(based on 591 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"
Posted 7 years ago in Pasadena, CA
Forensic Analyst
in El Segundo, CA

"This is not a good company to work for. This is why Raytheon has such a high turnover rate! The atmosphere is tumultuous and there is no trust between management and employees and employees and management. If you do decide to work for them, document EVERYTHING to CYA."

in McKinney, TX

"I have worked for Raytheon over 15 Years. Originally designated to oversee the flying prober development, working on small quantity that were than moved to bed of nail testers. Later requisitioned to work on both flying prober and bed of nail tester development, produced well over 2 hundred programs and fixtures over the course the years. Responsible for Shop monthly reports identifying FPY and recurring issues as well as solutions to resolve these problems. Worked with MFG engineers to ensure the procurement of correct components, also created excel data files to help technicians access the location of over 500 Spectrum fixtures with both in the shop and in third party storage. Continuously assisted Technicians improve their troubleshooting skill through on the job training aids. Involved in DFT programs with various design engineers, and completed training for Six Sigma improvements on a yearly basis, also completed classes in ESD, Safety and other OSHA requirements."

in Tucson, AZ

"Not a bad job if you're looking to work a 9-5 for 30 years."

Principal Systems Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"Raytheon has been a great company to work for. Unfortunately the engineering management has embarked on an ill advised approach to improving workforce capability by emphasizing leadership over technical expertise of individual contributors. They are definitely not focused on employee retention."

Principal Software Engineer
in El Segundo, CA

"I've been working at Raytheon, Space and Airborne Systems for the past 15 years right out of college. The people are friendly; the management I've had were generally not overbearing; and, the work is challenging. This is a defense contractor in the aerospace industry, so the pace tends to be slower than the commercial sector. But overall, I enjoyed working for them."

Lead Systems Engineer

"Raytheon is very strong company with lots of potential within Aerospace and Defense industry. Employees are treated well. Compensation could improve but with overall great work environment and flexibility company is doing great job."

Data Center Manager
in Pasadena, CA

in Woburn, MA

"Only work there if you are unconcerned if you have a job tomorrow or not. They treat people like numbers. There is less humanity and respect of employees at Raytheon than ANY company that I've worked for in my 40 years in the high-tech industry. Oh yeah, and they keep thinking they've "invented" all sorts of new ways to work. What a bunch of deluded pompous fools."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in El Segundo, CA

"Great company but need more competent highly paid people who can get the job done. The company tends to "averaged" everyone so high performers tend to feel let down by management. Hard to move up in the company since managers value "what have you done for me lately" rather than technical acumen."

in Pasadena, CA

"I've worked for Raytheon for 5 years. It's very much a big company with "big company" ideas with regards to change and innovation. I think it's a great place to retire, but not the right place for young people with fresh ideas."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
in Chula Vista, CA

"Good place to work, great employees but there is so much politics with this company. Upper management is very insecure and micro managers. Since it's a Military contractor work is up and down and contracts come and go fast."

Raytheon Employee

"I worked first at Raytheon when they acquired the defense business from TI and then until the group I was associated with was divested to L-3 Communications. When Raytheon was transitioning technology from California to Texas, I returned to find that the integrity and moral attitude of the group had improved significantly during my absence; new ideas were embraced and accepted, people were involved in decisions. When contracts are available, Raytheon SAS was a great place to work."

in Sterling, VA

"Raytheon is a great company for missiles, radars, etc. But the services organization (particularly IIS) struggles to thrive against other competitors such as LMCO, Leidos, BAH, NGC, etc. Company strongly promotes moving personnel to difference positions which they are clearly not qualified for or have the experience to perform. Company looks for strategic hires but then tends to ignore them."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Training and Development Specialist
in Waltham, MA

"I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. Unfortunately, I had to leave to go back to school, as I wanted to change my career path."

Field Service Technician
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with Raytheon since 2010. It was a decent company to work for, although the high-up people didn't seem to show much respect for their actual employees. They consider you easily replaceable, like they are looking at numbers. Although, it is very conflicting, because they waste money left and right when it doesn't come to things besides personnel. However, the pay was really well, but the hours away from home made family life suffer."