(based on 227 Johnson Controls Review Ratings)
"I've worked as an intern at Johnson Controls, Inc. for nearly 2 years now and I can't thank them enough for the experience that I've gained working with them. The internship position is highly recommended!"
Posted 6 years ago in Milwaukee, WI
in Milwaukee, WI

"I have worked for JCI for almost 10 years within product development. The company is going through changes and is suffering from short term thinking. It's benefits are ok and the pace of work is fairly relaxed until quarter end, then it it becomes a rush. The people are great, but management is out of touch and bonus driven."

in Milwaukee, WI

"JCI has gone through enormous change in the last 5 years, with huge amounts of M&A as well as internal transformation. Most of the leadership and well over half of most groups (IT, finance, etc) have turned over, all through a passion to achieve new growth. It’s chaotic and stressful, but exciting."

Johnson Controls (336)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
in Cranston, RI

"A worldwide company focused on building solutions. The company cares for its workforce and clients. It's a welcoming environment."

Project Engineer
in Richland, MS

"Driven for growth. Team player. Constant learner"

Average Johnson Controls Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Roswell, GA

"I’ve been working here for less than 4 months and have experienced so much discrimination and retaliation. I have reported this issue with the integrity hotline and HR, it under the rug. So I contacted the EEOC to file a formal complaint and possibly sue. It’s very hard to continue to work here and be Harrass because they are simply wanting me to quit."

in Florence, SC

"Work there 3 years, upper management is horrible, non supportive, they hide safety accidents and all kinds of environmental incidents are not shown, wrongful discharge."

Service Account Executive
in Omaha, NE

"Resigned from a company where I ranked consistently in the upper 10% nationally in sales to work at JCI. The Omaha branch manager promised me some "good accounts" to get me started...never happened. All "good accounts" were saved for their superior star sales person who immaturely threatened to leave (like a little kid) if he didn't get his way. Culture of this branch can be best described as boring, non productive, very clique-ish... kind like middle school. Even the regional VP of sales played the "I don't know who you are" game when he came to town for his annual ego boost. Management wise, it was awful hard to find anyone or anything close to what I call a leader in this group. The good news is today I look back and laugh at this place... I'm happy that I didn't fit in with these clowns."

in Miami, FL

"Over ten years with the company. No promotion."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Account Manager
in Omaha, NE

"This company has to be recognized as one of the worst excuses for a business out there. They promise you all the support in the world during the interview process, but once your hired... Lightweight Omaha Branch management are only concerned with their so called image, consistently brown nosing the so called leaders above them, and play favorites with their sales darlings to insure you won't get ahead. Pure jerk liars. Was informed AFTER I was hired that the average tenure at this place is 18 months! So don't waste you time and their money like I did. It was noted by the elitist Regional VP that he ran his region like a family. Congrats... you're the proud owner of a dysfunctional one. You're right inline with the morals of your CEO, who made the headlines by cheating on his wife with a CEO of a company that JCI contracted with! And he's still there!"

Senior QA Engineer
in Simi Valley, CA

"I worked with many companies and one is Johnson Controls. I worked for security based department. Company has lot of talented employees but company is loosing them all due to poor management."

Lead Engineer
in Plymouth, MI

"I am working for Wipro Techonlogies with one of the Clients, Johnson Controls Ltd., located in Plymouth, Michigan. I had very nice experience working with Johnson Controls. I have learnt many things which add value to my career."

Senior QA Test Engineer
in Simi Valley, CA
in Northwood, OH

"I have worked for Johnson Controls for the last 8 1/2 years. I have become familiar with achieving daily tasks as well as meeting company objectives. We work at a fast pace and are under pressure to meet or exceed our customers' increasing expectations."

in Whittier, CA

"Strong company. Great people. Knee-jerk reactions when sales hit a bump in the road."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
District Maintenance Supervisor
in Milwaukee, WI

"I worked for Johnson Controls Inc. for 10+ years. I enjoyed working for them and all the people I work with. Johnson Controls is a great company."