(based on 252 Amazon.com Review Ratings)
"I've worked for this call center for about three months now, and I have to say it is one of the most positive environments I've ever worked in. Everyone here is so helpful and fun to be around. The work itself can get a little stressful but that comes with any job. The work can also be rewarding. Ultimately I'm really happy with where I work."
Posted 3 years ago in Winchester, KY
Amazon.com Employee

"Amazon has strong vision for future consumer business. Employees at Amazon are very competitive and may be tough for new mom due to lack of work-life balance. If you are willing to spend many hours, you will be successful."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Data Consultant
in Indianapolis, IN

"Amazon is the top most online retailer. It is one of the top most companies of the world."

"Great learning experience."

in Charleston, TN

"I worked for Amazon for 1 year and found the experience challenging physically but not mentally. Although, if I needed a job quickly to fill a gap in employment I would go there again."

Amazon.com Employee

"Good experience. Got to learn a lot! Manager was not good."

Warehouse Worker
in San Bernardino, CA

"Doing work there for about 2 years and have enjoyed my time there, fast pace challenging and engaging the staff and management provide a smooth work environment that allowed me the chance to work and experience what its like to be apart of a team working hard to ensure products are delivered to there customers on time."

in Lexington, KY

"Amazon Jr IT support is a good starting place for an IT career in the corporate world. However, you end up starting as a Tier 3, which the pay range starts at 12.00 - 15.00. In order to move past that you must become a Sr IT. There are a variety of Tier 3 employees and many do not have skills like the IT dept has. Jr IT is a good stepping stone but from perspective of having a trade, it's almost insulting to be getting paid the same as someone who doesn't have a skill."

in Springfield, VA

"If you want to be a robot, and do what you are told, this is the place for you. If you are looking to grow and advance your career, it all depends on your supervisor. Customer Support is the bottom of the food chain, so the experience is very different from other positions."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"I've worked with Amazon for over 2.5 years, and overall the company is a wonderful company to work for. I have only two negative things to say: work/life balance is extremely poor compared to other companies I've worked for, and compensation is much less than equivalent roles I've had in other companies."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"A good place to start and grow. Well organized as you would expect. Technology culture for software developers - there are weekly presentations, discussions, mailing lists, etc. Politics exist as in any office."

in North Charleston, SC

"They chewed me up and spat me out when I was used up. Do not work for them. I was a developer, a tester, tech support, and maintenance, for one low salary."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Amazon.com Employee

"Worked for Amazon for 2 years. Found that hardly anything in the Digital Products software org is planned. Everything is always a fire.Great that you get ownership over your own areas, but at the same time there are not enough people, and there are well embedded old-timers that are hard stuck to make change.Amazon only has about 2% of their employees in top IC roles, not a well balanced curve so you compete with everyone as the level band is also very wide. You need a number of executive level people in different disciplines to champion your promotion (not feedback from your peers or direct managers)."

in Charleston, SC

"While working for Amazon, there's this constant pressure to work as if you are a tier above your current role. You have to do BIG things in order to get noticed. You will not get noticed if it doesn't also make your superiors look good. Anyone (even superiors you trust) will stab you in the back if it makes them look good. There's no sense of team, everyone's a "leader"."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Herndon, VA

"With AWS you learn a lot and are with very talented workers. Sadly, AWS does not reward its employees as good as other companies. Your salary and benefits are at par with other large companies. We are geographically separated from the headquarters and feel that we are not involved with the AWS or don't have access to the technical resources as easily as others in the headquarters."

Graphic Designer

"I’ve worked for Amazon phx6 warehouse since 2010. Amazon.com started as an online bookstore, but soon diversified, selling DVDs, VHSs, CDs, video and MP3 downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. The company was founded in 1994, spurred by what Bezos called his "regret minimization framework", which described his efforts to fend off any regrets for not participating sooner in the Internet business boom during that time."