(based on 489 Verizon Wireless Review Ratings)
"I have been working for Verizon who is a believer that Integrity is the core of who we are as one of its core values. Currently named as the top 15th of the Fortune 500 companies that handles IT infrastructure, wireline, customer services, sales and networks all over United States."
Posted 4 years ago in Cary, NC
Verizon Wireless Employee

"Honestly, I was beyond excited to work in mobile sales. I’ve always been good with phones and helping people. But this job doesn’t care about helping people. I’m still employed, but here’s a break down. My managers are amazing, I love them. Except one. He was promoted because he made numbers and not because he was a good person. He puts me down for not being able to sell certain things, dismisses my successes as not good enough because they’re not up to “company standard.” If you don’t sell accessories, they will shun you. They basically want you to sell things and force them to buy what the customer doesn’t want and if they return something, the employees are penalized and must sell twice as much because of what we were FORCED to do. My team mates are great and I love helping people. But they encourage me not to help people, only sell. This job is only numbers. No matter how hard you push yourself, they won’t care. My manager (one of them, the others are amazing), yells at me every time he’s mad at something. Instead of giving me support he insults. There’s a difference between pushing someone because you’re angry and pushing someone because you believe in them. Super unprofessional. I just wish they’d choose management because of their people skills and not numbers. Just because someone makes numbers doesn’t mean they can manage others. Oh, we also have to work through sickness, family issues. They don’t care. If they were better at picking management I’d give the job a higher rating. We’re also encouraged to lie to people to make sales. “It’s included for free.” LMAO, not. It charges them. Verizon needs to do better. Way better. Because my manager made me feel so suicidal today and I haven’t felt that way in so long since therapy. But he tore me for everything. Going to my GM tomorrow for a transfer if that manager isn’t transferred. Which he won’t be. They value management over employees. Stay away please. I spent all day crying. Look elsewhere!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Verizon Wireless Employee

"Departments and roles within departments are highly silo'd. Work roles are very narrow, but often high volume within that role. You won't gain a broad experience in comparison to working at a smaller company. Annual merit increases are paltry despite the effort you put in and results you achieve, and company has not been meeting bonus targets lately. Some managers are awesome, some not so much. Your experience will vary greatly. The managers' personality and style make all the difference. Don't make this your first choice."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Verizon Wireless (954)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I began as a contractor and was offered a full time role after a few months. No hesitation to join! Culture on my team is excellent, smart people, positive and fast paced environment. Benefits are excellent."

in Walnut Creek, CA

"OK to work."

Average Verizon Wireless Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Senior Systems Engineer

"I worked in Verizon Wireless from 2009."

Operations Specialist
in Kansas City, MO

"I've worked for Verizon Wireless for 4 years. Working in the store brings its own challenges, little work life balance, stress of working with rude customers and uncaring management. But for every con VZW offers a concession, plenty of time off -- new hires start with 10 vacation days and 7 personal days, day 1 -- the best health insurance that anyone could offer, tuition reimbursement and a tendency to promote from within."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"Strong brand name, but a company in constant flux."

Consultant
in Southfield, MI

"I loved working for these people. Although I worked remotely from home, I nevertheless formed a close personal relationship with the people I worked with (with the help of occasional face-to-face meetings). Very professional. I was given a lot of independence. I'd work for them again in a heartbeat. For "The ability to improve and move up" I have marked "average" because this was a consulting position that had a hard limit of 36 months according to company policy. When it ended, there was no permanent position available in the same group. I would have gladly stayed if allowed to."

Test Lead
in Orangeburg, NY

"I am working with MTAS team and team is really very good and supportive. Work environment is really good."

Wireless Consultant
in Birmingham, AL

"Great. This job was a great experience and I learned a lot."

in Portland, OR

"Verizon Wireless is an outstanding company to work for."

in Colorado Springs, CO

"Great company. Very diverse in jobs and people. Professionals everywhere with great benefits and pay. The college benefits are very good and the company is very oriented towards getting employees trained."

in Walnut Creek, CA

"After 2.5 years of work at Verizon I can safely say, that as an engineer the work is very relaxed, and you have great flexibility and freedom to achieve work goals."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"I worked here for 2 1/2. years. Over time the growth in the company has been amazing."

in Portland, OR

"Solid stability. Limited advancement."