On average, employees at Nordstrom give their company a 4.1 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Nordstrom employees are Business Managers submitting an average rating of 4.7 and Managers with a rating of 4.6.

(based on 226 Nordstrom Review Ratings)
"Nordstrom has a strong reputation for being one of the largest, enduring businesses that remains profitable. As a family owned business, their business model remains dated but is proven effective. Nordstrom is a leader in high end fashion, fashion trends and has a limited number of very large stores across the nation. Nordstrom is also a primary source of label purchases such as Calvin Klein or Thomas Pink. Because of this, Nordstrom is seen a very high end distribution and department shopping paradise."
Posted 6 years ago in Palo Alto, CA
Sales Associate
in King of Prussia, PA

"I have worked for Nordstrom for 4 years. My managers have helped me grow as a sales person into a confident and driven one. My relationship building skills helped me a lot in this position as it generated more sales and more business for me."

Nordstrom Employee

"I’ve worked with Nordstrom since 2015 and fell in love with the management structure. Since then it has been on a downward hill and they can’t seem to make it work. Management takes on so much responsibility that they don’t have time to train their team properly. Along with not being paid additional for taking on added floor volume. It feels that senior management makes decisions without considering that all store locations are different."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

Nordstrom (303)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
Logistics Processor
in Lombard, IL

"I had working at Macys for year. Which didn't work out because of employees benefit. I had decided to apply else where to see if anyone would call me back which one company did call me back. Nordstrom was one of the company's to call me back with in a week which I was very excited about. It was a different experience for me because I wasn't aware of the position I had applied for so I took one for the team and worked hard to get better at my position. Ever since then I loved my job."

in San Francisco, CA

"I worked for Nordstrom part-time as a cashier for just under a year to support myself through college. I will say that my experience there was a pleasant one. Overall, the atmosphere there was very team-based, and the employees there were a joy to work with. The only gripe I have is that their mentality is that of a customer is always right, which I feel should be used on a case by case basis."

Average Nordstrom Ratings in the Past 4 Years

in Pleasanton, CA

"Great company to work for- with areas to challenge yourself and grow."

Product Analyst

"At Nordstrom I was always able to have the freedom to work on a project the way I wanted, but also knew there was an entire team to help if needed. I also had every opportunity to share my work with upper level management."

in Culver City, CA

"My former employer was Nordstomrack| Hautelook under Nordstrom Inc. The department I was under management had focused on micromanaging. They weren’t informative regarding projects. They’ve handled situations improperly. Which caused havoc for our team. Unfortunately, they’ve shown favoritism. It was hard to grow within the company due to they had positions made for others in the company. As for the compensation for the amount of work and deadlines needed to be increased. Overall with new management the company hasn’t evolved, especially for the work environment. Hopefully, a change will come within the company; since we’re in a pandemic."

Sales Associate
in Delray Beach, FL

"Great company to work for! Commissioned positions allow for competitive pay and atmosphere. Company morals shine through their trainers and employees. Lots of opportunity to move up and great compensation when you excel."

in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

"I worked for Nordstrom since 2011 when I started as an intern. I had the opportunity to move up and grow my career with the company. I was challenged and given the tools and training to meet my goals."

in Costa Mesa, CA

"I worked for Nordstrom a little over 5 years and I loved it. They care about their employees and communities and do whatever they can to improve them. The management, benefits, and employees were all wonderful."

in Roseville, CA

"I worked for Nordstrom for approximately 8 months which is including the COVID time period up until the time I left. I started out as a seasonal gift wrapper and was hired on full time after Christmas. I thought my store handled COVID procedures quite well but I believe opened up a bit too soon. My managers were all extremely nice and helpful, my coworkers made it a fun environment to be in. Several aspects of the store and company I would say were organized well. I did feel cared about and nothing was forced."

Copywriter
in San Bernardino, CA

"Overall, I had a good experience working at Nordstrom Rack. My supervisors were always available if I had questions. My co-workers were there to help if the workload was too heavy for us. Unfortunately, moving up didn't seem possible, especially in our department. Aside from that, it was a good company and took care of us very well."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I’ve worked for Nordstrom since 2016. I began my career with the company as an intern and worked my up to the role I’m in right now as a department manager for women’s designer apparel. The company has become very challenging to grow with and continuing seeking further career opportunities with as they are continuously cutting back and eliminating jobs and closing stores year after year."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Employee
in Newport Beach, CA

"I have worked for Nordstrom since 2017 and have had three promotions within working there for three years. The great thing about Nordstrom is that you can make a lot of money just being in sales, as long as you’re willing to put the hard work in. It is getting increasingly difficult to move up into management, but if you’re like me and prefer to work the floor and be around people and customers, then that isn’t a problem. You must be a people person for this job. Customer service is the top priority at this company and making the customer happy is the objective of every transaction."

in Montclair, CA

"I’ve worked for Nordstrom for 5 years and I found out why the company is so well knows for its superb customer service. It truly does cater to every single need of the customer and always going above and beyond for the customer. Nordstrom employs thousands of employees through the entire US."