(based on 102 ADT Security Review Ratings)
Python Developer
in Boca Raton, FL

"Very professional company , excelent"

Sales Representative
in Valencia, CA

"It was a good company. I learned a lot and am grateful that I worked there. However, it seems that most of the employees are skipping their lunch breaks to complete their jobs, which might make complete sense from a business standpoint but working long periods of time on an empty stomach is not fun."

in Charlotte, NC

"Okay company to work for."

Installation Technician
in Madison Heights, MI

"I’ve been in the workforce for 30 years. This is the absolute worst company I’ve ever worked for. Never in my employment history have I worked for a company so hell-bent on making its employees miserable. The culture is so toxic, it’s basically turned into a bait-and-switch company. A potential customer calls in. They are told they are getring a bunch of equipment. The technicians see they are getting much less equipment and the customers are forced to olay for the other items they are expecting. When technicians speak up, the area general manager just insinuates that we are lazy and worthless."

Average ADT Security Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Sales Representative
in Aurora, CO

"Do not work here. The training is poor, hardly fitting since they try to sell mainly on their good name. The on target earnings are not reflective of what management realistically expects. They say they want around 12 sales a month, but in most areas reps simply don't get there. 7-8 is reasonable, even for working on Saturdays and for that you get about $28k per year. And that's if you stay one year. Their turnover rate is insane. Whoever you start with will likely not be there after a few months. No one seemed to like the job in my office. When I went to the national sales training quite a few people told me they were already looking for other jobs. I got stuck with a territory that simply was not viable to make a living, and this could happen to anyone. It takes them at least four months to redo territories if they don't work. But it seems they would rather let their employees quit than solve any problems. Some offices work, Phoenix is one, but they seem to be far and few between. If you put effort in you seem to get compensation back. Others do not. You would be competing against authorized dealers who can offer better deals than you, as well as internal sales people from ADT who can offer better sales than you. They only compensate around 11 cents a mile, so you end up losing money while doing the job. It is just bad. Look elsewhere, just about any job is better than this one."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Jacksonville, FL

"Jacksonville FSC is horrendous. This center actually caters to the goof-offs. If you work hard and your numbers, expect nothing in return. Management believes in negative reinforcement. Also, don't expect to have a personal life or have time off requests approved."

in Anaheim, CA

"Came here green to the industry. Commission only, which scared me at first. Although I have been there for a year and a half I'm still uneasy. There is a disconnect between sales and install. And considering you don't get paid until a job is installed, this could be a problem. My biggest upside is you can make a great income if you work hard. I'm not a great sales person but just like being out talking to people and I'll hit 80K in my second year here. Downside is have a bad week of no installs and no check. Ouch. Only other thing I don't like is ADT is a what have you done lately company. You could set the world on fire one week and stumble the next and have a good talking to about not producing."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Jacksonville, FL

"The Jacksonville FSC is run like a circus. No time to do the work. This particular center sets you up to fail. If you work hard, you're not appreciated. It seems the goof-offs are actually catered too. Team manager is disengaged from her employees. No recognition for hard work."

in Boca Raton, FL

"As a contractor, ADT used resources on a contract basis almost as a company would utilize office equipment or office supplies. Many contractors, including myself, were nearly "disposable", so my personal experience was not positive in the end.My personal experience also included a very restricted view of overall project details, but I believe that was more due to the PM's personal choices, and do not see that as an overall corporate issue.The environment was fantastic, and most people with whom I interacted were great. It's a shame they don't recognize good resources as assets, whether contract or FTE, and make more effort to retain these resources."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Irving, TX

"Good pay and stable company."

in Boca Raton, FL

"ADT is quickly going downhill. Leadership is inconsistent and confused. HR is absent. Processes are cumbersome and constantly changing. Stay away!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Irving, TX

"Very stable company. Various opportunities within to grow. Great compensation."

in Boca Raton, FL

"Currently working for this company, but who knows for how long. If your thinking of joining ADT, be prepared to work 10-12 hours days, 6 days a week. The pay sales via commission only, have you drive all over with your own car and get HORRIBLE mileage re-imbursement ($.16/mile), and they basically teach you HOW to sell the product, and nothing really about the security part that we are supposed to be trained and experts on.Would not join them knowing what I know now..."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Aurora, CO

"I've worked for ADT for a bit over a year and have found that it lacks strong middle/upper management leadership to make decisions that improve the business. Many people agree that there is no clear vision for the company or our own department. Because of this, it's difficult to get behind leadership. I think they should focus more on employee engagement, offer more opportunities to develop and grow, and provide better training for new employees."

Commercial Account Executive
in Chatsworth, CA

"Working at ADT, was a great place to work as I had the pleasure of working with some great people that turned into life time friendships, it made my job that much more enjoyable and I looked forward to going to work because of the people. My job was to support the sales team and that meant meeting new people and challenges day to day."