(based on 496 Verizon Wireless Review Ratings)
"After 2.5 years of work at Verizon I can safely say, that as an engineer the work is very relaxed, and you have great flexibility and freedom to achieve work goals."
Posted 5 years ago in Walnut Creek, CA
Verizon Wireless Employee

"I worked at Verizon and it was a great experience overall. The campus could use some heavy renovation and better tools could be provided to developers but the people were great to work with."

Sales Operations Specialist
in Las Vegas, NV

"It was a pleasure to work for this company. They however eliminated the non commission positions in many locations."

Junior QA Tester
in Silver Spring, MD

"Verizon is a good company to work for."

in Costa Mesa, CA

"I wish that the company would be more open to motivating their employees to sell instead of strictly following a tested and proven technique that doesn't work for everybody. Sales is different in every customer."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Alpharetta, GA

"I worked for Verizon Wireless for 15+ years. They are a strong company with an exceptional focus on customer satisfaction. They invest substantially into the technology needed to provide the best service and product possible. They are very employee focused and offer a large range of benefits to ensure employee satisfaction."

in Raleigh, NC

"Pays you very well as compared to a lot of companies in the same business, but they will exact a toll on your life in return."

in Wilmington, MA

"As one of the leading companies in the world, VZW's ability to tout strong results while manipulating sales compensation is frustrating and insulting to those who are selling their services. The expectations are high and moving up is more about internal politics and straight numbers than an ability to lead others."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Torrance, CA

"The entire goal of Verizon is to make reps shove extremely expensive accessories down customer's throats. The pressure is so intense that you wind up either annoying the customer or making enemies because we are required to push accessories forcefully rather than just offering them. Each cell phone is required to have a $100 dollar accessory attachment rate and what we are required to do for 8 hours every day is sell accessories. Verizon is a horrible greedy company and I do not recommend it."

in Alpharetta, GA

"Great for time employees. Would not recommend for contractors due to instability. They make sure you know you are not so much part of the team but just another resource for them to utilize. If you understand this going in you will be fine."

Network Engineer
in Cary, NC

"Since early 2000, now Verizon, has been the source of my financial existence. We have not been compensated nowhere near the standard means for this career in this area. We've seen CEO made to step down cause of wrong doings, but leaving with a multI million dollar severance. While the rest of us make do with our minute salaries. I would like to see a very profitable company like Verizon supply all their employees with free mobile devices (of their choice) every 2 years with unlimited talk, text and data usage. It's sad to see how many of us who have phones on other carriers and we work for Verizon. That to me, speaks volume. I think loyalty is a lost art form."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Customer Service Representative
in Little Rock, AR

"I would say working for Verizon has been very good. The people that I work with are awesome. I am a person who loves to be challenged and that I don't get at Verizon."

Communications Technician
in Westwood, NJ

"I have worked for Verizon for 25 years . Over the 25 years the company has given me the opportunity to provide a comfortable lifestyle for me and my family. Verizon was a very family oriented company years ago. Time has passed and so has the competitive environment which has led a Utility Company to become a Business only concerned with record breaking profits . Understandably. Ten years ago the Company spent billions on a fiber infrastructure."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Sales Manager
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Supervisors have challenging goals and the less experienced managers are not well prepared to handle the pressure, which means, they are not always capable or kind to employees. VZW gives tons of training on various tools, but should train Managers how to coach and develop their employees."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Incident Response Team Lead
in Ashburn, VA

"MSS with Verizon Business, at times is more interested in profit than security. Information Assurance for DoD customers is balanced with providing support for at times six to seven other commercial or federal customers from the same pool of employees. Very few dedicated staff, instead share resources that are overworked are expected to provide support, and the level of support is low, as these shared resources know, if they mess up they can just go back to supporting their commercial customer and have less work for them to have to do. Smoke and mirrors comes to mind, in regards to what we hide from our customers, who think everything is just fine."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
IT Manager
in Edison, NJ

"I am working in Verizon from the past 13 + years, it is a best company."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5