(based on 351 PepsiCo Review Ratings)
"This was a fun and physical job - kept me in shape, and I love chips."
Posted 9 years ago in Phoenix, AZ
PepsiCo Employee

"I've worked for PepsiCo for close to five years and it's been a very positive experience. It is impossible to get bored at PepsiCo, our fast-paced, innovative culture means you'll never do the same thing for too long. I've learned so much in my time here. Beyond the critical experiences you gain, at PepsiCo you are surrounded by smart people who encourage you to bring your A game. Additionally, the perks and benefits are great too -- in the Corp office we have half-day Fridays in the summer and over the holidays."

in Austin, IN

"I have worked for Pepsi for five years, I consider every opportunity to have been a privilege. They are a strong, ethical company and will continue to grow in the industry."

in Oakland, CA

"Great team to work with. Made me feel very welcome when I started."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Jacksonville, FL

"The company offers a wide variaty of opportunities in supply chain and sales operations. The down side is that there are not frequently opportunities for advancement."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
PepsiCo Employee

"I've been employed with Pepsi since 2017. Pepsi is a fortune 500 consumer goods company that offers a variety of products leading the beverage industry. They offer a wide range of positions from production to sales force."

in Cerritos, CA

"I gain knowledge like, • Developed GUI using JavaScript, HTML5, DOM, XHTML, JSX, AJAX, CSS3, jQuery Components in ongoing projects. • Also Worked on Angular4, Angular 6 by consuming Restful web services & Used Angular forms like Template Driven forms and Modern Driven (Reactive) forms to perform form validations both on server and client side. • Developed internal application using Angular4 and Node.JS connecting to SQL Server on the backend. • Created XHTML pages with CSS and the Box Model and created AJAX calls using Angular4 to handle data operations including ordering & filtering. • Worked with Typescript, Written unit test cases with Jasmine and karma and have some experience with Protractor for End to End testing. • Developed backend web services using Node JS and stored dependencies using NPM. • Built responsive website using Bootstrap that fits devices of different visual sizes. • Supporting Integrations team for pre-production and post-production issues and made handled Code Merging that which is contributed by various developers to direct into Development Environment and handle all deployments. • Deployed the JavaScript code using continuous integration tool. • Developed page layouts, navigation and icons with industry best practices and standards when project requirements were lagging. Etc."

in Independence, KY

"Wonderful company. I made many connections while working at Pepsi. The people I worked with felt like my family. The hours and pay scale are very fair."

IT Associate
in Plano, TX

"I worked for PepsiCo since 2000. I have found that it's a great company for career growth and development in various professional fields."

in Winston-Salem, NC

"I've worked for PepsiCo since February 2014; it is a fast-paced supply chain business that is exciting but has its challenges due to demand and competition. It is a very diverse company. I like the company but they treat most employees like numbers; I like working for a company that respects each of its employees regardless of their position, and where one is able to grow and get promoted from within (which is not always the case with PepsiCo)."

in White Plains, NY

"The US market is in turmoil, as thousands of recent layoffs indicate. Soft drinks, sugary drinks, and highly processed snacks are declining rapidly in the US, and that is the primary area Pepsico operates in. The future of the company is highly uncertain. Millennials and Gen Z are rejecting their products. The company is laying off thousands in the US and investing outside the US. Don't be conned by openings and what they tell you in interviews. Openings are likely due to employees who are voluntarily fleeing the company in droves and pursuing roles elsewhere in the tri-state area at more stable CPG companies, such as Unilever, Chobani, Kind, L'Oreal, Henkel, Philips, Dannon, etc. Plenty of other choices. It's a highly unstable, stressful environment, and morale is extremely poor. Don't expect employment longevity here. Laid-off employees are not allowed to provide reviews and speak out, as they will lose their severance if they do so. The company is looking to rapidly automate or outsource many business roles including sales and marketing, plus outsource manufacturing to Mexico. No function seems safe. Sales and stock performance are increasingly reliant on third-world markets and divesting away from the US. The company is betting that it can push unhealthy products onto unwitting third world countries, slowly moving the US out of focus. This is the only thing propping up the stock price. This constantly weighs on your conscious. The company is not being open with both consumers and investors about the detrimental health effects and chemicals of their products/processing, and dishonest about the overall future expectations for the company. Only a matter of time before the SEC and/or FDA catches on and delivers a huge blow. - Elitist executives regularly joke about pushing unhealthy products and habits on households in the US heartland and southern states, and on minorities in cities."

Route Sales Representative
in Fresno, CA

"I left Frito very recently. As of late, the turnover has been growing. The pay structure is pay-for-performance. Basically, it’s 3 checks at base rate and overtime, and the 4th check would be your bonus hopefully. Sales goals are unrealistic and even if met, you will have accounts upset for excessive backstock. Also, this leads to out of dates, which you will get written up for if you exceed your allowance. Also, product that stores don't want is forced to your stores by district sales leaders--and that goes against your unsellables allowance. Many of the DSLs are straight out of college with no work experience, yet they are telling you how to do your job and also take all the credit for any success. Days are at least 12 hours a day with a variable rate of overtime, which is a joke. Too much work and stress just to sell chips. All the company cares about is the bottom line, no matter what. DO NOT APPLY HERE!!"

in Ridgeland, SC

"Frito-Lay is not for everyone, you must be self motivated and have a strong work ethic."

in Gulfport, MS

"One of the worst zones you can work for. The New Orleans zone, strives to harass you at every turn, threaten you, over work you. Find ways to pay you less and less each year. They could care less about your family and able to spend quality time with them. No wonder so many keep quitting. Need a Union so bad!"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
PepsiCo Employee

"I came to this plant in 2013. You can make the money if you put in hours. However promotion is stagnant, as people become lazy and hog the so-called easy jobs. If you can kiss ass and snitch you meet the requirements to get promoted."

in Milford, CT

"Great experience in sales and growing the business."