(based on 542 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I've been working at Raytheon, Space and Airborne Systems for the past 15 years right out of college. The people are friendly; the management I've had were generally not overbearing; and, the work is challenging. This is a defense contractor in the aerospace industry, so the pace tends to be slower than the commercial sector. But overall, I enjoyed working for them."
Posted 5 years ago in El Segundo, CA
Design Engineer
in Tewksbury, MA

"At the time, Raytheon was a political workplace where you had to play BAll to get ahead there."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"This company is stuck in the past and is not willing to change. They are satisfied with being a large and sluggish company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Andover, MA

"I worked for Raytheon for almost 4 years during a period of excellent performance. Organization is extremely process driven and attempts to reach its goals. Like many cyclic companies performance goes through cycles and a 10-20% layoff in engineering led to my departure. Work balance and the 9-80 schedule were two important aspects that I enjoyed."

in Troy, MI

"I have worked here for 9 years and have mostly enjoyed my experience. My job allows me to help shape the direction of what technologies are implemented which is rewarding. The down side is that there seems to be more extras and perks of working here that are taken away or reduced every year. Granted, the economy declined the past couple years, but there seems to be little things that they could do to improve morale. There is no clear path to advance from my position which is frustrating."

in Goleta, CA

"Raytheon is an excellent company. Raytheon Vision Systems is located in the Santa Barbara County and is less than a mile from the beach. Often there are functions or events that take place outside of work and it is easy to find yourself spending time with your coworkers. Hard work, but important work!"

Raytheon Employee

"I worked over 8 years supporting the Global Hawk Ground Segment Network Data Center. Raytheon has good work ethic policies. I have learn to work with a team of professionals to get the job task done in a timely manner. I have traveled different parts of the world supporting the Air Force network ground network data centers. I am a team player who works well with other and I have good communication skills communicating with the customer."

Raytheon Employee

"I worked for Raytheon Company from 1998, when Texas Instruments sold off their defense business, through 2004 when our department was sold to L-3 Communications because of duplication of effort between California and Texas. During that time, Raytheon was and continued to strive towards being an ethical and recognizable company that valued its employees. Returning to Raytheon in 2008, it's values of ethics was even more ingrained into its culture; there is a great deal of respect between workers."

Web Developer
in Sterling, VA

"I've worked with Raytheon for 15 years now and have been very lucky to work for some great supervisors. Raytheon has good training programs and benefits. Lots of opportunities to grow if you're willing to work hard."

in Ashburn, VA

"I've worked with Raytheon for over 5 years. I used to enjoy my job, but due to reorganization and management changes, it's now depressing. There is a lack of respect, and I now have a co-worker that's trying to take over. My boss does nothing since the co-worker is very tight with his boss."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Garland, TX

"I've worked for Raytheon for ten years. Because the company makes most of its money on missiles, I think there's a belief at the higher levels that the same processes that make them successful at missile production will make them successful at software development. I have not found this to be the case.Career advancement at Raytheon Garland is somewhat slow due to the large number of future pensioners occupying the higher labor grades."

in Tewksbury, MA

"The company is good as a whole, with minor issues."

RF Systems Engineer
in El Segundo, CA

"Very good company to work at."

Senior Software Engineer
in Chesapeake, VA

"I had wanted to be a lifer with Raytheon, but I found that while they talked a good game about ethics, their application was less than satisfactory. They protect management regardless of management's crimes.Despite receiving years of excellent performance reviews and acceptable compensation, I was regularly subject to double standards and punished for bringing problems to management.I'd like to think that my experience does not represent Raytheon -- but I fear it does."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
IT Support Technician
in Tucson, AZ

"Benefits were good and educational opportunities were great. The people were terrific, but management was just that, no real leadership."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Senior Technical Support Engineer
in Fullerton, CA

"Raytheon is a technology leader and offers a wide range of jobs. At the same time, some programs within the company are becoming stale or losing budget. This makes it very disheartening due to the lack of pay raises, better positions, and the extra work load that is needed to make on from the lack of hiring.Not all programs are in the same situation."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5