(based on 566 General Dynamics Review Ratings)
"I've worked for GDIT and GDC4S for a combined total of almost six years. The large organization allows for competitive employee benefits and discounts. They have been flexible with my military reserve training requirements and treated me fairly as an employee."
Posted 6 years ago in Scottsdale, AZ
Senior Software Engineer
in Bay Saint Louis, MS

"I've been working at GDIT for 4 years now and I'm ready for a major change. while the work is challenging enough, the work environment conditions are poor. There are no windows, no cell phones, and very little control over machines at the customer site where I often work."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Washington, DC

"It is a great environment to learn and they give the flexibility to perform your duties. The tele-work is great because you can work from home 3 days a week."

General Dynamics (769)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Intersil (11)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Katecho (5)
in Healdsburg, CA

"The defense industry is wrapped in a very conservative work culture out of necessity. General Dynamics-OTS is not separate from this. It is best imagined as working 10 to 15 years in the past culture-wise."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in New London, CT

"Electric Bot is a company trying harder to appreciate its workforce. Although parking at the New London location is terrible my particular department has a great culture and we all have seem to have a great relationship with both our supervisors and manager. Everyone is open to helping if help is needed."

Average General Dynamics Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Sterling Heights, MI

"I've worked for CSI (General Dynamics) for several months now and all I can say is this is a great company to work for. Leadership really cares and my new fellow employees have been great in welcoming me aboard and help the new person learn the business flow. Don't hesitate to send your resume in."

in Falls Church, VA

"I worked as a Special Investigator with GDIT after they bought out my former employer, CSRA, in 2018. Remote work was great, our team in MI and WI was productive and expectations were clear. I also had a fabulous Field Supervisor. Unfortunately, things fell apart during the summer of 2019. A series of layoffs followed. Many apparent lies were told after each round of layoffs that the worst was over. In late summer, GDIT announced it was pulling out of federal security clearances and everyone on this contract was to be laid off. While it lasted, it was a great job and a good company to work for. The lies told at the end, regarding potential layoffs, the availability of new jobs within the company and even severance pay, nullified all that."

Civil Foreman
in Louisville, KY

"I worked for General Dynamics and along the way, I met a group of guys that were amazing and friendly. Absolutely loved doing the work and having the freedom to go get er done."

in Alexandria, VA

"It was a very good place to work and if it was not for the contract ends I will still be there."

in New London, CT

"OK company. Senior management is clueless on how to compensate and reward good work. If you are a chosen one, it's a great place to work. If not, look elsewhere!"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
HR Manager
in Alexandria, VA

"I've worked overseas for the last 12 years.. a Strong Leader... Willing to do what's best for the company. Loyalty is my watchword..."

General Dynamics Employee

"I’ve worked at NASSCO for 5 years, filling roles in non-production, as well as production. During my tenure, there has been a lot of volatility with contracts, but I’ve been the witness that the company does seek to do what they can to take care of their employees and keep level numbers."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Odon, IN

"GDIT is a worldwide provider of technical expertise supporting the government and others. GDIT not only brings the workforce needed to complete task requirements but selects these employees possessing the experience and talents to perform with exceptional results. GDIT is a great company to work for."

Case Coordinator

"General Dynamics is a very stable and enjoyable place to work remotely. It provides all the tools needed for a person to be successful and a part of a team!"

in New London, CT

"I worked for Electric Boat since 2014, found the compensation quite good, but inter-department communication and support is lacking. Exposure to different types of challenges was unique, but support for these challenges could have been better. Overall, a good experience in 5 years."

Component Engineer
in Groton, CT

"I worked for Electric Boat from June 2010 to October 2018. I found it to be a interesting place to work with work challenges and opportunities for growth."