(based on 496 Verizon Wireless Review Ratings)
"After retiring from Verizon after 26.5 years, they contacted me for help with a data engineering problem and kept me on for the full length of the corporate guidelines would allow. The people I worked with and the respect given me by upper management were the primary drivers behind my remaining past the initial 60 day period of my contract."
Posted 6 years ago in Newbury Park, CA
QA Lead
in Pleasanton, CA

"Satisfied with overall company satisfaction."

in Wallingford, CT

"Verizon Wireless does well in taking care of its employees. On the other side of the coin, job demands increase rapidly while compensation does not. Employees are not given enough resources to keep up with changes in the industry and the changes of the consumer and corporate demands. I would recommend the company to someone looking for employment. It's a good learning experience."

Senior IT Developer
in San Antonio, TX

"It was a good place to work in some respects, as they had good benefits, but the bane of many a large company existed, eternal fingerpointing between groups, doing everything they could to avoid blame instead of doing true root cause analysis of issues."

in Avon, MA

"Good company to start, but if you do not have inside connections you won't move up."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
ASP.NET Developer
in Newbury Park, CA

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Massena, NY

"A good company to work for, the compensation has reduced significantly in the two years I have worked here and the company blames it on Verizon Wireless, but many things that we used to be paid for we no longer are. The company is getting the income from Verizon but it isn't being passed down the chain."

Retail Sales Representative
in Bloomington, IL

"I've been in retail sales for over 6 years with Verizon Wireless. I am ready for new opportunities outside of retail."

Local Manager
in Victorville, CA

"I have six year's experience as Manager with Verizon Business, managing budget, safety and quality production. I was personally in charge of 17 technicians and oversaw three different yards. I am looking to start a new career with a great company."

Customer Service Advocate
in Columbia, SC

"I have worked for Verizon Wireless for going on 4 years I am still taking calls as my daily responsibility. Verizon advertises as promoting within and easy to move up, but the process is very lengthy and few and far between."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Been here almost 2 years and it is typical of corporate America - so please come in with that clearly in your minds. There are many, many, many levels and layers, and if you are one that fits snugly into this type of environment and will do until you retire - WELCOME aboard! If not, it's a great place to see the US from a carrier's perspective and feel like you're the most wanted in a good way, BUT it is a corporation and you should plan your exit strategy early rather than late. Good luck!"

Retail Sales Manager
in Edmond, OK

"I've worked for Verizon Wireless since 2009. I found it to be a challenging, fast paced job with rapid advancement opportunities. I feel that certain areas lack integrity but generally there are excellent training programs that they allow their employees to take. The company has 100,000+ employees."

in Chandler, AZ

"I've worked for Verizon for a total of 12 years. The first time I worked with them it was for 10 years in the Indirect channel. The position I held at this time was the SW Regional Merchandise manager covering the SW region. I was laid off from this position in 2010. Came back to the company in 2012 as a customer care representative shortly after that I moved the Coordinator Tech support. Over all I see that if you want a career in a call center then this is a great company to work with....."

Manager
in Staten Island, NY

"I started with Verizon Wireless since 3 years and was rapidly promoted to management after proving myself and having advanced results that put me on the right path for promotion. I have excellent business relationships with my co-workers that I enjoy working with every day. I love the way the company develops its crew and maintaining the premier market place and network superiority that give us the motivation to be better every single day."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"Big Company, great benefits, people are treacherous, entrenched, work spaces are toxic. This is a very type x company but not in a disciplined way. It stifles innovation and is not personality diverse."

Person You Work For 4.3 / 5 People You Work With 4.3 / 5 Work Setting 4.3 / 5
Support You Get 4.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4.3 / 5
in Rye Brook, NY

"Verizon is a great company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone. The would join them on a full time basis if they had any opening in my field."