On average, employees at Johnson Controls give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Johnson Controls employees are Quality Technicians submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Maintenance Technicians with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 221 Johnson Controls Review Ratings)
"I've worked as an intern at Johnson Controls, Inc. for nearly 2 years now and I can't thank them enough for the experience that I've gained working with them. The internship position is highly recommended!"
Posted 5 years ago in Milwaukee, WI
in Florence, SC

"Work there 3 years, upper management is horrible, non supportive, they hide safety accidents and all kinds of environmental incidents are not shown, wrongful discharge."

Service Account Executive
in Omaha, NE

"Resigned from a company where I ranked consistently in the upper 10% nationally in sales to work at JCI. The Omaha branch manager promised me some "good accounts" to get me started...never happened. All "good accounts" were saved for their superior star sales person who immaturely threatened to leave (like a little kid) if he didn't get his way. Culture of this branch can be best described as boring, non productive, very clique-ish... kind like middle school. Even the regional VP of sales played the "I don't know who you are" game when he came to town for his annual ego boost. Management wise, it was awful hard to find anyone or anything close to what I call a leader in this group. The good news is today I look back and laugh at this place... I'm happy that I didn't fit in with these clowns."

Johnson Controls (330)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
in Miami, FL

"Over ten years with the company. No promotion."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Account Manager
in Omaha, NE

"This company has to be recognized as one of the worst excuses for a business out there. They promise you all the support in the world during the interview process, but once your hired... Lightweight Omaha Branch management are only concerned with their so called image, consistently brown nosing the so called leaders above them, and play favorites with their sales darlings to insure you won't get ahead. Pure jerk liars. Was informed AFTER I was hired that the average tenure at this place is 18 months! So don't waste you time and their money like I did. It was noted by the elitist Regional VP that he ran his region like a family. Congrats... you're the proud owner of a dysfunctional one. You're right inline with the morals of your CEO, who made the headlines by cheating on his wife with a CEO of a company that JCI contracted with! And he's still there!"

Average Johnson Controls Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior QA Engineer
in Simi Valley, CA

"I worked with many companies and one is Johnson Controls. I worked for security based department. Company has lot of talented employees but company is loosing them all due to poor management."

Lead Engineer
in Plymouth, MI

"I am working for Wipro Techonlogies with one of the Clients, Johnson Controls Ltd., located in Plymouth, Michigan. I had very nice experience working with Johnson Controls. I have learnt many things which add value to my career."

Senior QA Test Engineer
in Simi Valley, CA
in Northwood, OH

"I have worked for Johnson Controls for the last 8 1/2 years. I have become familiar with achieving daily tasks as well as meeting company objectives. We work at a fast pace and are under pressure to meet or exceed our customers' increasing expectations."

in Whittier, CA

"Strong company. Great people. Knee-jerk reactions when sales hit a bump in the road."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
District Maintenance Supervisor
in Milwaukee, WI

"I worked for Johnson Controls Inc. for 10+ years. I enjoyed working for them and all the people I work with. Johnson Controls is a great company."

Operations Manager

"Company is too big, and their managed services (contingent workforce) have practically no training involved. They just throw you in, and see if you don't sink. Too big for there britches."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Eldon, MO

"I like the company but the management didn't really care about its employees."

in Milwaukee, WI

"What used to be an exciting and challenging company to work for has turned into a micro-managed, top heavy, paper work driven corporate monster. Since the GWS division has been taken over, morale has plummeted, talent is fleeing and those left are spending their days trying to follow their departed colleagues. Several "initiatives" rolled out under the new dictatorship have been poorly scheduled, poorly fabricated and the field managers expected to implement them have not received the training required to make them work. It would be impossible to train them as the "teams" tasked with that training have not been properly trained themselves and have no clue what to do. The work load for the average low to mid-grade manager is insane. No less than 5 "initiatives" have been rolled out together and are in most cases contradictory of each other. Two top executives last year enjoyed $25M (that's 6 zeros folks) between them, while lesser managers received COLA cuts."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Program Manager
in Irving, TX

"Johnson Controls, 120k in personnel, sets the standard in DDC controls for Building Management Systems. They are diverse in their products and capacity to implement and satisfy customer requirements and will do what it takes to make the satisfaction of difficult issues happen."

in Milwaukee, WI

"I have great experience working with JCI."