(based on 447 Sears Review Ratings)
"I worked for Sears for over 22 years, which was fulfilling, learning, and all around a pleasure."
Posted 12 years ago in Citrus Heights, CA
Java Application Developer

"I have worked with Tata Consultancy Systems for almost 2.5 years mostly in Java/J2EE technology. The domain with which I was associated all the time was SCM/retail, that is why I have known so much about supply chains. I have almost worked on all kind of web technologies like, PHP, Java, J2EE,JSP, JavaScript, Node JS, ASP .NET, HTML, CSS, JQuery, and so on."

Sales Lead
in Tampa, FL

"The spinoff company into independent strip shopping center locations is a good concept, but requires more solutions for ancillary services like delivery, installations, and logistics. At the sales level, there is little visibility to management and divisions to implement resolutions to these issues. As a former international project manager, it frustrates me that I am not afforded any opportunity to offer suggestions to overcome these operational issues."

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Sears is a great place to learn process and collaborate with multiple teams. They also have great opportunities for advancement within the company because they are so large. After working there for 2 years you're able to advance and place on other projects within the organization."

Person You Work For 4.7 / 5 People You Work With 4.7 / 5 Work Setting 4.7 / 5
Support You Get 4.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.7 / 5
Sales Associate
in Danbury, CT

"I have been employed as Sears for a little over a year. This is a base pay plus commissions with a minimum of minimum wage if you don't achieve enough in commissions. There is a bonus plan monthly which is 1% of total sales for month if you achieve 125% of your sales, PA and Attachment objectives. Regular commission is roughly 1.5% of sales (no commission is paid for some department sales, although those sales count for your days sales objectives. Overall the company is not a bad place to work."

Person You Work For 2.7 / 5 People You Work With 2.7 / 5 Work Setting 2.7 / 5
Support You Get 2.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.7 / 5
Fine Jewelry Consultant
in Columbia, SC

"I loved it. I enjoyed my time there and I would do it again."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
in Round Rock, TX

"I found this company to be very mismanaged and not very customer eccentric. I felt that they could have been more proactive about resolving customer issues."

in Concord, CA

"I have been working there for 7 years and have had some good experiences and some bad."

in Concord, CA

"I've worked for sears for several years and its an Ok company to work for, but things could be better."

in Olathe, KS

"I found the people to be courteous and polite. I never had any difficult with anybody there. They were straightforward with me and helpful in organizing my schedule."

Home Improvement Advisor
in Meriden, CT

"Friendly environment to be a part of a winning team"

Program Manager
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"It was a great experience and I learned a lot from everyone around me."

Footwear Associate
in McAllen, TX

"It was okay for awhile, but working there got worst the longer I stayed. Most of the people I worked with in the footwear department left as well because they didn't like it either."

Software Engineering Intern
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Very good experience in industry and corporate world. Nice working environment."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Refrigeration Technician
in Martinsburg, WV

"Expect that you will run 10+ calls a day plus 3+ hours of travel time."

What do you like about working at Sears?

"It was my first real full-time job after the Air Force and HVAC tech school. We did receive some commission on sales."

"Do your best to find a job somewhere else besides Sears, where they will appreciate the work you do."

What don't you like about working at Sears?

"I didn't like long hours, poor management, no raises, high employee losses every year, irate customers, too many processes to follow, being hounded about productivity %, dealing with third party warranties on the phone, and long travel to and from your call locations."

"Wake up and listen to your employees when they say they are tired and worn out."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Consultant
in Asheville, NC

"Great sales experience, which taught me the sales process and pushed my learning curve."

What do you like about working at Sears?

"I like the great sales experience at Sears, and exceptional managers and mentoring. It is a great job to put me through college and get me sales experience at the same time."

"Target where you want to work in the store. Don't get stuck in a department you are uncomfortable in."

What don't you like about working at Sears?

"I dislike retail. The hiring process is too broad. They need to hire more qualified people to reduce turnover."

"I would suggest more marketing training and sales training, and less focus on just showing up to sell."