(based on 591 Raytheon Review Ratings)

"I've been working at Raytheon, Space and Airborne Systems for the past 15 years right out of college. The people are friendly; the management I've had were generally not overbearing; and, the work is challenging. This is a defense contractor in the aerospace industry, so the pace tends to be slower than the commercial sector. But overall, I enjoyed working for them."
Posted 7 years ago in El Segundo, CA
in Warner Robins, GA

"While the company itself is fine, It like many others these days doesn't invest a lot into training it's field personnel. The training is all on the job. Don't expect to have people pay for you to keep up with technology. That will all be on your own dime. Fortunately the pay is slightly higher than the average. That makes up for the lack of training support."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Cambridge, MA

"+ Smart people. + Interesting work. + Good benefits. - Mostly government funding."

in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to start a career."

in Tucson, AZ

"I worked for Raytheon Missile Systems for 7 years an was laid-off last year."

in Washington, DC

"Great company, fantastic working environment, great co workers."

in Chula Vista, CA

"I've worked here for five years and I noticed that the employees are pressured to do things with very little support from supervisors. Employees are hostage to accept the situation for fear of getting unemployed or loose jobs. Very difficult to deal with supervisors because supervisors are also hostage to management afraid to loose their jobs."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lead Software Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."

in El Segundo, CA

"Excellent management support. Excellent resources for completing daily operation tasks as well as furthering education into new fields or business functions. This company is very dedicated to its customers and adheres strictly to the audit and contract requirements of its customers. On Time Delivery is one of the most critical priorities for Raytheon. The products are of the upmost quality and the extended customer service reflects the company's dedication."

Material Program Manager
in El Segundo, CA

"Prior to my retirement, I was a Material Program Manager responsible for the coordination and execution of all programs material strategies, supplier chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Serve as the IPTL leader for Spares and Repairs Programs. Also, I was a Buyer, responsible for buying all material for Spares and Production hardware. As part of my Six Sigma training, I was a member of a Kaizen Blitz team, resulting in over $346,000 dollars in direct saving,"

Enterprise Solution Architect
in Waltham, MA
Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Fullerton, CA

"Company is divided in two groups which are management and technical people. Once program is done, the management would not hesitate to lay off any technical people. The management believes that technical people are easy to be replaced. The review processes are very negative. The management always wants to find fault in any person. The technology is not advanced in the company."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Fort Wayne, IN

"The company failed to really care about their employees. They poorly communicated with employees and management in many cases was located at some other company site. My immediate manager was located in my same location but her manager was located on the east coast and really didn't know us or what we were doing. Decisions were made from afar. When I was laid off, the remote manager came to our site to notify me, and quickly demonstrated that she had no idea what my job was."

in Fullerton, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2009 and have found that there many counter-productive and bureaucratic policies that often prevent me from doing a job efficiently. The people in the company are great and there are many benefits to working for such a large company. But it's extremely easy to get overburdened by process."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon is a good company to work for. My overall experience there has been positive. I would choose to continue my career there if they had an open position in the location that I am relocating to."

in State College, PA

"I've worked at Raytheon since 2001. Taking this job was the single worst decision of my life. A software engineer has no place here. You can't have access to any new technology. If you have something that makes your job easier, they'll take it away from you. You don't make software here, you just sell hours to government customers."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5