(based on 253 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Amazon Fulfillment since October of 2012. I believe they have a great core of values including those concerning customer orientation and leadership. However, I feel as though management can be vastly improved. I do not feel I am supported by my immediate management. Compensation is rather low for the responsibilities and duties required for my position. I do enjoy working for Amazon but I do not see myself building a strong career within the Fulfillment Center."
Posted 6 years ago in San Bernardino, CA
Amazon.com Employee

"The organization as a whole is doing okay. The problem lies in that there wasn't a clear mission for the team I was on. This led to a lot of confusion and only by going over my boss's head did I get timely information. There's a "just get it done" mentality - it works sometimes - but not when you're giving conflicting instructions and amorphous goals."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Engineering Intern

"I did an internship at Amazon during the Fall of 2013 (end of August to late December). My overall experience at Amazon is positive. I was able to learn a lot about myself and where and how I can improve in the future. However the one thing I did not like was the work itself and the support I received during my internship. During my 4 months there, I was plagued with constantly changing requirements. I had almost no support which made completing my job difficult."

Amazon.com Employee

"I've been working at Amazon for almost 1 year. Learning experience is great, is very fast pace and work/life balance is not that good. On call rotations are very stressful."

Amazon.com Employee

"I have worked for Amazon since 2010. While they are the top online retailer in the world and have provided me much valuable experience, I think that they are still using an archaic performance review system that requires leaders to map compensation to a curve. And the workspace is extremely small considering my job level and experience. Amazon is extremely frugal especially considering their success."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"Good company and learning."

Software QA Engineer
in North Reading, MA

"Nice learning environment."

QA Engineer
Software QA Engineer
in North Reading, MA

"I enjoyed what I did. Like to create test cases, create test plan, perform regression test suite used tools."

Amazon.com Employee

"The middle layer of management, from SDM to Director, has a lot of power to do whatever they wish. How you are treated at Amazon depends almost entirely on your manager. With a good manager, you'll do well. With a rotten manager, and there are a lot of them, you'll do poorly. This includes such things as work-life balance, compensation, and advancement.Basic project management guidelines, best practices, and tenets are routinely violated. The lessons of The Mythical Man-Month are lost."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Bellevue, WA

"Amazon is a software, web-development company. The practices and culture fit well for software, web-development. Other technologies are a misfit - Computer Vision, Image Processing or Machine Learning. Work life balance sucks!"

in Brooklyn, NY

"Amazon is a highly competitive atmosphere where no one seems to know what they're competing for. There is no collective goal that everyone is working toward. Teams seems to work in silo with no regard for the impact on tangential teams. Compensation is terrible, and seems that all the smart people end up leaving, and only the ones willing to stay well past the point of what's rational are promoted."

in Remote, OR

"Most of the time I worked remote with AMZN, but since I worked for the first 3-6 months in AMZN data center (unlike corp env.) it was SO different, and it was new to me. But slowly I got adjusted."

Amazon.com Employee

"Extremely good workplace if you get into good team!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"Great company, lots of room for growth."