(based on 447 Sears Review Ratings)
"Great seasonal job at Sears for the holidays and/or a second job."
Posted 11 years ago in New Hartford, NY
Visual Designer
in Streamwood, IL

"Having been working for a considerable time as a senior visual designer at Sears Holdings Corporation, I had the chance to gain extensive experience in brand development, illustrations, mobile and web technologies with ability to provide strategic and initiative designs that can transform the industry."

Sears Employee

"Anyone with REAL Loss Prevention experience Do not apply with Sears or Kmart! Worst PAY in the industry! Check with glassdoor for pay rates! Especially in the Los Angeles area! Working the D.L.P.M., Erin Heald, is a joke! She cant even lose weight let alone run the LP Dept! Good thing I'm going to a better company to make some descent money, and will be a SALARIED employee instead of HOURLY :)"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Plano, TX

"Sears is a company that strives for goals and works hard to attain them."

in Knoxville, TN

"Too much emphasis on metrics at the expense of losing sight of the customers and the best ways to meet their needs."

Sales Associate
in Denton, TX

"Worked for Sears for 4 years; dissatisfied with the employment. Pay cuts due to "incentive programs," digital devices, lack of customer and employee care, poor management on both the store and local level. When I was told that "customer service doesn't matter, just the numbers", I decided that my time at Sears was up and immediately resigned. Would not recommend this place to work or shop."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Louisville, KY

"This is the only job I've ever had that I paid them to work there! They send their consultants 200 plus miles on one lead and pay apporx .20 per mile. The highest seniority there is approx 9 months. Red flag!! Commission only, no base pay. I knew it was a horrible job while I was waiting every two weeks for my fuel reimbursement which was always incorrect. I can not stress how horrible, and possibly illegal, this job is. Products are great but unfortunately, not the job."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
HVAC and Appliance Technician
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"The company I work for is average at best, it has its goods and its bad."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Magnolia, TX

"Sears Hardware (at this location) is franchised by Moreland Tool Co. They do not offer benefits or employee discounts, and focus only on profits made. Employees do not seem to be as valued as the owner says they are, and those that haul their own weight do not seem to be distinguished from those that do not. Management and co-workers are nevertheless easy to work with."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Retail Support Representative
in Montreal, WI
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
sales project consultant
in Longwood, FL

"I have worked with this company since 2009, in the USA, they have all the necessary equipment and technology to develop the sales, I moved to Puerto Rico, but here they don't have any technology, we work with paper pads, no computers, no tablets, all presentation is manual and we don't have the permission to use our own computers or tablets to use the company's website to do the presentations."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Saint Cloud, MN

"Been working there for 2 years and worked up from softlines (shoes) to appliance sales associate. That seemed to be the highest I could go. I get my bachelors degree soon so I will be moving on to bigger and better things. Not a terrible job though. Managers at my store were great!"

Software Developer
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"CEO needs to understand the core values and focus on making the lives easy not just for customers but also for employees!"

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"A very good company to work with and a great working environment with flexibility and technologies used."

in Westwood, MA

"I was excited to work at a brand name company known for quality product and great service. However, there was no defined sales territory resulting in hours of driving, no opportunity to build a reputation within a certain demographic. Commission based with not enough installers resulted in many customer cancellations. I was not impressed by management and lack of communication."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5