(based on 447 Sears Review Ratings)
"Great part-time work when going to school."
Posted 11 years ago in Miami, FL
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Not a bad place to start your career."

Sales Representative
in La Jolla, CA

"Sears is not prepared to make the needed improvements to secure the company's future. A 'yes man' environment does nothing to promote excellent customer service or drive profits."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Washington, DC

"Much room for improvement operationally. Products are great and are well-excepted. Unfortunately, operational execution is very suspect, even with longer lead times."

in Richmond, VA

"I worked for Sears for just 7 months. I was brought in to grow the Richmond, VA market and this was happening with the addition of many new accounts. My position ended up being dissolved due to the decline of overall sales of several markets in my region. My complaint is the way the lay off took place. After an AM trade event I was suddenly called and told to send back my cell, laptop, and files once in my home office. I was also locked out of the system permanently and not given any severance."

Senior Analyst
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I've worked at Sears for almost 4 years and have seem people come and go because of the poor benefits and lack of leadership."

Back End Developer
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Sears Holdings Corporation is a good place to work for recent grad. They pay really well and they have good managers."

Product Manager
in Longwood, FL

"Overall Sears is a great company with the history of a world-class leading retailer, but the culture of the company continues to be its Achilles heel. They are behind the times and are losing their core demographic and unwilling to adapt - which causes a huge lapse. There are very few KPI's or metrics in place to monitor performance and allow for educated decision making which is also an issue as decisions are made blindly which lead to poor results."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I do not recommend the company to anyone. Limited chance for advancement and the company's CEO is not a leader I wish to follow."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Art Director
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Sears is actually a good place to work. The environment is friendly and the focus of the company is to grow their internal staff. I'm a special case as I was brought in as a contractor and hired full time. There has been some restructuring in my department which has caused my responsibilities to change."

Hadoop Administrator
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I've worked with Sears Holdings over the past 2 years. I believe they have an excellent work environment. They are very good at handing out the tools need to complete work, and compensate those who perform very well. Although the retail sector is ailing, Sears continues to try new things to further their earnings."

Mobile Architect
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"The division of Sears in which I am working, ShopYourWay provides great opportunities to work with latest technologies. The work environment is cool and the employees and contractors are treated with respect! I would love to be here for a very long time!"

in Melville, NY

"I worked for Sears Holding for the past 5 years and the changes happened way too fast that most employees can not keep up. My team was one of the best on the district and the company did not do anything to praise them. They can do more to help out the employees."

Service Writer
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Comapny is not the same Sears. Budget cuts and cutting salary it is hard to move up or stay there. I liked my co-workers but they had problems with management."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Sears Employee

"STAY AWAY!Worst company ever for tech people. Started out with a group supposedly to help rebuild, but they all left. Laid off and quit. Absolutely no bonus."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in El Cajon, CA

"I worked for Sears for almost 3 years. The pace was very high, but the support was lacking in many places. Disorganization and miscommunication was common. There was no clear upward path. As it stands, once you are a technician, that's basically where you stay. On a more positive side, the freedom of the job was great."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5