company is okay to work for. No growth opportunities and it's running on a shortage of employees."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Employee
in Warrington, PA

"schedule changes with new kronos system are a nightmare. I printed out my schedule which starts on a Saturday and supposed to be firm for 3 weeks. then I plan my life. within a day or two the scheduled has changed. so far this week I have had Thursday be rescheduled in hours twice, then not even working that day when I show up for my shift ! Saturday afternoon I left work and didn't have to be in work until Sunday late morning, or so I thought. Surprise! Sunday morning that they told me I was late because they rescheduled me for 7am. Rollercoaster ride for sure! I shouldn't have to check the schedule daily for changes and see if I'm still even working that day. very frustrating & hard to plan around. what would I need to plan? an interview, somewhere else I'm thinking. Who can Italk to about this? Well, my first thought was someone in HR, but that can't happen because I was told the HR person is being laid off & is on leave until then. Lowe's somehow succeeds in spite of itself. I'm seasonal because of being in college year around. I gave my available hours but the scheduling doesn't appear to take that into consideration. I need predictability, not being scheduled then rescheduled then dropped then rescheduled again."

in Asheville, NC

"Irregular work hours scheduled at different times of the day each day. Sleeping is irregular. Life activities have to stop. You cannot get involved in your community because you will be scheduled at that time at one point during the week. You cannot work a second job because Lowe's will have you scheduled at all hours during the week at random times. Your life becomes only Lowe's because the irregular hours will not let you do any other life events that happen regularly. You will become disorganized in your life working irregular hours at Lowe's."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Charlotte, NC

"Rotating hours are horrible. You cannot get involved in any activities outside of the work hours. You will be scheduled during 6:AM to 11:00 7 days a week. If you try to have an active life you will be expected to cancel all life activities because you will be scheduled to work during the hours of all life activities. If you are a person that gets involved in your community outside of work, this is not the place to work because you have to keep all hours open to the rotating shifts you will be scheduled. Try to get hired if you don't have full availability to all hours for Lowe's, you want get hired."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Sales Specialist
in Yonkers, NY

"Lowes as a company is going down. It started going down prior to the new CEO. He took over and just made matters worst. Now cabinet specialist are being held to unrealistic work task. They want us to bring in the most sales, but don't give us the time to do it. I did not go to school to down stock products, sell appliances, and work in home decor. These are all the extra things they are forcing us to do. Now they will only give you you one Sunday off every two months. Talk about a company without a Godly mindset. The more you remove God from this place; the less success you will see here. Managers now harass you about sale, but yet they do not want to pay commission to sale specialist."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Peoria, IL

"Good benefits. But management plays favoritism with hours. I got sick with the flu and called off; the next week they cut my 27 hours to 16 hours and I had to file for partial unemployment. I personally think this place needs a UNION or to be UNIONIZED. The only way to move up is to kiss ass."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Cincinnati, OH

"Preface: I left Lowe's on good terms for a better opportunity. My relationship with my immediate boss was good. On the whole, the work environment was toxic. Management was horrifically under-educated, incompetent, and abusive. Employee treatment was awful. Turnover was high. Pay was low. Schedule had us working until 11:00 at night, possibly opening at 6:00 the next morning. Management was frequently dishonest. (One boss gave me employee SS #s and had me take the safety testing for other workers on a computer in a back room, because they were persistently understaffed and couldn't set aside time to get it done.) Staffing is always extremely low, yet there is the expectation that everything will be perfect and making money, with hardly anyone around to do the work. Don't even think about working here."