(based on 539 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"
Posted 5 years ago in Pasadena, CA
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon Missile Systems IT was historically a leader in innovation under prior leadership. However, severe pressures to reduce the overhead budget of the business led to the consolidation of business units and transition of many IT functions to Corporate IT positions. This adversely impacted the organization's ability to serve specific business needs and led to indiscriminate reductions of headcount in critical skill positions. Resources are not being managed effectively by current leadership."

in Tucson, AZ

"Great company to work for, smart people, good leadership. The main drawback is how R&D money has been going done year after year, and also how much of our business is government related and the funding is lowering for the defense industry."

in El Segundo, CA

"I retired from Raytheon in August 2014."

Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer
in Largo, FL

"I began at E Systems which later was swallowed up by Raytheon. I wrote sw code for a spread spectrum communication system. The sw language was C/C++. I initially enjoyed my position there. I wore many hats there. I was an adaptable engineer. Over the years it became too bureaucratic. But I survived."

in Melbourne, FL

"I've worked on Ascension Island since 2012. The job is okay but it is a very isolated location. There is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low."

Material Program Manager
in El Segundo, CA

"I worked for Raytheon (Hughes Aircraft) for over 30 years. This company is very good working with employees and suppliers."

Test Operator
in Andover, MA

"I have been working at Raytheon for two years and it's is a good company. The pay is good and has decent benefits. Unfortunately the focus on seniority really alienates all of us new hires regardless of skill."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Chula Vista, CA

"There was an East coast, West coast disconnect between management. Managers are sent out from the East who don't understand our business. Each new manager would undo his predecessor's work. Good managers work to help personnel achieve their goals. Education assistance was allocated to East cost personnel. Promotions can be fleeting. Worker's Comp is difficult. Retirement medical for me, $1k per month, High deductible."

Senior Electronics Technician

"For a company that forces all underlings to take ethics training, the upper half seemed to have missed their training."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in American Fork, UT

"Raytheon, for the most part, hires engineers that meet all of the job requirements posted for an opening. Raytheon, for the most part, is an engineering driven company. Raytheon SI, a group within Raytheon IIS, hires mostly 20-somethings for black, white or gray box vulnerability testing."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Wilmington, MA

"Only sprockets, cogs, and widgets should consider working at Raytheon because that's how you'll be treated. Very poor software support; disgruntled IT staff; smallest cubicles EVER; on the other hand, there is an excellent cafeteria; and great benefits."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Design Engineer
in Tewksbury, MA

"At the time, Raytheon was a political workplace where you had to play BAll to get ahead there."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"This company is stuck in the past and is not willing to change. They are satisfied with being a large and sluggish company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Andover, MA

"I worked for Raytheon for almost 4 years during a period of excellent performance. Organization is extremely process driven and attempts to reach its goals. Like many cyclic companies performance goes through cycles and a 10-20% layoff in engineering led to my departure. Work balance and the 9-80 schedule were two important aspects that I enjoyed."