(based on 559 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I've worked for this call center for about three months now, and I have to say it is one of the most positive environments I've ever worked in. Everyone here is so helpful and fun to be around. The work itself can get a little stressful but that comes with any job. The work can also be rewarding. Ultimately I'm really happy with where I work."
Posted 4 years ago in Winchester, KY
Amazon.com Employee

"Excellent company to work with. At the forefront of innovation and out of the box thinking."

in Fresno, CA

"I've worked for amazon for almost 2 years now, and the atmosphere is great. great time off benefits, and easy for growth in the company."

Amazon.com (613)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is OSI Consulting (5)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is American Food & Vending (7)
Warehouse Assistant
in Sterling, VA

"Working at Amazon has taught me quite a lot! Being able to have hands-on experience and see how operations work behind the scene is an amazing scene. If walking and heavy lifting in a semi-face paced environment is not your kind of job, then I wouldn't recommend working at your favorite online retailer."

Warehouse and Shipping Worker
in Albuquerque, NM

"Very fun, nice people and learn about products every day."

Average Amazon.com Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Recruiter
in Washington, DC

"I worked at Amazon as a contract recruiter. The culture is amazing with co-workers that feel like family. The work I did was both a challenge and extremely rewarding. I would recommend anyone work there."

Amazon.com Employee

"I've worked in Amazon since 2018 as an SDE. As a fast-paced company, Amazon brings lots of challenges to SDEs, but these challenges help engineers grow. Also, there are many brilliant colleagues and abundant resources you can learn from. I will recommend Amazon as the head starts in your career."

in Gary, IN

"I started Amazon as a delivery associate when the company first opened the delivery site in Gary, IN. The training that Amazon provides is outstanding and far more detailed than many other companies."

Amazon.com Employee

"great place to work. I did work from home and that gave me flexibility to do my work at my own time but also kept me in check because I had to keep my pace up."

Area Manager
in Orlando, FL

"I worked for Amazon for 2 years. I was promoted twice to Area Manager within exactly 1 calendar year so I must have been doing something right. The overall environment of the Fulfillment Centers is very challenging in positive and negative ways. If you value pushing yourself to areas you did not know were possible then you can come out with a positive experience that can be used for any walk of life. However, if I think about the overall experience, I would confidently say that the culture is extremely toxic. There is no better way to say it than just say it. There are way too many people who are in positions of leadership that are insanely under qualified. I had Operations Managers who had no idea how to talk to people. Managers who would sit in an office all day on YouTube and make their supervisors run the shift. The HR representatives (that are remote/not on site) give you ZERO CONFIDENCE when slippery issues arise. They also have a track record of paying external talent INSANELY MORE than associates who were promoted from within. I was making $10-15k less than my fellow managers who were external applicants. You get less stock units and less salary. Everybody talks. The competition revolves around a toxic culture of taking credit for anything and everything as simple as hanging a sign on a door. You absolutely can't just get the numbers and results with this company, you have to be able to play serious politics with a bunch of people who are terrible at their job and are terrible at communicating with other humans. The running joke/theme was you have to play the game of CYA (cover your ass). The micromanaging from Ops is brutal as well. You are a manager yet are rarely trusted to manage without someone hawking over your shoulder. I take everything as a learning experience, I have the right attitude and anything I learned will be used to forward myself and others. Sometimes negative experiences are the most valuable ones."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Grand Rapids, MI

"I've worked for Amazon for over a year and I have found it to be a very flexible company that allows you to grow and learn."

in Kenosha, WI

"A good company to work for but upper management is congested and there is not much of a career path as you move up."

Amazon.com Employee

"The work culture is not something I'd wish to be in for the long run."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Fort Worth, TX

"good environment to work at"

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Warehouse Associate
in Rialto, CA

"I worked at Amazon for 10 months and I was let go due to being a seasonal employee. But the time that I worked there, it was entertaining and tedious at the same time. Get to meet some great co-workers, upper management was relatively easy-going people, but the only part that I did not like were the breaks that they'd give. 15 min breaks were technically only about 10 min since the walk to our stations to the break room was ~2min 15sec long. other than that, it's a good job for what it pays."

in Newark, CA

"Amazon is an ever growing and changing company. They really push you to go try things like new projects or new positions. You definitely work hard, but try to have fun in the process as well."