(based on 559 General Dynamics Review Ratings)
"I've worked for GDIT and GDC4S for a combined total of almost six years. The large organization allows for competitive employee benefits and discounts. They have been flexible with my military reserve training requirements and treated me fairly as an employee."
Posted 7 years ago in Scottsdale, AZ
in Herndon, VA

"GDIT rewards talent with promotion, pay increases, and employment stability. GDIT offers a variety of opportunities, so additional career exposure is offered. The environment is very professional, clean, and conducive to a productive work environment."

Lead Systems Engineer
in Woodbridge, VA

"The company is restructuring and consolidating division. It's moving our segmented organization to Detroit MI. The defense contracting industry as a whole is shrinking."

Service Desk Agent
in Aurora, CO

"GDIT was an Entry Level position for me after retiring from the US Army from 21 years of service. I learned the direction that I wanted to proceed into after working several different positions on the Service Desk."

Manufacturing Engineer
in Lima, OH

"Excellent work environment."

Head of Systems Engineering
in Baltimore, MD

"I enjoyed working with leading technologies, hardworking team and working on projects of national importance. Very meaningful."

in Fort Lewis, WA

"Some contracts are worse than others. This one was not great. The main problem with this position at GDIT was the boss, nightmare to work for if you didn't work hours off the clock and if you generally followed the law. He is your pal till you cross him. Since GDIT wised up and forced him to retire I've heard it has been pretty good down there. I have since changed jobs though."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Senior Manager
in Woodlawn, MD

"Work environment is great and very flexible to employees. I love the culture and support from Higher Management."

Program Manager
in Scottsdale, AZ

"Great company to work for, learned a lot, had great mentors. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in being in government contract business. Great opportunities for career growth. Unfortunately the government business segment is down at this time and it has affected GD. Still, I would go back to GD should an opportunity arise in my new location."

Technical Manager
in Pittsfield, MA

"The company as a whole is very strong, which is quite impressive, especially in the current economy. The work environment and culture is heavily dependent on geographical location of the site."

Staff Engineer
in Scottsdale, AZ

"General Dynamics C4 Systems is a large military contractor. The main Scottsdale location is a large campus of older buildings. The matrix management structure does not create a solid change of responsibility and the culture reflects that. Compensation and benefits are excellent."

in Scottsdale, AZ

"I have worked at GDC4S for 7 years and it started out as a great career move for me. I advanced quickly and enjoyed the challenge of the work. The current project I am on is reducing staff and the opportunities to advance are shriveling up. I prefer to work in a company that will challenge me and give me opportunities to advance."

Senior Program Manager
in Fairfax, VA

"GDIT is a strong company with strong corporate business ethics and focus on customer retention. They are very strong in infrastructural support and service desk but weak in the enterprise applications area. Also, they are not very good in realizing and capitalizing on its employees' capabilities and potential."

Electronics Technician

"General Dynamics IT is a good company for those willing to travel the world and work on war ships."

Senior Electrical Engineer
in Scottsdale, AZ

"General Dynamics is a good company to work for and rewards their employees for their hard work. Employee benefits are very good and salaries are in line with the industry average compensation. At this time the market is soft and the company is going through some down-sizing. No doubt they will recover and once again become a market leader. My co-workers are great to work with and are willing to help each other to succeed."

in Pittsfield, MA

"Great place to start, but not a good long term career."