On average, employees at ADP give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest ADP employees are Senior Field Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Executive Assistants also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 239 ADP Review Ratings)
"ADP Dealer Services has been a great place to work. The tools to do our jobs are frequently upgraded to let us supply and support our clients in the best way. Working from home is also possible with the right equipment!"
Posted 3 years ago
Benefits Specialist
in Augusta, GA

"They paint a pretty picture, middle management is over worked and processes are unclear with no accountability. Document everything you do. Augusta managers will throw you under the bus and not blink. Assigned too much work, impossible to deliver quality service. Don't drink the red kool aide!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Security Analyst
in San Dimas, CA

"I've been with ADP for almost 7 years. Great company to work, friendly people and relaxed atmosphere. Every associate is well taken care off and the company always promote health activities for the well being of everyone."

ADP (460)

4.2 Highest Rated in this Industry is Jackson Hewitt (69)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is alliantgroup (7)
in Alpharetta, GA

"I've been working for ADP for nearly 10 years now... It's a very nice place to work."

in Jacksonville, FL

"When I started in ADP back in 2008, the company was based on the concept of happy employees make happy clients. Right around that same year the economy went bad. Since, then it's gone to a bottom line company. How much work they can squeeze out of their salaried employees for how little pay. As soon as I was hired the bonuses were suspended. When they came back the percentage was cut in half. Salaried employees typically work around 50 hours per week. We often work on the weekend and with very little notice, I had to work this past Thanksgiving. They talk so much about employee retention, because they know it's a big problem. Once you have been there for 5 years, it's time to move on and most people do. You have nowhere to go from there. This causes all of the talent to walk out the door and they do nothing about it. In the grand scheme of things, I would rate it as a 'fair' company, but only because recently they seem to be slowly going back to the right direction."

Average ADP Ratings in the Past 4 Years

ADP Employee

"Great company and hardworking people."

in Woodland Hills, CA

"ADP was and still is one of the best employer stepping stones in the world. They instilled a work ethic, time management, and personal accountability that is unmatched. That said, after 3 years of driving 3000 miles per month for client meetings and the distance of the office from Santa Barbara, it did not allow for much work and life balance as an unmarried man. My manager at the time was a slave driver. Nothing was ever enough and I was one that always aimed to please. He would call and email all hours of the day and on weekends which ultimately lead to acid reflux. This could have been avoided as I was always 200% of quota. I was eventually recruited out to an "ankle biter" that offered a higher salary and my own management office but in comparison the product was not apples to apples. That said, quitting ADP and jumping ship on my resume was possibly the worst mistake of my life."

in Portland, OR

"Extremely structured with a significant lack of innovation effort. Management trust is zero and complacency has infiltrated much of the organization. Salaries are not competitive and fall short of attracting qualified individual talent."

in Allentown, PA

"It is a great company to work for."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Alpharetta, GA

"I have worked for ADP for almost seven years now. I have found it to be a company that values its employees and offers upward mobility for hard workers."

in Hoffman Estates, IL

"I worked for ADP for 14 years and enjoyed most of them. Until there was a management change in my department and I was let go, then I didn't like it so much."

in Alpharetta, GA

"I worked for ADP a total of 5 years. My experience with the company was that the employee retention was high but not necessarily for the right reasons. I feel long term employees have become resistant to change and complacent. I feel employee retention should come from motivating, developing, and rewarding excellent work."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Client Support Specialist
in La Palma, CA

"I have been at ADP for about a year. It is a great company to work for. They are all about stellar service and making sure our clients are satisfied."

in Florham Park, NJ

"ADP is a good company with a lot of great people working there. Once you are there you will like it."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
ADP Employee

"I have worked at ADP for 7 years technically, but was part of an acquisition over 4 years ago. It is a very large company and therefore very secure. It is a great place to be if you just want to collect a paycheck and go home at 5 pm. The culture actually supports this type of environment/thinking.So therefore the downside is that if you want to make difference, are driven to change and impact markets, this is not the place for you. The prevalent attitude is 'this is the way things have always been done' so it's hard to move the needle. Most of the employees have been there for over 10 years or it has been the only place they have ever worked... so they don't know anything else. This environment stifles innovation and promotes indecisiveness."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Roseland, NJ

"I've worked for ADP for three years. The company is solid, but the IT group is showing some growing pains."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5