On average, employees at Nordstrom give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Nordstrom employees are Salespeople submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Business Managers also with a rating of 4.8.

(based on 161 Nordstrom Review Ratings)
"Nordstom is place like no other, the only place I have ever worked in where salary is based on effort and smart decision. You are truly are in control of the business."
Posted 4 years ago in Miami, FL
in Burlington, MA

"Entry level non-skill positions. Anybody with a heartbeat can work at Nordstrom. They lose more employees than Burger King and McDonald's combined in a month. Management are clueless, big joke, they will cut yours hours so you can't receive health insurance."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Las Vegas, NV

"I worked for this company for almost 3 years thinking it was a great company to work for, the first 2 were great, then management changed, as it was required of all of those who worked there to be fair, and if there was a conflict to reach out and manage it in a professional matter, not in this case, a middle management person made a decision and upper management approved it overnight without consideration for the person affected."

Nordstrom (238)

4.8 Highest Rated in this Industry is AutoAlert (5)
2.5 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Premium Retail Services (13)
Service Experience Specialist

"I've worked for Nordstrom for about a year, and I'm planning on staying for a long time. I feel supported in my ambitions to move up and grow within the company. Our full time benefits are great. All of our supervisors have started at the bottom, so they're understanding and relatable. Our executives are incredibly involved and work hard to improve the experiences of both customers and employees."

in Des Peres, MO

"I have worked for Nordstrom for almost 2 years. I started off as a salesperson. The people who work for the company are genuine but sometimes being a commission based store, people don't act their best towards other employees. Nordstrom makes it possible for you to promote easily within the company as long as you put your effort forth."

Average Nordstrom Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Sales Representative
in Palo Alto, CA

"Nordstrom has a strong reputation for being one of the largest, enduring businesses that remains profitable. As a family owned business, their business model remains dated but is proven effective. Nordstrom is a leader in high end fashion, fashion trends and has a limited number of very large stores across the nation. Nordstrom is also a primary source of label purchases such as Calvin Klein or Thomas Pink. Because of this, Nordstrom is seen a very high end distribution and department shopping paradise."

in San Francisco, CA

"I've worked with Nordstrom for over 10 years. They are amazing if you value, hard honest work, giving service, wanting to move up & succeed. Once you start here, this company becomes like family, and you can move on to do whatever is desired within the world of nordstrom. Your current manager will help you achieve what you want. However, don't underestimate the 'hardwork' aspect of this position. They run really fast!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Nordstrom Employee

"Seasonal. Seems Ok. This is a really busy time of year. Pay could be better."

Nordstrom Employee

"Good benefits, poor pay. Usually very good managers. But if you have a bad manager it will directly affect your love of the job."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
Nordstrom Employee

"Best in class! High expectations, but great compensation package. Mobility is a must."

Salesperson
in Troy, MI

"I have worked for Nordstrom, Inc. for one year and found the company very focused on their vision, which is customer service excellence. Nordstrom provides an excellent shopping experience for each and every customer by providing outstanding focus on customer service because they believe that without excellent customer service there would be no Nordstrom. Nordstrom sets itself apart with its high focus on customer service."

Nordstrom Employee

"I have worked with Nordstrom for 10 years and they have allowed me to move around and learn different aspects in the company, which I appreciate."

Information Security Specialist

"Great company, awesome management, a recommendation for anyone."

in California City, CA

"Interesting as one individual noted that most of the comments for high ratings come from the sales floor - BUT interesting enough you do not see many on here for the support areas of the company - as many people are afraid of their jobs!!!!"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Oak Brook, IL

"Poor work environment, people were always upset, and didn't like their jobs. Managers were often young and not trained. Co-works don't get along because of commission sale environment, there is not a reason to help each other. Technology is a joke, can't even ring people up, or find things for them!"

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5