(based on 97 GEICO Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Geico for the past 3 years. Geico is a strong company with strong ethical values. They truly value their employees and the compensation/ salaries speaks for itself."
Posted 4 years ago in Newport News, VA
in Yonkers, NY

"I’ve worked in many insurance companies in the past, Geico Local Office is one of the best companies I’ve worked for. The energy and motivation given by the managers and the boss are very welcoming and positive."

in Bradenton, FL

"I started with AIG in 2005. They didn’t have a Spanish speaking department so I challenged for two years our V.P. that I could start it. He made sure my team remained number for three months in a row. Then, we began taking calls. It took off so quickly that I was blessed he held me off until we were ready. He gave me the entire department after teaching me what I needed to know."

GEICO (139)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Orange Coast College (10)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is New York Public Library (6)
3.7 Average of All Companies in this Industry (742)
in Bradenton, FL

"GEICO is going through a lot of transition but as a Coach along with other managers, we are handling with ease."

GEICO Employee

"GEICO is an excellent company for those seeking work directly out of college. It is very stable and provides excellent benefits and decent pay. However, the volume of work is not very consistent, and there are some days where I leave not feeling fulfilled in what I do. Work can sometimes be repetitive, and GEICO does not do the best job of allowing employees to explore new avenues and passions."

Average GEICO Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Chevy Chase, MD

"I've worked in the underwriting department at GEICO for a little over a year and a half. The department has made changes recently in an attempt to employ Agile product development but does not abide by basic Agile principles such as letting those closest to a problem come up with the solutions. The work of analysts is only trusted if it complies with management's preconceived notions, undermining their claims that they want us to come up with innovative solutions. Compensation is below market value."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Chevy Chase, MD

"GEICO is a very stable company but car insurance is not a high growth industry and GEICO is very frugal. Don't expect free coffee. That said, the people there are great and again, the job is very stable (almost like government job). It's a nice place to jump-start your career."

in Poway, CA

"I’ve worked for the corporate call center for several years and truly enjoy my job. The company knows call centers can be stressful at times and do their best to maintain a positive work environment. They show employee appreciation in many ways by catering lunches, parties, employee recognition, competitions, etc. The pay is decent and there are multiple opportunities for financial growth and growth within the company. I honestly don’t have anything negative to say about my experiences with the corporate call center."

Insurance Sales Agent
in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked for Geico as an Insurance Sales Agent since July 2018. Geico is an excellent company that is financially stable and provides its employees with affordable healthcare and many perks. Geico paid for my training and licensing and my supervisors and trainers continued to work with me over my career with Geico to provide me with the support and resources I have needed to be successful in my role. Geico is a company where I have always felt secure with my job and I felt even more so, in learning that the company is backed by Berkshire Hathaway. Geico does have very few areas of improvement, it can be very difficult to move on from Sales and get into a role you feel your skills would be more useful. Nonetheless, I would recommend Geico to anyone who is interested in Auto Insurance and serious about taking a major step in their career."

Associate Attorney
in Tampa, FL

"I would recommend GEICO. Good work environment."

Modeling Analyst
in Chevy Chase, MD

"Nice starting point for new graduates. You can essentially learn a lot of practical industrial knowledge and quantitative tools here. Career development and compensation is a little bit below average."

in Indianapolis, IN

"....................................................."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Chevy Chase, MD

"GEICO hired me straight out of college and they offered me a great compensation and benefits package. One of the biggest wow factors is the ability to move around departments and shift career paths especially because I work in the headquarters in Chevy Chase, there are thousands of employees in hundreds of different teams."

Insurance Specialist
in Grand Prairie, TX

"I worked for Geico for 3 years and it was a good company to work for. The compensation was great but I found the culture to be weak and it lacked diversity."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Customer Service Agent
in Lakeland, FL

"I worked for Geico for 4+ years. During my time there I learned about the insurance industry and how it works as well as met a lot of people whether it was over the phone or co-workers I would have not otherwise met, for the most part my experience was pretty good but I would say the most interesting part was some of the customers I had the opportunity of meeting."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Claims Adjuster
in Richardson, TX

"No home and work life balance. People are over stressed and the company caters to drama"