(based on 103 ADT Security Review Ratings)
Residential Sales Representative

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"I enjoy the Sales position. They give you the freedom and tools you need to be successful."

"Be positive and ask pertinent questions."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"The pay is terrible and the do not provide you with complete leads."

"Provide better pay and leads."

Person You Work For 3.1 / 5 People You Work With 3.5 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.6 / 5
Core Commercial Sales Agent

"Great Large company with alot of employees and oppurtunities for advancement in the security industry"

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"Learning a new and exciting industry that has always intrigued me and is vital for businesses."

"I have no tips for other interviewing with ADT, except make sure you ask about training."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Local management was absent often and rarely had time for newer reps who had questions."

"They need to spend more time time within the local offices to show leadership to all."

Commercial Account Manager
in Columbus, OH

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Most people know ADT as residential, we are able to handle a full line of security products for companies and schools."

in Melville, NY

"I was an EBR exiting business rep and I did alright I was offered a job as a manufacture rep better befits and something I always wanted to do"

"I would love to meet with you after Jan 1 2011 and I think I can help you grow your sales call some of my old bosses and see the feed back you get and hopefully hear from you soon. happy holidays"

in Tampa, FL

"This process is long and I am interest in what this information is used for."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"The migration of Brinks and Broadview and the effect it had on the sales force."

Commercial Account Representative
in Spokane Valley, WA

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The widely varied pace of projects that demanded creativity and technical excellence. The clients that I met with daily."

"Beware that in all sales areas the attittude has become one of turn and burn. Do not thinkd that you will be there beyond a year or two."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"In the end having a manager that would lie to me and not support my efforts andd actively seek to undermine my professional relationships.. I brought in a 40K job and had him not want it because it would be installed in Las Vegas. It wouldn't benfit him. It would benefit me though and was competitvely bid with the LV branch's input. In the end, this was a factor in my departure because I failed to meet quota duing the period that tthis was sold/rejected. This manager also was co-dependant."

"To treat people more as human beings rather than as cattle. To have more respect for fellow team workers. The metric idea has been taken to far and has lost sight of what it was intended to accomplish. To bend quality and falsify reports to meet metric goals is wrong."

Field Sales Representative

"I reccomend they push for specifics regarding compensation time lines and possible causes for delays."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"I least like the vehicle compensation and comp plans. I also have concerns about the accuracy of payroll accounting and the timeles of payment."

Commercial Account Representative

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"They LIED about everything. There is no way to make money there in commercial sales. Each territory already has like 3 other account reps in it."

"Inform new people that they have to compete for business within their own territory with the small business rep, household rep, existing account rep, as well as competition from outside the company."

Service Installation Technician

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The ability to focus on small business service and the very newest security systems ADT uses"

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"We had a heavy back load of service calls (1000) when I arrivedand the service older senior service manger was in a state of confusion most of the time. It made everyone feel unsafe."

Executive Accountant

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"As the economy got bad the continually lowered and made it hard for a rep to make a decent living."

Sales Leader
in Burr Ridge, IL

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"the ability to go out and earn my own level of income. there was not a cap on it."

"make sure you understand the commission structure and now exactly what your quotas are as much as you can."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"they kept reducing our commission structure. we where making less and less for the same amount of sales."

"be consistent on the commission structure and because they could not control that, being a corporate decision they should have done more to add to the income."

Sales Specialist

"Good place to work for beginners who want to make a career out in Sales."

in Valparaiso, IN

"ADT has competitive products, however, in this financial climate, very few can afford the monitoring fees."

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The name recognition is excellent. ADT has a great selection of good products at competitive pricing."

"Be prepared to do long and irregular hours with a lot of cold calling of homes for self generated sales as company leads are very few."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"The compensation plan, being commission only, requires long and irregular hours and job security is tenuous at best."

"Improve commission plan. If an account fails to pay their monthly fees in the 1st 6 months, the commission payed is deducted back from the sales person, this causes a significant loss of morale."

Sales Representative

"This is my honest evaluation of the position I have at ADT"

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The reps I work with are friendly and cooperative."

"Review and understand the Compensation Plan completely"

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Poor pay for the amount of work required by ADT management"

"Re-evaluate your training program"

Resale Representative

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"Good sales force. Good benefits."

"Be prepared to work triple hard if you are not in the 'preferred' category."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Management engages in preferential and discrimitatory practices with impunity."

"Brace yourselves."