(based on 114 ADT Security Review Ratings)
Commercial Account Representative
in Spokane Valley, WA

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The widely varied pace of projects that demanded creativity and technical excellence. The clients that I met with daily."

"Beware that in all sales areas the attittude has become one of turn and burn. Do not thinkd that you will be there beyond a year or two."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"In the end having a manager that would lie to me and not support my efforts andd actively seek to undermine my professional relationships.. I brought in a 40K job and had him not want it because it would be installed in Las Vegas. It wouldn't benfit him. It would benefit me though and was competitvely bid with the LV branch's input. In the end, this was a factor in my departure because I failed to meet quota duing the period that tthis was sold/rejected. This manager also was co-dependant."

"To treat people more as human beings rather than as cattle. To have more respect for fellow team workers. The metric idea has been taken to far and has lost sight of what it was intended to accomplish. To bend quality and falsify reports to meet metric goals is wrong."

Field Sales Representative

"I reccomend they push for specifics regarding compensation time lines and possible causes for delays."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"I least like the vehicle compensation and comp plans. I also have concerns about the accuracy of payroll accounting and the timeles of payment."

Commercial Account Representative

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"They LIED about everything. There is no way to make money there in commercial sales. Each territory already has like 3 other account reps in it."

"Inform new people that they have to compete for business within their own territory with the small business rep, household rep, existing account rep, as well as competition from outside the company."

Service Installation Technician

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The ability to focus on small business service and the very newest security systems ADT uses"

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"We had a heavy back load of service calls (1000) when I arrivedand the service older senior service manger was in a state of confusion most of the time. It made everyone feel unsafe."

Executive Accountant

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"As the economy got bad the continually lowered and made it hard for a rep to make a decent living."

Sales Leader
in Burr Ridge, IL

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"the ability to go out and earn my own level of income. there was not a cap on it."

"make sure you understand the commission structure and now exactly what your quotas are as much as you can."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"they kept reducing our commission structure. we where making less and less for the same amount of sales."

"be consistent on the commission structure and because they could not control that, being a corporate decision they should have done more to add to the income."

Sales Specialist

"Good place to work for beginners who want to make a career out in Sales."

Security Consultant
in Valparaiso, IN

"ADT has competitive products, however, in this financial climate, very few can afford the monitoring fees."

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The name recognition is excellent. ADT has a great selection of good products at competitive pricing."

"Be prepared to do long and irregular hours with a lot of cold calling of homes for self generated sales as company leads are very few."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"The compensation plan, being commission only, requires long and irregular hours and job security is tenuous at best."

"Improve commission plan. If an account fails to pay their monthly fees in the 1st 6 months, the commission payed is deducted back from the sales person, this causes a significant loss of morale."

Sales Representative

"This is my honest evaluation of the position I have at ADT"

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The reps I work with are friendly and cooperative."

"Review and understand the Compensation Plan completely"

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Poor pay for the amount of work required by ADT management"

"Re-evaluate your training program"

Resale Representative

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"Good sales force. Good benefits."

"Be prepared to work triple hard if you are not in the 'preferred' category."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Management engages in preferential and discrimitatory practices with impunity."

"Brace yourselves."

Technical Service Representative
in Aurora, CO

"I worked in a Phone Center where there wasn't much flexibility."

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The department I worked in is always looking for people. It is a fairly stable place to work."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Because I worked in a phone center it was hard to even plan a day off. The office was also so strict it was hard to get up and use the restroom without getting questioned as to what you were doing off the phones."

"Realize that even though stats are a way to see progress, they aren't the only way to make sure your team is doing their job."

Executive Secretary

"Company sold and was never the same, what a shame."

Security Sales Consultant
in Saint Petersburg, FL

"You'll Spend More Than You Earn"

"Get up in the middle of the interview and leave."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"No sales support at all."

Senior Technician
in Oakville, ON

"Good idea to help job seekers."

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"The rapid change in working environment and dealing with customers face to face"

"This is a great place to work and wish you all the best. Remeber to do your job right the first time so no need for site revisits."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"scheduling sometimes has double booking!!"

"make sure to look at the entire picture of jobs before commiting to customers appointments."

Sales Representative
in Omaha, NE

"Unfortunately, I can't pick the lower answers because they don't pay that well...."

What do you like about working at ADT Security?

"Gaining some sales experience."

"Unless you are already experienced with their products and don't need to make much money, don't bother."

What don't you like about working at ADT Security?

"Terrible pay, terrible management, lousy training, terrible support."

"Quit allowing the ADT Dealers to underbid ADT itself. Create a base pay + commission structure. Simplify the commission structure. Get a training program and a support program."