(based on 183 Nordstrom Review Ratings)
"I've worked for Nordstrom for about a year, and I'm planning on staying for a long time. I feel supported in my ambitions to move up and grow within the company. Our full time benefits are great. All of our supervisors have started at the bottom, so they're understanding and relatable. Our executives are incredibly involved and work hard to improve the experiences of both customers and employees."
Posted 3 years ago in Austin, TX
in Scottsdale, AZ

"I have worked for Nordstrom for over 14 years. They treat each employee the same whether you are a senior level executive or the an entry level sales person. They pride themselves on customer service"

Visual Merchandising Manager
in Murray, UT

"Great place to work at a job which could easily become a career. I started working here when I was in college and quickly fell in love with the work and ended up still there 9 years later."

Nordstrom (260)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (11)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
in Cerritos, CA

"It’s amazing company but I’m ready to move up and find something different"

Marketing Project Manager

"Nordstrom being a location family-owned institution I feel the approachability to senior leadership played a big part in my success with the organization. I enjoyed the culture of the company, the willingness to get the resources to help you excel, as well as the involvement with charitable organizations. I enjoyed working for the brand but realized I had to make a personal decision that was best for my family"

Average Nordstrom Ratings in the Past 4 Years

"N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A"

Sales Associate

"Nordstrom is by far one of the best companies to work for! I recently got hired as a sales associate after college and I am very happy with the experience I have had. Nordstrom is all about customer service, which is something I am passionate about. Beyond what we do for customers, I admire what we do for each other. Nordstrom is a company that hires within, the support from peers gets you to the next level and I think it is very inspiring. The company leaders show support for all of us, even without knowing us."

in Costa Mesa, CA

"I’ve worked for Nordstrom since 2009. It is a first-class company that lets you take your career anywhere you want to go. I would recommend it to anyone trying to get their foot in the door for sales."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Assistant Manager
in Edison, NJ

"I have been working for Nordstrom since 2017 and it’s a great company to work for. Me being a team player has been nothing but great since I had been working there and my customer service is nothing but great! I learned a lot throughout the company and also you get to build up and grow with the company. They will promote you if they see you doing a good job."

in Costa Mesa, CA

"I’ve worked for Nordstrom for almost 4 years. I’ve learned a lot and have had the opportunity to grow and apply different skills and assist with different roles when necessary based on business needs. I’m looking now to expand more and try other areas of business to see what feels right."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Glendale, CA

"I love where I work I just hate retail hours. They have a great staff and good environment to work in."

Nordstrom Employee

"Nordstrom in Seattle is a very good company to work with. They are very friendly and inclusive. Always willing to help the workers"

Management Intern
in Arcadia, CA

"Nordstrom is a great company to start your career. I learned plenty while at my Management Internship there. While working your way up in sales, you have the opportunity to become department assistant manager and then move on to manager. So there is definitely room for growth. I would recommend to anyone getting a business degree."

Ambassador

"I have worked for great companies. United states marine corp is one of them. From then I worked different companies after and learned more. My background has always been security. Nordstrom is a big company they take care of hardworking people. It's a great experience working for this company."

in McLean, VA

"I worked for Nordstrom for almost seven years many years ago, and left for other opportunities. I recently decided to go back for the holiday season- huge mistake. Nothing has changed from the time I left. Sure, the technology has advanced from many years ago, and there are lots of neat apps you can use as an employee. They treat their employees like sweatshop workers, and the ones who don't sell to their exact liking, they are treated as second class citizens. They take advantage of your flexibility, which means work/life balance is non-existent. I have worked for other retailers who provided a work/life balance and a more laid back atmosphere, while still remaining professional and providing excellent customer service. Being there is like being in a cult, the managers drink the Kool-Aid and are fake. I am not writing this review because I was a bad salesperson and I'm ragging on the company, I was a really good salesperson. Instead of being able to enjoy days off and getting things done in your personal life, you will be too tired to do anything. And, you might get a text message from your manager bugging you about a customer "issue" that can wait until you are back at the store the next day. Take it from someone who WAS successful there and WAS in management, and do not apply. There are better retailers out there, who will treat you like a human being instead of a warm body to just put out on the floor because they need coverage."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Stocker
in Indianapolis, IN

"I have worked for Nordstrom Rack for four months. It is a great retail company that puts their customers and employees first. They train their employees well, the co-workers are very friendly and will work closely with new employees if they need help."