(based on 582 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Raytheon since 2006 and it is a wonderful work environment that provides and opportunity for growth."
Posted 6 years ago in Tucson, AZ
in El Segundo, CA

"I retired from Raytheon in August 2014."

Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer
in Largo, FL

"I began at E Systems which later was swallowed up by Raytheon. I wrote sw code for a spread spectrum communication system. The sw language was C/C++. I initially enjoyed my position there. I wore many hats there. I was an adaptable engineer. Over the years it became too bureaucratic. But I survived."

in Melbourne, FL

"I've worked on Ascension Island since 2012. The job is okay but it is a very isolated location. There is no opportunity for advancement and the pay is low."

Material Program Manager
in El Segundo, CA

"I worked for Raytheon (Hughes Aircraft) for over 30 years. This company is very good working with employees and suppliers."

Test Operator
in Andover, MA

"I have been working at Raytheon for two years and it's is a good company. The pay is good and has decent benefits. Unfortunately the focus on seniority really alienates all of us new hires regardless of skill."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Chula Vista, CA

"There was an East coast, West coast disconnect between management. Managers are sent out from the East who don't understand our business. Each new manager would undo his predecessor's work. Good managers work to help personnel achieve their goals. Education assistance was allocated to East cost personnel. Promotions can be fleeting. Worker's Comp is difficult. Retirement medical for me, $1k per month, High deductible."

Senior Electronics Technician

"For a company that forces all underlings to take ethics training, the upper half seemed to have missed their training."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in American Fork, UT

"Raytheon, for the most part, hires engineers that meet all of the job requirements posted for an opening. Raytheon, for the most part, is an engineering driven company. Raytheon SI, a group within Raytheon IIS, hires mostly 20-somethings for black, white or gray box vulnerability testing."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Wilmington, MA

"Only sprockets, cogs, and widgets should consider working at Raytheon because that's how you'll be treated. Very poor software support; disgruntled IT staff; smallest cubicles EVER; on the other hand, there is an excellent cafeteria; and great benefits."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Design Engineer
in Tewksbury, MA

"At the time, Raytheon was a political workplace where you had to play BAll to get ahead there."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Tucson, AZ

"This company is stuck in the past and is not willing to change. They are satisfied with being a large and sluggish company."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Andover, MA

"I worked for Raytheon for almost 4 years during a period of excellent performance. Organization is extremely process driven and attempts to reach its goals. Like many cyclic companies performance goes through cycles and a 10-20% layoff in engineering led to my departure. Work balance and the 9-80 schedule were two important aspects that I enjoyed."

in Troy, MI

"I have worked here for 9 years and have mostly enjoyed my experience. My job allows me to help shape the direction of what technologies are implemented which is rewarding. The down side is that there seems to be more extras and perks of working here that are taken away or reduced every year. Granted, the economy declined the past couple years, but there seems to be little things that they could do to improve morale. There is no clear path to advance from my position which is frustrating."

in Goleta, CA

"Raytheon is an excellent company. Raytheon Vision Systems is located in the Santa Barbara County and is less than a mile from the beach. Often there are functions or events that take place outside of work and it is easy to find yourself spending time with your coworkers. Hard work, but important work!"