On average, employees at MetLife give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest MetLife employees are Software Test Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.9 and Financial Planners with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 146 MetLife Review Ratings)
"I've worked for MetLife for the last 11 months and honestly I loved each day of it, my co-workers and I have a great connection and we work together all as a team and have accomplished so much. The office environment is to anybody's taste and I would highly recommend MetLife to any professional worker looking for a career."
Posted 3 years ago in Manhattan, NY
in Cary, NC

"Metlife is in a transition phase going from national to global and from old methodologies to new. Though there are a lot of legacy processes and technologies in Metlife as a whole, the operations in Cary that I see are mostly committed to the future. The work-life balance is one of the best, comparable to my time at SAS."

Executive Administrative Assistant
in Manhattan, NY

MetLife (244)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (151)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
in Dayton, OH
in Tampa, FL

"I have been on contract with MetLife for the past 2 years as a Sr. Infrastructure Project Lead. I was hired for the Lotus Notes migration to Microsoft O365 and Microsoft Lync for approx 1500 LOB users. Although this was a great experience, and loved the co-workers, I needed more of a challenge."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5

Average MetLife Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Intern
MetLife Employee

"MetLife is an exceptional organization that is filled with talented, dedicated, and... well... really good people. The headquarters at 1095 Avenue of the Americas has fantastic views of the city and especially of Bryant Park, which is a nice little perk."

Actuarial Intern

"Very good during my internship."

Director of BI and Analytics

"I worked at MetLife for 8 years moving up in the company at a slow but steady pace. I left because MetLife had moved out of California, otherwise I'd still be working there."

QA Analyst
in Somerset, NJ

"I worked for Metlife for 3 years. it was a great company to work for."

MetLife Employee

"MetLife is a very old company. Their ways are of stodgy old men who don't quite want to walk into the 21st century. Until 2 months ago, I was using a modified version of Microsoft XP. Working in the online sphere, the OS as well as the machines running them were by far completely outdated. Additionally, with a large organization the size of MetLife comes an unbelievable amount of inter-office politics. This stops up work from being done."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Software Test Engineer

"I've worked with MetLife. The company is the largest financial company in the fiance world. I had gathered a lot of experience during my working period. I enjoyed working with my team because the team was the most awesome team ever!"

in West Warwick, RI

"Was told several things about hours and pay when I was interviewed but when it came down to it those things did not happen. I find it hard to work for a company that is not honest and does not truly care about their employees and their needs."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Raleigh, NC

"I joined MetLife in July 2013 (was the 6th hire in Raleigh NC) and was told that the GTO (corp IT) culture would be vastly different... one based on innovation, collaboration and empowerment. Instead, it's the same storied bureaucratic insurance company clinging to past, failed processes... but with the turmoil of laying off most of its core IT function. Would not recommend joining Met IT in Raleigh until and if management delivers on their rhetoric."

Financial Consultant

"Company has started cutting back significantly on staff, requiring those who still are there to work days, nights, and weekends."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
MetLife Employee

"I worked for the company for more than three years, it used to be a great company that cared for its people, employees and clients alike. Then it changed when there was a strategic direction change that resulted some top producers left the company. That was a few years ago. I still believe it is a good company to work for."