(based on 447 Sears Review Ratings)
"The division of Sears in which I am working, ShopYourWay provides great opportunities to work with latest technologies. The work environment is cool and the employees and contractors are treated with respect! I would love to be here for a very long time!"
Posted 7 years ago in Hoffman Estates, IL
Manager
in Kennesaw, GA

"Sears is out of business."

Supervisor
in Palmdale, CA

"I STARTED THE JOB AT SEARS IN MARCH 2013 TILL NOVEMBER 2019, DURING THAT PERIOD I WAS THE TOP 3 PERSON IN MY COMPANY THE WHOLE TIME, SERAS HOME IMPROVEMENT IS THE OLDEST & BIGGEST IN NATION & I WAS PLEASED TO WORK FOR SUCH A RELIABLE COMPANY."

in Elgin, IL

"IMX is an in-house agency that supports the content creation for all Sears/Kmart/Kenmore/Craftsman/Diehard brands."

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Sears Holdings was a solid employer over the years; unfortunately do to retail hardships and not investing in further company innovation Sears is no longer able to compete in today's retail world. Over the years Sears was a great place to work and all that I learned and experienced is invaluable to my career. I am sorry to see them struggle in today's retail landscape but it was a good ride with many relationships, experience and knowledge gained"

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I’ve worked for Sears/Kmart for 8 years. I’ve enjoyed every minute of it, working with so many great intelligent, hard-working individuals with a lot of passion to see our retailer stores succeed. The leaders have taught me to market on little to no budget and still have our marketing stand out. They are not afraid to try new things to take our business to new levels."

HVAC Technician

"I transferred out of state temporarily for this company and I was happy to gain knowledge and experience with them. I felt as if they fully prepare me for my work and opportunities ahead."

Recruiter
in Longwood, FL

"Very good company to work for. Good environment and management."

in Murfreesboro, TN

"Worked for Sears Home Services. Learned a lot and worked with many great people. Unfortunately the company is not very stable."

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"Sears has very serious issues and I don't expect that they will exist in another year."

Area HR Manager
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I loved working for this company and really thought I would be there forever. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed on the corporate side, but within the districts it is a great place to work for. People are absolutely awesome there and they want the company to succeed, however things management is doing at the corporate level is going to make the company go under."

Software Engineering Intern
in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I have worked for Sears Holdings for 3 months as an intern and I think it is a great place to get great corporate experience."

in Melville, NY

"I’ve worked for this company for over three years. It has gone through a lot of changes. It used to be a much better company but now I’m not sure of its direction."

in San Francisco, CA

"A standard retail company with a standard environment."

in Falls Church, VA

"I am currently working at Sears in Falls Church, Virginia for 9 years now as a part timer. I would not recommend this to any of my friends because of their unbalanced treatment to their associates, such as giving more work hours for their associates that they think are very useful to them the most, and also for not giving people a raise. As you may all know, Sears company is going downhill, in order for them to save their expenses and money they would get rid of some higher position, in fact few days ago they had decided to get rid of about 5 higher positions in our store as well as some of our part timers, which was never expected from us (it would've been me without knowing) which I'm finding it really unfair for all of us here. "This Sears company is not the same company as the people knew from several years ago""

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Falls Church, VA

"Sears is not doing so well, specifically the one in Falls Church where I am currently working at. Just to save their expenses and money they would get rid of the higher position, few days ago they had decided to get rid of about 5 higher positions in our store as well as some other part timers, which was never expected from us and I am finding it unfair for all of us here. As for the scheduling, they have their priorities when it comes to giving out hours to every associate. They would give the most hours for the people they think are useful to them and give very less hours for others. By the way I've been working here in Sears Falls Church for over 7 years now as a part timer. I'm aware of what's going on in Sears but scheduling has to be balanced for everyone."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5