1,645 United States Navy Reviews

Browse United States Navy Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 1042 United States Navy Review Ratings)
"Navy Recruiting District Los Angeles is a great place to work. The level of professionalism is high and the staff genuinely cares for one another. Each department works as a cohesive unit to bring high-quality men and women into the Navy. I would recommend working for NRD LA highly."
Posted 6 years ago in El Segundo, CA
Aviation Structural Mechanic
in Oak Harbor, WA

"I have worked for the United States Navy since June 15, 2015. The Navy has a lot of potential and always completes the mission. The people of the Navy handle stress very well and the leadership helps guide people to success. The Navy consists of less than one percent of America's population."

Director of Talent Acquisition
in Stafford Springs, CT

"It's a great place to work"

in Jacksonville, FL

"This is a great place to work. While experiences may vary depending on the work center location, it is easy to change to what works for you. This company gives you the ability to see the world and make a positive impact. I highly recommend this place."

in Goose Creek, SC

"I have been part of the US Navy and the nuclear propulsion program for 24 years. Challenging environment with a strong supporting cast is what I enjoyed the most. The ability to work in a team atmosphere in dynamic, high-stress situations is a prerequisite."

Average United States Navy Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Scientist
in Dahlgren, VA

"I've worked for NSWCDD since 2016 and I have enjoyed all of it. Working for the government, you get out what you put into it. I have enjoyed the freedom to pursue leadership opportunities and gain valuable technical experience!"

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Annapolis, MD

"I've worked for the Navy for 4 years and was miserable for half of them. As a female, i was always outnumbered and have seen numerous important issues completely swept under the rug, simply for the preservation of the leaders responsible. Please watch your back. stand up for what you believe in. and try your hardest to not allow the military to turn you into a jaded and disgruntled worker."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Bremerton, WA

"I enjoyed my time at PSNS. The people I worked with were very helpful in my development. The pay for new engineers is a bit low compared to industry standards. Good benefits though and lots of opportunities for overtime and travel."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Petty Officer
in Jacksonville, FL

"My tenure with the U.S. Navy was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I acquired more skills and competencies there than I could have with any other employer. More importantly, I learned to utilize all of my potential with any task I was assigned. I would recommend the Navy to any inexperienced youth in search of professional development."

Procurement Manager
in Lemoore, CA

"Working for the military is great. There are so many benefits that out weigh the negatives. Lemoore is in the middle of nowhere kind of. The Military has decent pay but the stress is also a major negative. really think about if you want to devote 4 years of your life to it."

Petty Officer
in Jacksonville, FL

"I worked for the U.S. Navy for 8 years. In that time I gained profound insight into corporate culture, personal accountability, resiliency, and determination. It was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will never forget. Simply put, it was the best 8 year investment I will ever make."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Fort Worth, TX

"Great place and work environment"

in Norco, CA

"I've worked with NSWC Corona since September of 2017. It is a fantastic place to get started in your Engineering career. The workforce is extremely friendly and you get to collaborate with interdisciplinary teams very often. The schedule is one of the most flexible that you'll be able to find in the engineering world, and the benefits are hard to beat too. I'd say the only downside is the limitations on upward mobility after a certain number of years there."

Office Manager
in Norfolk, VA

"I've worked for the Navy for 20 years. I have gained plenty of office experience and knowledge from the military."

in Ladson, SC

"Great opportunity for those starting out. It takes hard work to move up. Always apply yourself and you'll be successful."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Goose Creek, SC

"Excellent chain of command and staff who never tire if serving our country to the best of their ability."