77 Amazon.com Anonymous Employee Reviews

Browse Amazon.com Reviews by Job Title →
Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"I've worked for Amazon since 2012. This is the company you need to avoid. They treat people with absolute no respect. Office politics everywhere"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Swedesboro, NJ

"This is a great place. Work environment is good. Cafeteria is excellent. Wash rooms are clean. Training was good. Co-workers were excellent. I left because it was a part time job and I want a full time. Bus service from Philadelphia to New Jersey in this location is not good. Weekends SEPTA has no service in that location at noon time. If SEPTA Bus had more frequent service in Logan Township area in NJ, I could stay with Amazon till now."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"I work specifically for the Prime Now program at Amazon, as a fulfillment associate. It's miserable. They lure you in with promises of an open work-schedule with plenty of shifts, to let you work around any other jobs. In practice, all the shifts go to those with the fastest computers, and this is exacerbated by an internal program in which those who already get lots of shifts get early access and free pick of the shifts before anyone else, ensuring that they'll remain on top of the pile forever. If you get unlucky and can't get any shifts that mesh with your schedule for a while, be prepared to start getting warning emails that are frankly kind of ominous and threatening, saying that if you don't respond and somehow reorganize your schedule and take shifts to meet their quota within a very few days, you'll be automatically fired. I got temporarily terminated despite working enough hours to fill the quota, thanks to the automation, had to fight tooth and claw to get back in, and then because it took me so much time to get reinstated... they almost immediately started emailing me again threatening to terminate me. The warehouses are kind of a catastrophe - poorly organized, outdated jokey "morale builder" posters on the walls, and a strong smell of mold in some places. They're difficult to navigate even WITH the scanner you use to pick or stow, and when standards-of-practice change, they won't work with you to train you on the new methodology, so you just have to turn to your fellow employees for help and bumble through. HR is slow to respond when you need help with something, and are the ones responsible for the threatening and unhelpful warning emails anyway, so it's kind of self-defeating, trying to reach out to them. And last but not least, the CEO is an egotist, buying half the town and turning it into his playground for weird quirky architectural media-coverage magnets. I know they treat the higher-ups better, but if you're offered a fulfillment job... run."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"The site was not organized, nor did it have the necessary tools to remove barriers that slow production.There is a big turnaround in associates and management, which led to problems in quality, production and decision making, due to inexperienced new people filling the vacant roles. It took a long time for necessary change to take place."

in Ashburn, VA

"I worked at Amazon for 4 years, ending in January 2016. I enjoyed working with many smart and highly driven people, however the management structure and team likes to burn people out. It is no secret, you need to be wiling to give up a significant portion of your personal life (ie: No Work-Life balance) to be successful at Amazon. They often manage people out if they are not working enough."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"Good company to work for."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"I worked for Amazon for almost 9 years if you add the 2 contract positions I had prior to be hired as a regular employee for 7 years. They are a great company though the balance of work and personal life is skewed heavily in favor of work."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"Amazon provides an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. The environment is massive and there's no such thing as a boring problem. The down sides come mostly from company culture: frugality will limit the equipment you are issued to do your job to an underpowered laptop and a low end monitor. Most managers I have worked with value and respect their employees up until annual review time when all employees are "stack ranked" and forced into bell curves by job class and level."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"Really enjoyed summer at Seattle. Amazon is a great company to work with. I had learned a lot from my mentor and co-workers."

Amazon.com Anonymous Employee

"Good company and good team."