85 United Services Automobile Association Reviews

Browse United Services Automobile Association Reviews by Job Title →

On average, employees at United Services Automobile Association give their company a 3.8 rating out of 5.0 - which is equal to the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest United Services Automobile Association employees are Software Developers submitting an average rating of 3.9 and Financial Advisors with a rating of 0.0.

(based on 60 United Services Automobile Association Review Ratings)
"Super awesome company with many perks to the job. Great work environment, plenty of time off, multiple gyms, decent food courts, and good people.Cons: A very traditional and conservative company. They preach innovation but often that turns into red tape and politics. The militaristic culture may not be for everyone."
Posted 6 years ago in San Antonio, TX
Quantitative Reporting Analyst
in San Antonio, TX

"It’s cool but it really depends on what manager you get. I didn’t get so lucky this first go around."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in San Antonio, TX

"USAA is committed to serve its members with great respect and provide excellent customer service to meet their financial, banking, insurance, and mortgage needs. They offer great benefits, positive work environment, and want their employees to succeed in their job duties."

United Services Automobile Association (85)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is National Medical Care (205)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Ascensus (6)
in San Antonio, TX

"it was a great place to work at."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Tampa, FL

"I worked for USAA for 6 years, 9 months. For the most part I like my tenure at the company but the last year of employment saw major change in leadership. In the last 3 month more than 30 different employees and quit their job due to the workload that was now demanded of the mortgage department. This workload ultimately drove me out of that company."

Average United Services Automobile Association Ratings in the Past 4 Years

United Services Automobile Association Employee

"A great company to work for that values employees and treats them as members of the company. The campus is really nice with plenty of amenities and great networking opportunities. Also great to learn about different cultures and appreciate their contribution to the workplace."

in Addison, TX

"Micromanaged without any leadership. Anywhere. Nowhere to be found. On any level. They only know how to reward nepotism, favoritism, and good old fashioned corrupt cronyism. If you are looking for a meritocracy where you can be known for the quality and caliber of your work, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a company who stands by their values, there is no honestly, loyalty, integrity, or trust here. But if you have a cold heart and no soul, if you prefer a job to punch in and check out, if you want to join a majority of your colleagues with medicated anxiety problems, you may enjoy it. Or the closest thing you register to joy, that is."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in San Antonio, TX

"This is a great company to work for, with a lot of benefits available to all employees."

in San Antonio, TX

"It is a good place to work."

Safety Engineering Intern
in San Antonio, TX

"I am working with USAA for my master's degree capstone project. My two supervisors are very professional and very helpful whenever I need assistance with anything. The employees are very friendly and the facilities are amazing."

in San Antonio, TX

"I worked in the USAA Marketing Department for about 15 months. I found this to be a great workplace with amazing benefits for full-time employees, a strong company culture, authentic sense of purpose, and brilliant, friendly leadership. While workplace politics are definitely heavy, this company is a great fit for an individual looking for a conservative, but caring, workplace."

in San Antonio, TX

"Company is doing very well. Environment is incredibly relaxed - lazy would be a good word. Much room to move in to middle management, but high level leadership will go to former military."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Simply put. Great place to work if the managers were not so political. I was originally hired for one position and after a month they removed that position and I became a floater. After 8 months of trying to find work they finally put me on a team just to find a reason to let me go shortly after. Not due to work performance, but how I present myself during work hours to other employees. Even though I was the go to person for help which was part of the reason I was let go. Do not work here if you a collaborative person who likes to help others and push yourself to be a cultural and community leader. Interacting with other people looks bad here."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Senior Software Engineer
in Richmond, VA
in San Antonio, TX

"This is a great company, I love what it does and what it stands for. The culture is generally excellent and they treat their employees great. Most complaints in my area center around the tremendous amount of legacy problems and bueracracy resisting change. Also seniority holds a lot of weight so moving up can be a time consuming endeavor even for rock star performers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Member Services Representative
in Colorado Springs, CO

"I did not work at USAA for long, however the time I was there is reflective of why I left. I also did not enjoy working in a call center."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5