(based on 539 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Raytheon, Space and Airborne Systems for the past 15 years right out of college. The people are friendly; the management I've had were generally not overbearing; and, the work is challenging. This is a defense contractor in the aerospace industry, so the pace tends to be slower than the commercial sector. But overall, I enjoyed working for them."
Posted 5 years ago in El Segundo, CA
in Woburn, MA

"Only work there if you are unconcerned if you have a job tomorrow or not. They treat people like numbers. There is less humanity and respect of employees at Raytheon than ANY company that I've worked for in my 40 years in the high-tech industry. Oh yeah, and they keep thinking they've "invented" all sorts of new ways to work. What a bunch of deluded pompous fools."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in El Segundo, CA

"Great company but need more competent highly paid people who can get the job done. The company tends to "averaged" everyone so high performers tend to feel let down by management. Hard to move up in the company since managers value "what have you done for me lately" rather than technical acumen."

in Pasadena, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon for 5 years. It's very much a big company with "big company" ideas with regards to change and innovation. I think it's a great place to retire, but not the right place for young people with fresh ideas."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
in Chula Vista, CA

"Good place to work, great employees but there is so much politics with this company. Upper management is very insecure and micro managers. Since it's a Military contractor work is up and down and contracts come and go fast."

Raytheon Employee

"I worked first at Raytheon when they acquired the defense business from TI and then until the group I was associated with was divested to L-3 Communications. When Raytheon was transitioning technology from California to Texas, I returned to find that the integrity and moral attitude of the group had improved significantly during my absence; new ideas were embraced and accepted, people were involved in decisions. When contracts are available, Raytheon SAS was a great place to work."

in Sterling, VA

"Raytheon is a great company for missiles, radars, etc. But the services organization (particularly IIS) struggles to thrive against other competitors such as LMCO, Leidos, BAH, NGC, etc. Company strongly promotes moving personnel to difference positions which they are clearly not qualified for or have the experience to perform. Company looks for strategic hires but then tends to ignore them."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Training and Development Specialist
in Waltham, MA

"I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. Unfortunately, I had to leave to go back to school, as I wanted to change my career path."

Field Service Technician
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with Raytheon since 2010. It was a decent company to work for, although the high-up people didn't seem to show much respect for their actual employees. They consider you easily replaceable, like they are looking at numbers. Although, it is very conflicting, because they waste money left and right when it doesn't come to things besides personnel. However, the pay was really well, but the hours away from home made family life suffer."

in Warner Robins, GA

"While the company itself is fine, It like many others these days doesn't invest a lot into training it's field personnel. The training is all on the job. Don't expect to have people pay for you to keep up with technology. That will all be on your own dime. Fortunately the pay is slightly higher than the average. That makes up for the lack of training support."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Cambridge, MA

"+ Smart people. + Interesting work. + Good benefits. - Mostly government funding."

in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to start a career."

in Tucson, AZ

"I worked for Raytheon Missile Systems for 7 years an was laid-off last year."

in Washington, DC

"Great company, fantastic working environment, great co workers."

in Chula Vista, CA

"I've worked here for five years and I noticed that the employees are pressured to do things with very little support from supervisors. Employees are hostage to accept the situation for fear of getting unemployed or loose jobs. Very difficult to deal with supervisors because supervisors are also hostage to management afraid to loose their jobs."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lead Software Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."