On average, employees at Amazon.com give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Amazon.com employees are QA Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Senior Buyers with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 251 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Amazon since May 2013. Like any large company it has its quirks, but the leadership is innovative and the opportunities are great."
Posted 4 years ago in Seattle, WA
in Swedesboro, NJ

"This is a great place. Work environment is good. Cafeteria is excellent. Wash rooms are clean. Training was good. Co-workers were excellent. I left because it was a part time job and I want a full time. Bus service from Philadelphia to New Jersey in this location is not good. Weekends SEPTA has no service in that location at noon time. If SEPTA Bus had more frequent service in Logan Township area in NJ, I could stay with Amazon till now."

Stower
in Windsor, CT

"I was recently wrongfully terminated on Friday, January 12, 2018 at the Windsor, Connecticut Amazon Fulfillment Center due to poor productivity which was not my fault. Management would often acknowledge bad freight and I was often given larger products, which was very hard to stow in very pack pods that would often be packed to the max, and the water spiders who gave out the workload would often play favoritism by dividing up the workload unequally and giving their friends or those they are close to all the best mixture of products that made stowing all the more easier to stow. There were times I seen water spiders who stowed pick and choose which products to stow from management and management would oblige their requests. When I was hired back in October - direct hire, I honestly thought this job would be secure with advancement in career but as I worked and received two write-ups for low productivity which was not my fault during peak, due to them having really bad freight PLUS a bad mixture of products to be stowed that took even longer, affecting my rates, and when I asked or told management about this - management would often reassure me that this would not affect my job status or productivity for the week, and in the end I would end up getting written up due to bad productivity. Management was quick to write me up for poor productivity and blame me for low rates or low productivity when in truth it was not even my fault - they would often say one thing reassuring me that my job would not be jeopardize and next day I get written up for the very thing I was worried about - low rates and low productivity for something that was clearly out of my control and related to them, not me (i.e. bad freight, bad mixture of products which was the water spiders fault, etc.) - things that were not even in my own control nor my own fault."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Amazon.com (305)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is OSI Consulting (5)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is AVI Foodsystems (12)
Amazon.com Employee

"I work specifically for the Prime Now program at Amazon, as a fulfillment associate. It's miserable. They lure you in with promises of an open work-schedule with plenty of shifts, to let you work around any other jobs. In practice, all the shifts go to those with the fastest computers, and this is exacerbated by an internal program in which those who already get lots of shifts get early access and free pick of the shifts before anyone else, ensuring that they'll remain on top of the pile forever. If you get unlucky and can't get any shifts that mesh with your schedule for a while, be prepared to start getting warning emails that are frankly kind of ominous and threatening, saying that if you don't respond and somehow reorganize your schedule and take shifts to meet their quota within a very few days, you'll be automatically fired. I got temporarily terminated despite working enough hours to fill the quota, thanks to the automation, had to fight tooth and claw to get back in, and then because it took me so much time to get reinstated... they almost immediately started emailing me again threatening to terminate me. The warehouses are kind of a catastrophe - poorly organized, outdated jokey "morale builder" posters on the walls, and a strong smell of mold in some places. They're difficult to navigate even WITH the scanner you use to pick or stow, and when standards-of-practice change, they won't work with you to train you on the new methodology, so you just have to turn to your fellow employees for help and bumble through. HR is slow to respond when you need help with something, and are the ones responsible for the threatening and unhelpful warning emails anyway, so it's kind of self-defeating, trying to reach out to them. And last but not least, the CEO is an egotist, buying half the town and turning it into his playground for weird quirky architectural media-coverage magnets. I know they treat the higher-ups better, but if you're offered a fulfillment job... run."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"The site was not organized, nor did it have the necessary tools to remove barriers that slow production.There is a big turnaround in associates and management, which led to problems in quality, production and decision making, due to inexperienced new people filling the vacant roles. It took a long time for necessary change to take place."

Average Amazon.com Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Warehouse Associate
in Las Vegas, NV

"Great place to work, friendly staff."

Warehouse Associate
in Baltimore, MD

"After working the sh-- out of me for six months, they decided to terminate me based upon a 26 year old background check."

in Ashburn, VA

"I worked at Amazon for 4 years, ending in January 2016. I enjoyed working with many smart and highly driven people, however the management structure and team likes to burn people out. It is no secret, you need to be wiling to give up a significant portion of your personal life (ie: No Work-Life balance) to be successful at Amazon. They often manage people out if they are not working enough."

Logistic Associate
in Winchester, KY

"I've worked for this call center for about three months now, and I have to say it is one of the most positive environments I've ever worked in. Everyone here is so helpful and fun to be around. The work itself can get a little stressful but that comes with any job. The work can also be rewarding. Ultimately I'm really happy with where I work."

Intern
in Boston, MA
Amazon.com Employee

"Good company to work for."

Amazon.com Employee

"I worked for Amazon for almost 9 years if you add the 2 contract positions I had prior to be hired as a regular employee for 7 years. They are a great company though the balance of work and personal life is skewed heavily in favor of work."

Amazon.com Employee

"Amazon provides an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. The environment is massive and there's no such thing as a boring problem. The down sides come mostly from company culture: frugality will limit the equipment you are issued to do your job to an underpowered laptop and a low end monitor. Most managers I have worked with value and respect their employees up until annual review time when all employees are "stack ranked" and forced into bell curves by job class and level."

Amazon.com Employee

"Really enjoyed summer at Seattle. Amazon is a great company to work with. I had learned a lot from my mentor and co-workers."

Amazon.com Employee

"Good company and good team."

Control Systems Specialist
in Hazleton, PA

"No training for the CSS position or internal working of an amazon FC at all. There was no communications from the Facilities Manager on expectations, duties or direction. I was very disappointed with the position of CSS at Amazon. I liked it but I had no one to lean on and no training. Then they said I wasn't qualified, even when I completed every task they asked of me. I was never addressed on any performance issues in 4.5 months. Found out through text message on my day off that my contract would not be extended."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5