(based on 80 GEICO Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Geico for the past 3 years. Geico is a strong company with strong ethical values. They truly value their employees and the compensation/ salaries speaks for itself."
Posted 3 years ago in Newport News, VA
Data Analyst
in Springfield, VA

"Good company, just not the right culture fit for me personally."

Warehouse Technician
in Washington, DC

"Great company lots of great value people who i learned a lot, and was able to take place in challenging projects."

GEICO (122)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Nicholas Piramal (65)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is New York Public Library (6)
3.7 Average of All Companies in this Industry (691)
in Rockville, MD

"A big company and a lot of employees."

in Katy, TX

"Wish we made more money...very hard work"

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5

Average GEICO Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Chevy Chase, MD

"Great environment and team to work with"

Test Automation Engineer
in Bethesda, MD

"I have worked in Geico in past 2 years."

in Chevy Chase, MD

"You'll get to work with the latest technologies and tools as an IT professional at Geico. The opportunities for growth are there and there is even a track for those interested in leadership positions."

in Carmel, IN

"I started at GEICO the summer of 2018. I went from a Javascript background to a C#/.NET development path. My team is great and we worked on a very exciting project that just went into production recently. However, I want the opportunity to work with more front-end technologies. Additionally, I find the overall culture of the company difficult to deal with at times. I feel like there isn't much of a work/life balance as we have multiple assessments that we have to take in order to get promoted, and the expectation of our task estimates leave almost no room for error."

in Lakeland, FL

"While the pay is great, overall GEICO isn't a right fit for employees who have children or health issues. I was with GEICO for nearly 5 years and was terminated due to me being out sick with no voice. I was told I could make up time so it would not count against me and then the very next day I was told I couldn't. None of the supervisors are on the same page and no matter how they treat you managers and HR don't do anything about it. Instead, I was told that no one is out to get me. I was being told to resign when I called out sick. Geico expects a lot from its employees and gives nothing in return. Most everyone I know either quits or is on anxiety medication just to deal with the job to get the pay. We're supposed to provide excellent customer service but employees get the worst!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Customer Service Specialist
in Tucson, AZ

"Geico always seems to be hiring here in Tucson and from what I read there is high turnover. I interviewed for a Customer Service position, passed the tests etc… when I finally reached the HR Person she had a fakeness about her (can spot a fake smile a mile away). She asked what other jobs I had applied to and I was thinking it was none of her business (Geico needs to change this because it is too intrusive). It really is none of your business. Everything was gong ok until she asked if I had any questions and I mentioned I had pre-scheduled Dr. Appointments which take 6 months to make these days. "A" told me that I would have to re-schedule my appointments due to training restrictions and if I missed training for any reason I would be dropped from the class and would have to start the whole process over. Come on Geico, people have a life and it seems like from what others are saying Life/Work balance are not good at Geico unless you have been there a really long time. I would really re-consider ever applying with Geico, no matter the pay. Life is too short to give up your personal life for any job. I am a little over 50 and I noticed a few other ladies like myself also left with no job offer, so major age discrimination, which of course I know they will deny it, but it is so obvious when I looked around at their current employees."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Getzville, NY

"Geico started off as the best job ever. Licensing is hard but it felt good to push yourself to new limits and learn so much information. It wasn't until training started that you realize what a mistake it was to take this job. During training, they teach you how to speak, what to say, how to answer, and where to find about 40% of the answers to questions you will actually get while on the phones. Then, after 6 weeks, you hit the phones. You are taught to be a robot. Someone who eats, sleeps and breathes only if and when Geico tells you to. You don't even get a day off or a sick day until 6 months on the job. Any day, or minute you are not at work counts against you. They have changed the dependability policy recently but now you must use your 30 minutes of breaks allowed in your 8.5 hour day to go to the bathroom. So once your 30 minutes are up... you are stuck attached to the phones for the rest of your shift. Being someone who already dealt with anxiety, I was forced to leave my job in order to save my own life. I would walk in feeling great about myself and my job, only to be knocked down for not answering the phone the correct way or for leaving someone on hold for 10 seconds longer than allotted. This job is suffocating, micromanaged, depressing, and unbelievably toxic. I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy... UNLESS you are hired on the outside as upper management. Management is the only position at Geico that gets any respect. 0/10 recommended to anyone else."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Adjuster
in Lakeland, FL

"What can I say... absolutely the worst work experience I've ever had. Management doesn't care about you. They say you can't trust a grown man with a faux-hawk. My manager would sit there and be on your side in his office while you spoke to him for an hour or so trying to figure things out or to put out fires, but nothing ever ever ever came out of it. Supervisor would write down when you go to the bathroom, have the team next to you monitor your times that you get up to go to the bathroom behind your back, supervisor was worthless to say the least. And I'm not even mad. It's funny, I went into this job so excited, only about 8 months later feeling embarrassed to ever say I worked there. Anything negative I've read about Geico on this site is 100% true. Don't go to the bathroom, don't take paid holidays, don't take weekends off, don't take breaks, don't take lunch. Your diary will explode! Geico, I don't need you! Go find someone else that will work in our rat race of an office, where the work never ends, which sounds great until you actually have to deal with work that never ends! You'll want to cause bodily harm to someone."

GEICO Employee

"Where do I start? This has been the worst experience I have ever had. I have never been at a job where you work your butt off and still are written up, if you go over your breaks and lunch times it's used against your dependability rating and you are fired if you go under 97%. I'm a single mom and my child gets sick. So I have to take time off. Well because my jerk of a manager decided to take my breaks and lunch overages and count them against me so that I can't call out. This is how they treat hard working mothers? I'm dumbfounded. I was cussed out by my supervisor because I refused to take abuse by another supervisor. I was told I was too sensitive and took her bad attitude the wrong way. Well I'm sorry when I ask for help don't give an attitude, help me instead of acting like a pretentious over entitled jerk. Which is how half the supervisors act. This was the beginning. I decide to shut my mouth about the cussing out I was dished but the supervisor decided to give me every error for CI and quality knowing that it would place me in a performance management warning, then conveniently tell me I have not 60 days to bring it up, but 30. This company cares nothing about their employees. They use and abuse you and find every reason to get rid of you once you question injustice. Please stay away from here. I have filed a complaint with the employment office as well as documented all of this abuse for my unemployment attorney. Horrible horrible company. My family has pulled their insurance from this place and so have I. I would rather pay double the premium than to ever give my hard working money to this sweat shop."

Manager