(based on 529 Raytheon Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Raytheon Mission Solutions in Pasadena, CA since 2001 and found it to be innovative and satisfying place to work. The fast paced technical and web development work kept the staff energized and motivated and frequent All-Hands Meetings and Corporate Sponsored Events made the work environment feel comfortable and more intimate than most large scale companies. The JPL customer insured that there were constantly new challenges to tackle and new web media to create. All in all…. a great place to work!"
Posted 5 years ago in Pasadena, CA
in Waltham, MA

"I learned a lot about the corporate world and it's challenges by working for Raytheon. When complex problems arise, it may take longer than other companies to find a resolution through the challenges of government regulation and corporate politics. While this is archaic, it is beneficial to the young professional in organizing their thoughts to be consumed effectively by an older work environment."

in Fulton, MD

"I have worked for Raytheon Solipsys for over 5 years, and it is a strong company. Their benefits are good, the PTO is amazing as it is built up over the years. However, they need to listen to their employees more and so that the company can be more innovative and competitive."

Raytheon (784)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
Raytheon Employee

"The company is very good for learning the skills to launch you to another level. The people you work with are very knowledgeable and usually pretty easy to work with. Building I'm at is pretty old and they still have a lasting "good ol' boy" kind of workplace. The work is pretty fulfilling with your average day-to-day things that can get monotonous. Overall, not a bad place to work."

in El Segundo, CA

"Raytheon has so many programs and future contracts. It is easy to move around to programs of your interest."

Average Raytheon Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Tucson, AZ

"Nice place to work, interesting projects"

in Arvada, CO

"I've worked at Raytheon for 4 years."

in El Segundo, CA

"Very competitive pay and meaningful work."

Production Control Supervisor
in Tucson, AZ

"Large company with large company issues when it come to communication. Decent compensation, hard to move up."

in El Segundo, CA

"I've worked at Raytheon since 2018 and I've found it to be a well-organized company. The company is very encouraging with work-life balance and there is a multitude of programs available. I've met some very smart engineers here and have developed my skills while working here. I've found that getting promotions is too political and less dependent on accomplishments and skills and more on the relationship you have with the managers. The company seems to be growing fast."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Troy, MI

"They are a revolving door looking for someone else to use and abuse. It's not a place you are treated well or going to have a career. Look somewhere else. It's very stressful and no feelings of security. Best thing I ever did was move on."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Huntsville, AL

"I'm at year 25 of my career and worked across 6 companies. Raytheon was the worst and I’m thankful that I was able to get out quickly. I'm convinced most of these reviews are fake. Morale across all divisions are the lowest I've seen. RMS seems to have the most unhappy people, but you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who likes the company. The section heads and managers at RMS are the worst I've seen throughout my 25 year career. If you're not in the "boys-club" or a white male, then it’s darn near impossible to get rated correctly at review time and you get a lousy raise. Bosses lie to keep the people they don't like down. It happens across divisions but seems much worse at RMS. The only people who move up are the ones who know someone or were designated a "hi-pot" by a friend in upper management. Most of these hi-pot’s are hacks and lie about what they do. The employees who've been wronged are afraid to say anything. When they do HR comes against the person who reported the wrongdoer to HR."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Orlando, FL

"Good people, great benefits."

in Garland, TX

"Minimal compensation for hard work. Average raise was 2% this year. Over the past 4 years, this was the highest raise that I received, yet all of my reviews were good. Raytheon has chosen to reward new hires in an effort to entice them to stay at the expense of the more experienced engineers. The young ones still leave yet management never learns. Oh, yeah, they took away a small incentive payment that we used to receive, except for upper management, of course, they still get theirs. The work can be interesting yet often mundane. The good projects go to the handpicked "favorites". Future growth is limited for those technically inclined, yet there seems to be an endless road of promotions if you want to go the management route. Naturally, the "brochure" says otherwise."

in Groton, CT

"Extremely dysfunctional work environment."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Sudbury, MA

"I've worked for Raytheon for almost a year, plus being a summer intern before that. While many will likely be able to strive here, it is also very possible to get bogged down in all the paperwork and processes that Raytheon has developed and that must be fitted to any and every application. It is occasionally hard to get real work done because of this, and far too many employees seem content to sit around in meetings all day accomplishing next to nothing."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5