1,677 United States Navy Reviews

Browse United States Navy Reviews by Job Title →

(based on 1074 United States Navy Review Ratings)

"I very much enjoyed my tour. GO NAVY!!!"
Posted 7 years ago in Norfolk, VA
in Great Lakes, IL

"I love the navy and was excited to join. Unfortunately I was medically discharge and couldn’t finish boot camp."

Machinist Mate
in Norfolk, VA

"The Navy has been a great experience."

in Fallbrook, CA

"I have worked for NAVSEA for one year and the experience has been very rewarding and amazing. Every project is interesting and challenging, but the work is exciting."

Air Traffic Control Specialist

"I gained great leadership skills."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Supervisor
in Norfolk, VA

"I've worked for the US Navy for four years now in two major locations. It has been an eye-opening experience and it has pushed my talent and skills to the highest level while being in a stressful and non-stop work environment. Great opportunity."

IT Department Supervisor
in Oklahoma City, OK

"Been stationed around the world while serving my country. Traveled by sea most the time, but also flown some of the areas I have been. Learned skills in the technical jobs that relate to the civilian community."

IT Solutions Analyst
in Norfolk, VA

"I have worked for the Department of the Navy since 2002, and have been working with the Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security for over 20 years. I have come to the point that I am looking to expand my experience out to the commercial world."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Nuclear Electrician
in Newmarket, NH

"? Researched and organized safety briefs for repair procedures for various nuclear systems and components. Ensuring that all necessary technical, radiological, and operational requirements are met. ? Successfully inventoried and maintained over 500 ship’s battery components and, over a 4-week period, streamlined reinstallation of the components on the boat which resulted in saving 284 man-hours. ? Extensive experience diagnosing and isolating malfunctions in electrical systems, power generation units, and control systems using schematics, blueprints, and associated test equipment. ? Conducted preventative and corrective maintenance on the ship’s AC / DC electrical distribution system, generators, regulators, controllers, motors, circuit breakers and nuclear electrical systems. ? Introduced innovative maintenance techniques to shipyard vendors, resulting in significant cost and man-hour savings. Extensive use of schematics, technical manuals and safety procedures. ? Designed and implemented a System Expert program which trained ship’s personnel to manage schedule, and track vital submarine systems as they were removed, repaired, and restored to service throughout the shipyard availability."

Fire Controlman
in Norfolk, VA

"The US Military is not for everyone. If you have an interest, do your research and make your decision from there."

United States Navy Employee

"The Navy is fantastic if you hate yourself."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Winchester, VA

"From the time I started in May of 2019, I have felt welcomed and that the company as a whole has good ethical values and a great mission statement."

in Coronado, CA

"6 years experience in the US Navy, and would not recommend anyone join."

Armament Division Lead Officer
in Virginia Beach, VA

"Dear Hiring Manager, In today’s current workforce, there is a need for dedicated, reliable and trustworthy employees. These employees also understand that change is a daily part of the workday. While searching for an employer that values their employees and places an emphasis on company values, I came across this position. With my background in military service, I found that this position will allow me to showcase my analytic and problem-solving background to your organization. I am a self-starter, goal oriented and driven expert with over 20 years' experience in United States Navy. My expertise and skills include conflict resolution, crafting domestic and foreign policies, strategic planning, emergency response and regulatory compliance. I can work with diverse groups, strategically think through various situations, choose the best course of action and implement it under difficult situations. For your convenience, I have included my resume for your review. I welcome the opportunity to participate in a personal interview to answer any of your questions and highlight my qualifications. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you. You may contact me anytime on the telephone number and email address provided. ????? ???????Regards, ???????Terry L. Miller"

in Bethesda, MD

"I just retired from the US government and just started working for a private company for a few weeks. Both work places are great. I have gained solid engineering experiences as well as managing high performance teams especially with the US government where I worked for 32 years."

Nuclear Electrician's Mate
in Kittery, ME

"The Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program provides extensive training equivalent to civilian higher education resulting in highly skilled and competent nuclear operators as well as experienced electrical and mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting technicians."