(based on 253 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Amazon since May 2013. Like any large company it has its quirks, but the leadership is innovative and the opportunities are great."
Posted 6 years ago in Seattle, WA
Retoucher
in Shepherdsville, KY

"All around pretty good work place and environment, need some more challenging work to do. Gets redundant after a while, I like to challenge myself and this isn't getting the job done. Also like helping others and this doesn't cut it."

Amazon.com Employee

"I enjoy my work and would like better work personal life balance. :)"

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Forklift Operator
in Whitestown, IN

"Unwilling to change schedule and overworked for the little bit of pay I was given."

Software Developer

"Amazon was everything I had ever dreamed of as a hobbyist who found his way into the big-time. It was a slice of pie and dreams that I had always wished for in a job; until I was dropped like a rock. Washington is an at-will state for employees but, I had absolutely no indication that I was to be terminated and I was told over the phone by my recruiter versus my boss. To say the least, I am very sad that they let me go because I was contributing a lot of changes to our main code branch."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
Senior Software Development Engineer

"Good. I learnt a lot and made a lot of friends. I'm in demand now."

Software Development Engineering Intern

"It's a good place to work and learn. I learnt a lot. I'm experienced and highly in demand."

UX Design Intern

"I find Amazon to be a strong company to be apart of. As an intern, I was given the opportunity of ownership and responsibility equal to my peers. Although a very large company, they embodied a start up mentality and allowed room for self expression. If given the opportunity, I would recommend the experience."

Vendor Manager

"I have been with Amazon for almost 2 years. It is a great, fast paced company where you can definitely make your own decisions and affect change. It is also a place where it is difficult to manage your work life balance."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"I worked for Amazon as an intern during the summer of 2013. Amazon cares for their employees and has a productive work environment.Depending on the team, the hours can be overwhelming. However, as long as work is getting done, the environment is friendly and relaxed."

Amazon.com Employee

"I enjoyed working at Amazon immensely. I was working with a friend and we did interesting work together that I was uniquely suited for. Given the chance I'd work with her and the company again."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"The company culture is very dynamic and democratic. The only thing I don't like is the utterly confusing Apollo system that they use to install code on an ancient version of RedHat that is installed as a virtual device on your computer. It can sometimes be difficult getting permission to install software that you need to do your job, but it is nowhere near as bad as what Boeing does.."

Amazon.com Employee

"Amazon has matured from just online retailer to a company who has some products very positively accepted by its customers. Company mostly cares for Dev's, not that much for others."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Support You Get 3.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.3 / 5
in Sumner, WA

"It is a great place to work! I have had a wonderful time as an Area Manager and have learned much about the business and myself at the same time."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
in Plainfield, IN

"There are a lot of benefits and drawbacks to this position."

Person You Work For 3.3 / 5 People You Work With 3.3 / 5 Work Setting 3.3 / 5
Product Manager

What do you like about working at Amazon.com?

"The tasks I was doing were enjoyable. I liked the data analysis, the project ownership, and the account management."

"Make sure you are confident in your level of experience and the role you are taking on. It is a self-service company with a lot of ambiguity and conflicting information. Be sure that you are comfortable with what you will be doing."

What don't you like about working at Amazon.com?

"I started out with complete freedom and then began to be micromanaged when I wasn't performing as expected, which was reasonable. However, as a new employee, I feel like my manager should have been checking in with me and reviewing my progress to ensure that I was on the right track. By the time that happened, it was too late to fix in a reasonable time frame."

"The onboarding process was not very good. There was not enough training or support to get on track and be successful."