(based on 582 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."
Posted 6 years ago in Tucson, AZ
Enterprise Solution Architect
in Waltham, MA
Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Fullerton, CA

"Company is divided in two groups which are management and technical people. Once program is done, the management would not hesitate to lay off any technical people. The management believes that technical people are easy to be replaced. The review processes are very negative. The management always wants to find fault in any person. The technology is not advanced in the company."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Fort Wayne, IN

"The company failed to really care about their employees. They poorly communicated with employees and management in many cases was located at some other company site. My immediate manager was located in my same location but her manager was located on the east coast and really didn't know us or what we were doing. Decisions were made from afar. When I was laid off, the remote manager came to our site to notify me, and quickly demonstrated that she had no idea what my job was."

in Fullerton, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2009 and have found that there many counter-productive and bureaucratic policies that often prevent me from doing a job efficiently. The people in the company are great and there are many benefits to working for such a large company. But it's extremely easy to get overburdened by process."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon is a good company to work for. My overall experience there has been positive. I would choose to continue my career there if they had an open position in the location that I am relocating to."

in State College, PA

"I've worked at Raytheon since 2001. Taking this job was the single worst decision of my life. A software engineer has no place here. You can't have access to any new technology. If you have something that makes your job easier, they'll take it away from you. You don't make software here, you just sell hours to government customers."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Fullerton, CA

"It is a good company to work."

in El Segundo, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon SAS for the last four years. As an engineer, I've found it difficult to get on interesting design projects. Most of the work here is production support."

in Fort Wayne, IN

"I worked at Raytheon (Fort Wayne) for over 4 years and enjoyed my time there. I loved the flexible work environment and the freedom to work on projects at my own pace. People are friendly and willing to help with problems."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Technical Writer
in El Segundo, CA

"I worked for Raytheon Technical Services for nearly a year. Based out of Waltham, MA, our offices are in El Segundo, CA. I worked as a Technical Writer for the company's Patriot Missile program, editing, making corrections, and enhancing the technical documents the United States Army uses."

in El Segundo, CA

"Raytheon provided a good working environment with the best individuals working that the industry has to offer."

Raytheon Employee

"This internship was a great insight into what a Software Developer would be doing. It helped me realize that it is not what I want to do as a career as a recent graduate as a computer engineer. The management was a great team to work with and very laid back with an open door policy, making them approachable at any time. The laboratory testing of the coding and opportunity to work with Hubble Telescope team was awesome."

in Tucson, AZ

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2009 and have found it a very satisfying technical place to work at. However my work often got bogged down in processes which were not always fully defined."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon Missile Systems IT was historically a leader in innovation under prior leadership. However, severe pressures to reduce the overhead budget of the business led to the consolidation of business units and transition of many IT functions to Corporate IT positions. This adversely impacted the organization's ability to serve specific business needs and led to indiscriminate reductions of headcount in critical skill positions. Resources are not being managed effectively by current leadership."

in Tucson, AZ

"Great company to work for, smart people, good leadership. The main drawback is how R&D money has been going done year after year, and also how much of our business is government related and the funding is lowering for the defense industry."