On average, employees at Starbucks give their company a 3.7 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% lower than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Starbucks employees are Supervisors submitting an average rating of 4.9 and District Managers with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 118 Starbucks Review Ratings)
Starbucks Employee

"Worked for the company for a long time. Dishonest leadership. Poor work/life balance. Unrealistic expectations. Perfection expected at all times. Poor tools and programs to implement the company’s “perfect” expectation."

Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Mountain View, CA

"I've worked there for 2 months, it was a good experience. I gained there how to overcome difficulties, because the working environment was very busy."

Starbucks (240)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Caltrans (25)
2.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Alchemy Communications (11)
in Katy, TX

"I've only worked at Starbucks for a little over a year now. When applying for this job I thought the job description was too much and there is no way you can possibly maintain all those requirements. Little did I know I was very wrong and that it's very true that Starbucks deliver legendary customer service as well as creating an environment not only for customers but for employees to enjoy and communicate well with those customers. The best part, those so called requirements from the beginning just become natural and you just do everything without much stress and hassle."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Raleigh, NC

"Great company -- however, their pay structure, ability to advance, make a living wage, and similar issues leave a lot to be desired. But great benefits, great working conditions, and just a ton of fun."

Average Starbucks Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Greenwich, CT

"I love the company. What company offers so many benefits, even as a part time employee. I started as a barista and was promoted really quickly. The atmosphere, customer service from corporate is awesome."

Starbucks Employee

"I have worked for Starbucks for 6 years and never had terrible supervisor until the last supervisor was not getting along with my communication ability with deafness. She wasn't fond the way I show my experiences. I loved working for Starbucks as it is family values and life values."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Leawood, KS

"Been working for Starbucks for just over 2 years as a barista. The benefits are great... the pay not so much. The job duties aren't difficult, provided you can deal with customers who have overwhelming senses of entitlement."

Starbucks Employee

"Interesting gig. Great coffee. Lots of HTML CSS, and research. Not a lot of actual programming."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Starbucks Employee

"I've worked for Starbucks for just under nine years. It is a company which strives hard to provide customer satisfaction, but cuts corners in terms of back of house technology. The company values sales and managers, but needs a great deal of investment in the HR infrastructure and support side."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Kirkland, WA

"I have worked for Starbucks for last four months. They have excellent customer service and quality goods. I have learned to move on a faster pace and provide great service throughout my shifts. I have consistently asked for more work and knowledge about coffee to improve my skills and ability to sell our products."

Project Engineer
Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Starbucks Employee

"I have worked for Starbucks 2 times. Once in 2004 as a manager and then again now as a shift supervisor. The company is great as to how they treat their employees. However the compensation is way too low and you can't have any lifestyle, especially in Vancouver, with this low compensation."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Corpus Christi, TX

"I have only worked at Starbucks for a couple of months and still feel it is a great place to work. I get along with all my co-workers and manager. The job itself gets easier as you learn the different stations, which seem to be stressful in the beginning but after a short time you get the hang of it and see how much more you can do for everyone in the store, even just taking time to make someone's day."

in Cumming, GA

"It's a good job to get started in the workplace,but once you are there, it's hard to get out unless you want to be a store manager and I would not wish that position on anyone."

in Columbus, OH

"I found Starbucks to be a company with great benefits but extremely low pay."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5