(based on 539 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."
Posted 5 years ago in Tucson, AZ
Senior Project Engineer
in El Segundo, CA

"Company is great, but it is very very slow. Younger talent is driven away because of this."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Program Control Analyst
in Marlborough, MA

"It's a fine place to work although a recent reorganization has prevented my chances for advancement."

in El Segundo, CA

"Raytheon is MUCH too involved in processes. The idea seems to be that people who are untrained or new to the business can do the work just by following the processes. Of course, this fails, and the answer is to implement more processes. The result of this has been huge amounts of hassle, red-tape, and waiting for others. This results in the new-to-the-work workers being confused, and the knowledgeable workers being stymied in their efforts, leading to lots of frustration and attrition."

Senior Systems Engineer
in Pelham, NH

"Great place to work if you can get into a circle of people moving up. Otherwise, you will be stuck in the same place for years to come."

Software Specialist
in Ashburn, VA

"Very saturated with managers. Limited opportunities to move up in the company. Very cut throat environment. There's no accountability for managers and engineers are treated as expendable assets."

Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"Work environment at Raytheon in Tucson is, simply said, ugly and horrible. Huge open noisy areas with dozens of computers with no privacy, windows, or internet access. On the top of that, they keep rooms ice cold so we had to wear jackets and winter caps all the time while inside. Managers will spin and blame on you their faults. Sometimes, they do not even explain what exactly we are supposed to do, so you have to keep asking same questions over and over. Every day I was at useless meetings. One thing all the managers at Raytheon are very good at is making Powerpoint presentations. Upper and mid level management are the same people that just rotate every 1-1.5 years. Performance reviews are designed to discourage hard working employees. Raytheon is not for anyone who is ambitious, or young, achievement driven engineer, or anyone white. They are so into affirmative action which is beyond any normal reasons."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Technical Writer
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon was a great experience that enabled me to begin developing my career in new and innovative ways. I thoroughly enjoyed the company of others while working at this facility and will never regret working for such an outstanding company."

Principal Engineer
in El Segundo, CA

"A good company with wonderful products and mission. It is a company willing to add capabilities and improve its competency. The major barrier to make it a great company is hindered by their ability to accelerate cycles in career path clarity and promotion of the younger talents, they would be a very attractive place to work with."

Senior Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"Large company. Good pay. Lots of good people there. Great engineering tools. Can be hectic working on programs. I worked there 13 years. I found it difficult to move up. it's not enough to do a good job."

Manufacturing Engineering Manager
in McKinney, TX

"The Raytheon Company has provided an environment and culture of respect and trust. I have been empowered in my career by my Leadership to continually hone my skillset. I have had the opportunity due to the Leadership culture to grow my knowledge in the areas of Manufacturing, Quality, Production Control, and Program Operations. My relationship with the Raytheon Company has been mutually beneficial as I have grown in my career and have continually added value to the Raytheon Company"

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Principal Mechanical Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"Good company, good management, good people, good organization and resources."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
in Indianapolis, IN

"Overall a decent company. The head and body aren't always connected and the management style and choices of managers leaves much to be desired."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Senior Laser Electro-Optical Technician
in El Segundo, CA

"If you want to work in California then Raytheon is NOT the place for you."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
in Fullerton, CA

"It was great to work at a company that treats there employees as well as they do."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
in Avondale, LA

"Raytheon is an extremely well organized company that employs great people and is involved in extremely interesting projects. Anybody that can receive employment with this company is fortunate and can look forward to exciting career opportunities."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5