(based on 582 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"
Posted 6 years ago in Pasadena, CA
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
in Chula Vista, CA

"Good place to work, great employees but there is so much politics with this company. Upper management is very insecure and micro managers. Since it's a Military contractor work is up and down and contracts come and go fast."

Raytheon Employee

"I worked first at Raytheon when they acquired the defense business from TI and then until the group I was associated with was divested to L-3 Communications. When Raytheon was transitioning technology from California to Texas, I returned to find that the integrity and moral attitude of the group had improved significantly during my absence; new ideas were embraced and accepted, people were involved in decisions. When contracts are available, Raytheon SAS was a great place to work."

in Sterling, VA

"Raytheon is a great company for missiles, radars, etc. But the services organization (particularly IIS) struggles to thrive against other competitors such as LMCO, Leidos, BAH, NGC, etc. Company strongly promotes moving personnel to difference positions which they are clearly not qualified for or have the experience to perform. Company looks for strategic hires but then tends to ignore them."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Training and Development Specialist
in Waltham, MA

"I enjoyed my time there and the people I worked with. Unfortunately, I had to leave to go back to school, as I wanted to change my career path."

Field Service Technician
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with Raytheon since 2010. It was a decent company to work for, although the high-up people didn't seem to show much respect for their actual employees. They consider you easily replaceable, like they are looking at numbers. Although, it is very conflicting, because they waste money left and right when it doesn't come to things besides personnel. However, the pay was really well, but the hours away from home made family life suffer."

in Warner Robins, GA

"While the company itself is fine, It like many others these days doesn't invest a lot into training it's field personnel. The training is all on the job. Don't expect to have people pay for you to keep up with technology. That will all be on your own dime. Fortunately the pay is slightly higher than the average. That makes up for the lack of training support."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Cambridge, MA

"+ Smart people. + Interesting work. + Good benefits. - Mostly government funding."

in El Segundo, CA

"Good place to start a career."

in Tucson, AZ

"I worked for Raytheon Missile Systems for 7 years an was laid-off last year."

in Washington, DC

"Great company, fantastic working environment, great co workers."

in Chula Vista, CA

"I've worked here for five years and I noticed that the employees are pressured to do things with very little support from supervisors. Employees are hostage to accept the situation for fear of getting unemployed or loose jobs. Very difficult to deal with supervisors because supervisors are also hostage to management afraid to loose their jobs."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Lead Software Engineer
in Tucson, AZ

"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."

in El Segundo, CA

"Excellent management support. Excellent resources for completing daily operation tasks as well as furthering education into new fields or business functions. This company is very dedicated to its customers and adheres strictly to the audit and contract requirements of its customers. On Time Delivery is one of the most critical priorities for Raytheon. The products are of the upmost quality and the extended customer service reflects the company's dedication."

Material Program Manager
in El Segundo, CA

"Prior to my retirement, I was a Material Program Manager responsible for the coordination and execution of all programs material strategies, supplier chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Serve as the IPTL leader for Spares and Repairs Programs. Also, I was a Buyer, responsible for buying all material for Spares and Production hardware. As part of my Six Sigma training, I was a member of a Kaizen Blitz team, resulting in over $346,000 dollars in direct saving,"

Enterprise Solution Architect