(based on 110 GEICO Review Ratings)
"I've worked at Geico for the past 3 years. Geico is a strong company with strong ethical values. They truly value their employees and the compensation/ salaries speaks for itself."
Posted 4 years ago in Newport News, VA
Team Leader
in Macon, GA

"I’ve worked for Geico for a little over two years. It’s a great company to grown with, especially if your into business/communications."

in Philadelphia, PA

"I have worked for GEICO for three years, starting as an adjuster and working up to the supervisor level. The expectations are high for each employee that wears the gecko on their polo. The primary goal of helping customers seems to take priority over helping employees though, as the expectations and workload seem to continue to pile up against the same employee’s remarks."

GEICO (152)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Orange Coast College (10)
3.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is New York Public Library (6)
3.7 Average of All Companies in this Industry (767)
Sales Agent
in Richardson, TX

"I’ve worked for GEICO for about 4 years, good company to work for but hard to move up in position."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Software Test Engineer
in Chevy Chase, MD

"It was a great opportunity working in Geico for about two years and the best thing was my supervisor to whom I learned a lot. I feel that time flies and my two years passed so fast. I appreciate the leadership qualities of my boss whose focus was to get the job done in best possible way and to build great relationship in between team members to improve and utilize their best skills."

Average GEICO Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Supervisor

"GEICO is a growing Insurance company, and in my time working there, I have seen it grow to being one of the Top 3 Insurance Companies in the nation. They are a very supportive company with a clear direction for growth for all of the associates. Always ready to help, the leadership at GEICO has pushed me to work hard, and achieve more than I thought I was capable of."

GEICO Employee

"I started working at Geico as a referral from a friend/manager there. He quit within a month of my starting. I was re-assigned to a different manager. Things started out fine then that manager resigned. So, I was re-assigned to a different manager. A pattern began to emerge. All the managers and employees worked until they were 100% vested in the 401k and then quit. I now understand why. It is a toxic work environment that starts at the top and works it's way down. The Lean Six Sigma management methodology is lacking, to say the least. Do not trust that your manager has your best interests at heart. The managers only look out for themselves. And, I found out later, they employ a group whose sole purpose is to deny workers compensation and unemployment. So, if they treat there own employees that way how do you think they treat the customers? If you have any survival mechanism you will jump ship as soon as your manager singles you out otherwise they will financially ruin you while you try to defend your reputation. But, the co-workers are great people. Really, compensation is not bad but they are understaffed and overworked and you better not complain. Even one complaint to the wrong person will get you fired. Basically just do not talk to anybody. Do not trust anybody and keep looking over your shoulder for the guy that is out to get your job. Then you'll be just fine"

in Lakeland, FL

"I worked at GEICO for 9 years in 3 different offices. Turnover at GEICO is TERRIBLE. Why? Because their upper management is a bunch of self-absorbed, entitled, incompetent bigots. Here is what sticks out to me: Buffalo Office: * I was a supervisor in training. * An agent I was coaching called a different supervisor derogatory names because he's gay. * She didn't know, but I'm gay as well. * I tell a member of management about the situation. It gets ignored. * Later, I'm told I cannot interview for a supervisor position even though I was rated #1... which made no sense. * I move because I feel like I'm being discriminated against. Indanopolis Office - The GEICO Indy office wasn't bad. There are a lot of good people there. They promoted me to supervisor and treated me with kindness... it took 5 days. (I'm literally not exaggerating.) Lakeland, FL Office - DO. NOT. WORK. FOR. GEICO. IN. FLORIDA. I quit GEICO in November 2019. Its May 2020, and I'm still upset about how I was treated in this office. Working for this office was the biggest mistake of my life. * My agent told me she disagreed with my lifestyle. * I complained about getting harassed at work on social media... because now this is the SECOND time some idiot thinks its okay to to speak freely about how they're ignorant. * Someone sent my complaint to management... even tho my social media is private. * They demoted me. * My manager tells me he wishes he can fire me... and smiles in my face as he demoted me. (I've finally had enough and call him out to his face.) * I cry and get upset (they took 10k a year away from me and did NOTHING to address my side of the situation.) I have a panic attack in my car. * I try to talk to the AVP to see if anyone has my back. She tells me I'm making her uncomfortable... which... ok... I was crying an upset.... but I wasn't violent or anything. I'm a nice, happy person, usually! AVOID THIS PART OF GEICO. THEY'RE TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!"

in Fredericksburg, VA

"I've worked for GEICO for almost 3 years now. I have found it to be an excellent company with incredible training for new hires.The opportunities are scarce even when told that they are limitless. Unless hired into a leadership program, it is extremely difficult to move up."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Development Representative
in Getzville, NY

"Excellent work environment with room for advancement. I currently work as a management development representative for GEICO. During my time there I attend various leadership trainings and sales seminars in order to properly perform my duties. I conduct sales calls throughout the day selling homeowners, renters, jewelry and identity insurance."

in Colorado Springs, CO

"Great local office in Colorado Springs."

in Richardson, TX

"I have been with GEICO since August of 2019. There exists plenty of room for growth and provides excellent training for company success. Benefits are great."

in Springfield, VA

"Overall a good place to work"

in Yonkers, NY

"I’ve worked in many insurance companies in the past, Geico Local Office is one of the best companies I’ve worked for. The energy and motivation given by the managers and the boss are very welcoming and positive."

in Bradenton, FL

"I started with AIG in 2005. They didn’t have a Spanish speaking department so I challenged for two years our V.P. that I could start it. He made sure my team remained number for three months in a row. Then, we began taking calls. It took off so quickly that I was blessed he held me off until we were ready. He gave me the entire department after teaching me what I needed to know."

in Bradenton, FL

"GEICO is going through a lot of transition but as a Coach along with other managers, we are handling with ease."