(based on 167 MetLife Review Ratings)
"I've worked for MetLife for the last 11 months and honestly I loved each day of it, my co-workers and I have a great connection and we work together all as a team and have accomplished so much. The office environment is to anybody's taste and I would highly recommend MetLife to any professional worker looking for a career."
Posted 6 years ago in Manhattan, NY
MetLife Employee

"MetLife is a very old company. Their ways are of stodgy old men who don't quite want to walk into the 21st century. Until 2 months ago, I was using a modified version of Microsoft XP. Working in the online sphere, the OS as well as the machines running them were by far completely outdated. Additionally, with a large organization the size of MetLife comes an unbelievable amount of inter-office politics. This stops up work from being done."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Software Test Engineer

"I've worked with MetLife. The company is the largest financial company in the fiance world. I had gathered a lot of experience during my working period. I enjoyed working with my team because the team was the most awesome team ever!"

in West Warwick, RI

"Was told several things about hours and pay when I was interviewed but when it came down to it those things did not happen. I find it hard to work for a company that is not honest and does not truly care about their employees and their needs."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Raleigh, NC

"I joined MetLife in July 2013 (was the 6th hire in Raleigh NC) and was told that the GTO (corp IT) culture would be vastly different... one based on innovation, collaboration and empowerment. Instead, it's the same storied bureaucratic insurance company clinging to past, failed processes... but with the turmoil of laying off most of its core IT function. Would not recommend joining Met IT in Raleigh until and if management delivers on their rhetoric."

Financial Consultant

"Company has started cutting back significantly on staff, requiring those who still are there to work days, nights, and weekends."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
MetLife Employee

"I worked for the company for more than three years, it used to be a great company that cared for its people, employees and clients alike. Then it changed when there was a strategic direction change that resulted some top producers left the company. That was a few years ago. I still believe it is a good company to work for."

PIMO Liaison
in Long Island City, NY

"This Fortune 50 company, making ungodly profits, has decided to relocate hundreds of employees to North Carolina because it's cheaper to do business there. Yet, they found enough money to plaster the company name on a football stadium in NJ, as well as across several buildings in NYC. The last 3 CEOs have been the worst in MetLife's formerly great history."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
HR Business Partner

"I spent 10 years at Metlife and thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the company. My exposure to leadership was unequaled. I was given many opportunities to succeed and was rewarded with being nominated for a unique executive development program at Babson College."

Technology Liaison
in Tampa, FL

"Worked for MetLife from 2003 through 2013. I was given a great many opportunities to succeed, improve myself, and move within the company. I started on the smaller Individual Insurance side and eventually moved over to the much larger group side. While I enjoyed the people that I worked with I sometimes wondered what exactly the senior management did except come into a new position and change structure of teams and projects."

in Long Island City, NY

"Overall is a great place to start a career, especially right out of college. My team is amazing and they are always there to help and provide feedback. One of the downsides is the new management of the company, I do not believe they are directing the company in the right direction."

Solution Engineer
in Boston, MA

"I worked for Metlife for 14 years. They are progressively fallen in their care for employees. When I started working there people referred to them as Mother Met because Met took care of them. Now I think they are called Evil Stepmother Met - Met cares about its stock price now and employees come last - this is why they have turned into an uncaring company. They recently decided to replace 3000 jobs in the NY and NJ area - even though they are a NY company and move those jobs to NC."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Quality Control Analyst
in Irving, TX

"My employer is not a company that promotes within nor offer any employees any type of competitive financial packages. I have been with the company for over a year now and so many people have left the company as well as the industry. The hours are horrible, people are unhappy. They actually call the center I work in a sweatshop. There are times a person wants to stay at home on the weekend and have a little family time. That won't happen with my employer."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Consultant
in Wilmington, DE

What do you like about working at MetLife?

"I love my field as a programmer analyst and work on various projects."

"Be familiar with the company and ready for interviews, projects."

What don't you like about working at MetLife?

"To many meetings, and not being able to accomplish more in my technical areas to be productive."

"Be technical and familiar with company projects and all environments."

Mortgage Processor
in Newburgh, NY

"Had a wonderful experience."

What do you like about working at MetLife?

"Great experience, very informative and dedicated to work I did."

"Be positive and know your job requirements in order to succeed."

What don't you like about working at MetLife?

"Unfortunately, assignment ended and I hope to find another job."

"Keep up the good work, they were very supportive in all decisions."

Mortgage Specialist
in Federal Way, WA

"This was a wonderful company to work for, I wish they would have stayed."

What do you like about working at MetLife?

"I enjoyed the variety of work I was able to complete for the company."

"MetLife is a wonderful company with many different financial products."

What don't you like about working at MetLife?

"All the regulations that were forced due to the economy and bank bailouts. Files would weigh an average of 5 pounds."

"Working on a DOS based system should be updated to allow higher quality of work."