(based on 447 Sears Review Ratings)
"The division of Sears in which I am working, ShopYourWay provides great opportunities to work with latest technologies. The work environment is cool and the employees and contractors are treated with respect! I would love to be here for a very long time!"
Posted 7 years ago in Hoffman Estates, IL
in Madison, WI

"I began in 2008 and management switched many times while I was there. They all had a hard time knowing what customers wanted and how employes should be treated. I worked three for 2 and half years and during my time we had 3 different store managers."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Miami, FL

"The analysis of the employees' performance is schematic, so it is not fair at all. The indirect supervisors do not consider what they should to evaluate the performance of their employees.Although from a customer's point of view, is a great place to go shopping, given the quality of its offers, at not-so-high prices."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

"The work there was not that good and the co workers were not the friendliest either."

in Ontario, CA

"I worked for Sears for over 2 years. Having worked almost exactly the same job for GE for about 3 years previously, I have a good foundation upon which to compare the 2 experiences. Sears is by far the worst repair technician employer around. They don't support their techs, they don't allow their techs flexibility to get the job done correctly, and they don't provide effective managers to help get the job done. Sears only cares about the bottom line, not their tech, and not their customers!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Torrance, CA

"It's a great place to work. The company is making great changes."

Senior Analyst
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Unfortunately Sears has not done well in the past several years. The company continues to go through many changes but the outlook for the near future just doesn't look promising."

Sales Associate
in Coralville, IA

"I found my time at SEARS to be well spent in that I've gained many skills over my various positions."

Lead Front End Developer

"All in all I enjoyed my time with Sears Holding Corp. as a FED. The team I worked with was solid and would help one another with any questions or to shoot ideas off. The workplace could've looked a little nicer, but everyone seemed pretty nice."

in Oceanside, CA

"I have worked for Sears Outlet since spring 2013. It can be a fast paced environment that requires some technical skill. Pay and benefits are average, staff is courteous and nice."

Manager

"I have worked for Sears Hometown & Outlet stores for since May 2013. Since I have started we have changed my immediate supervisors (2 levels). I am concerned about the overall stability of this company. Sears Holdings is not doing well financially and seems to be selling everything they own to stay opened for business. Everything is basically shooting from the hip for the S.H.O.S. and seems to be following the same footsteps as Sears Holdings."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Hoover, AL

"I have worked at Sears for almost 2 years and depending on the environment, it can be very stressful. The culture has to change in order for it to survive. People take the work for granted and no wonder we have lost customers."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Cashier
in Clovis, CA

"I worked here for 14 months in a minimum wage job with no opportunities to advance and no raises. Period. The managers expressly told me that I wouldn't move up--not because of any shortage on my part, but because the company just does not promote from within. Further, the corporate offices do not give lowest-level employees the tools and resources they need to do the job they are required to do. My manager was rude, disrespectful, and frequently created a hostile work place. Not fun."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Technical Support Specialist
in Hoffman, MN

"I worked Sears Holding Corp. More than 5000 employees working there."

Senior Tester
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Overall a good company to work for and excellent benefits, life/work balance."

Sears Employee

"I worked at Sears for 5 Months and never felt like a valued employee. I would never recommend the position to anyone."