1,021 Verizon Wireless Reviews

Browse Verizon Wireless Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 556 Verizon Wireless Review Ratings)
"After retiring from Verizon after 26.5 years, they contacted me for help with a data engineering problem and kept me on for the full length of the corporate guidelines would allow. The people I worked with and the respect given me by upper management were the primary drivers behind my remaining past the initial 60 day period of my contract."
Posted 7 years ago in Newbury Park, CA
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"The pay and benefits are competitive. There is no work/life balance in retail. Very cut-throat environment. As far as promotions, it is all about who you know, and who likes you that week. There is a lot of training, and if you take the time to do it you will learn a lot."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Clinton, MD

"The job is not bad. It just needs improvement on time off and better pay structure. It does not make sense to be on a commission based salary but the company does not show emphasis on things that can make the sales rep more money."

in Basking Ridge, NJ

"I've worked for Verizon Wireless for 2.5 years now. Company offers good benefits, with a great work environment."

Manager
in Basking Ridge, NJ

"Just over 3 years with the company. Excellent benefits and you are well supported in many ways. It is a huge organisation with a lot of moving parts - 176,800 employees as of 2013. Great people and lots of opportunities to be in very different parts of the company working from wireline, wireless to enterprise solutions."

in Alpharetta, GA

"Great company to work for."

in Nashua, NH

"The overall company is very good, and will continue to be successful. The reason I left was because of the huge attrition rate of sales staff, and because a huge level of micromanagement from above developed."

in Euless, TX

"Great company to work for. Plenty of access to training, bonuses, and promotions."

Technical Support Specialist
in Alpharetta, GA
Senior Sales Engineer
in Ashburn, VA

"Verizon is a good company to gain a detailed understanding of many products and is a very solid company. Verizon has very talented technical people. The main issues they have is with service delivery and they are very aggressive in making changes to improve the organization."

in Daytona Beach, FL

"There is always room to make your company better but Verizon narrows that gap. They have taken pride in taking care of their employees. I have always enjoyed working in this company."

Verizon Wireless Employee

"I started at Cellular Sales a few months ago and I do very well. My only issues is it is only commission but they do not pay out commission until 4 months later. If a customer disconnects their service in 6 months then we have to pay what the retail price of the phones we sold them although we only got between $30.00-$100.00 in commission."

Intern
in Orangeburg, NY

"Working at Verizon Wireless as an intern was a great experience because it let me really practice all the skills I developed during the regular semester at my university. All my colleagues were very supportive and my manager was very easy going and willing to help me with anything that i needed. Great company, great benefits, and great place to work!"

Associate Network Technician
in Bedminster, NJ

"Verizon Wireless is very structured. They measure everything. The only thing that matters is Ticket Count, Average Handle Time. Training is fairly good. The tools are amazing. However the culture is a little off for me. Whenever you go out, you have to be aware of how you are making the "company" look. You are either all in or you are out. They have propaganda piped in on video screens 24X7. I did for a year but I could not stand it."

in Bedminster, NJ

"The legal department is very rude"

in Orangeburg, NY

"Great job for someone who is energetic and ready to do a lot of overtime. Full benefits from day 1. Must be quick on your feet and there is a high learning curve. Everyone is super respectful and coworkers fantastic but be ready for the boiler room."