(based on 252 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Amazon Fulfillment since October of 2012. I believe they have a great core of values including those concerning customer orientation and leadership. However, I feel as though management can be vastly improved. I do not feel I am supported by my immediate management. Compensation is rather low for the responsibilities and duties required for my position. I do enjoy working for Amazon but I do not see myself building a strong career within the Fulfillment Center."
Posted 5 years ago in San Bernardino, CA
Warehouse Associate

"Amazon is a very large company, but I feel they got too large too fast in order to be the largest online company ever. The customer is the most important to thing to the company, and they should be. I also feel that that the employee's got lost along the way in all that growing."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Inbound Receiver
in Chattanooga, TN

"I was hired to work as an Inbound receiver in 2011. The work was enjoyable. I wasn't told we were seasonal employees until after the Christmas holiday. When the worked slowed down they let us go. I still receive calls to work during the busy season. I am not looking for temporary work."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
PC Maintenance Technician
in Overland Park, KS

"Amazon.com is a great company to work for and the compensation/benefit package is amazing."

Amazon.com Employee

"This is a great place to work, but it can be difficult to move up."

Systems Engineer

"I have worked with Amazon as a Tier One Support Engineer and provided support to internal teams, as well as, event management and event mitigation of brand impacting events. It was an awesome work environment, with little stress involved. However, there was little to no challenge involved, so some days just dragged on. Overall, I highly recommend Amazon as an employer as the career growth opportunities are limited only by your own ambition."

Technical Support Specialist
in Salem, OR

"I've been working for nearly 2 years with Amazon doing tech support and customer service. I personally have no "issues" with Amazon at all, it's a great place to work. My main issue is that I work from home via VPN and I have no room for advancement in IT. Due to security, IT isn't allowed unless it's onsite, and I can't move to Seattle at this time. I've spoken to my leadership about this transition and they are understanding."

Amazon.com Employee

"Amazon continues to expand rapidly and continues to innovate in the online retail space. Overall I am very pleased with my professional experience being at Amazon. I do caution that it can be difficult to manage a work life balance depending on the level of responsibility in your role."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Senior Web Developer

"Work satisfaction greatly depends on what team you end up in and what management structure is controlling it. If your team is collaborating with staff in India, you'll be expected to attend odd hour phone meetings. Altogether not very much emphasis is put on work-life balance. On the other hand, it can be great career maker to work and have worked for this company. People from all over the world come to work for Amazon, and it's fun to meet them in the common kitchen areas."

in San Bernardino, CA

"It is very good company to start but not for your development in the technology field. Other than that I don't have anything to say about the company."

in Jefferson City, MO

"I just started working here and it seems ok. The work is tedious and fast paced, but not too bad. I wish the starting pay was more than 11.00 per hour."

Amazon.com Employee

"Do not enjoy working at Amazon. "Work hard, have fun, make history", where the latter 2 are works in progress."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Lewisberry, PA

"I worked at PHL5 warehouse in Lewisberry for about 2 months. It was a good job for those 2 months but I couldn't see myself working there day in and day out."

Technical Specialist
in Middletown, DE

"I've worked for Amazon.com. Since 10/12 in less than one year the entire management team has left or been let go. The company admits to the poor management issues but still continues the cycle. There is no consistency whatsoever."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"I've worked here for 2 years and while the technology is great, the management is subpar. Very little room to grow and no direction from management makes it a very frustrating place to work. On the plus side, your co-workers will probably be the smartest people you've ever worked with. It's a great job but can burn you out really fast."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"The organization as a whole is doing okay. The problem lies in that there wasn't a clear mission for the team I was on. This led to a lot of confusion and only by going over my boss's head did I get timely information. There's a "just get it done" mentality - it works sometimes - but not when you're giving conflicting instructions and amorphous goals."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5