(based on 496 Verizon Wireless Review Ratings)
"Verizon Wireless is a GREAT company to work for as a complete career path. You will be truly valued as an employee allowing your voice to be heard with respect. Leadership team is supportive from top to bottom. I would love to gain employment with the Atlanta team after having to relocate personally."
Posted 6 years ago in Anniston, AL
in Alpharetta, GA

"I worked for Verizon Wireless from 2003 to 2019. This was an amazing company to work. The opportunities for career progression were always available. The compensation and benefits packages were well above average. I worked for some outstanding managers that put me in position to succeed."

Coordinator
in Franklin, TN

"Very good company and just needs more structure in everyone being on the same page in helping their peers in being able to move up the ladder with better knowledge in their job function."

Verizon Wireless (961)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Verizon IT is a great place to work as they allow you to grow your knowledge of different languages and you get to learn a lot of new technologies."

in Warren, NJ

"good place to work in wireless domain"

Average Verizon Wireless Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Richardson, TX

"A great place to work for a short time."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Warren, NJ

"I have worked at Verizon wireless as a Front End Developer since May 2016. The work environment is quite good and there is transparency in the exchange of ideas."

Project Consultant
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I was employed by Verizon Wireless for 20 years. They gave me the opportunity to earn the respect of others as I moved my way up in the company, cross training in many job functions. VZW was great to work for although went through corporate downsizing."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"Honestly, I was beyond excited to work in mobile sales. I’ve always been good with phones and helping people. But this job doesn’t care about helping people. I’m still employed, but here’s a break down. My managers are amazing, I love them. Except one. He was promoted because he made numbers and not because he was a good person. He puts me down for not being able to sell certain things, dismisses my successes as not good enough because they’re not up to “company standard.” If you don’t sell accessories, they will shun you. They basically want you to sell things and force them to buy what the customer doesn’t want and if they return something, the employees are penalized and must sell twice as much because of what we were FORCED to do. My team mates are great and I love helping people. But they encourage me not to help people, only sell. This job is only numbers. No matter how hard you push yourself, they won’t care. My manager (one of them, the others are amazing), yells at me every time he’s mad at something. Instead of giving me support he insults. There’s a difference between pushing someone because you’re angry and pushing someone because you believe in them. Super unprofessional. I just wish they’d choose management because of their people skills and not numbers. Just because someone makes numbers doesn’t mean they can manage others. Oh, we also have to work through sickness, family issues. They don’t care. If they were better at picking management I’d give the job a higher rating. We’re also encouraged to lie to people to make sales. “It’s included for free.” LMAO, not. It charges them. Verizon needs to do better. Way better. Because my manager made me feel so suicidal today and I haven’t felt that way in so long since therapy. But he tore me for everything. Going to my GM tomorrow for a transfer if that manager isn’t transferred. Which he won’t be. They value management over employees. Stay away please. I spent all day crying. Look elsewhere!"

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Verizon Wireless Employee

"Departments and roles within departments are highly silo'd. Work roles are very narrow, but often high volume within that role. You won't gain a broad experience in comparison to working at a smaller company. Annual merit increases are paltry despite the effort you put in and results you achieve, and company has not been meeting bonus targets lately. Some managers are awesome, some not so much. Your experience will vary greatly. The managers' personality and style make all the difference. Don't make this your first choice."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I began as a contractor and was offered a full time role after a few months. No hesitation to join! Culture on my team is excellent, smart people, positive and fast paced environment. Benefits are excellent."

in Walnut Creek, CA

"OK to work."

Senior Systems Engineer

"I worked in Verizon Wireless from 2009."

Operations Specialist
in Kansas City, MO

"I've worked for Verizon Wireless for 4 years. Working in the store brings its own challenges, little work life balance, stress of working with rude customers and uncaring management. But for every con VZW offers a concession, plenty of time off -- new hires start with 10 vacation days and 7 personal days, day 1 -- the best health insurance that anyone could offer, tuition reimbursement and a tendency to promote from within."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"Strong brand name, but a company in constant flux."

Consultant
in Southfield, MI

"I loved working for these people. Although I worked remotely from home, I nevertheless formed a close personal relationship with the people I worked with (with the help of occasional face-to-face meetings). Very professional. I was given a lot of independence. I'd work for them again in a heartbeat. For "The ability to improve and move up" I have marked "average" because this was a consulting position that had a hard limit of 36 months according to company policy. When it ended, there was no permanent position available in the same group. I would have gladly stayed if allowed to."