On average, employees at Morgan Stanley give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 5% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Morgan Stanley employees are Client Services Associates submitting an average rating of 4.8 and Senior Java Developers with a rating of 4.7.

(based on 196 Morgan Stanley Review Ratings)
"I've been working for Morgan Stanley as a senior developer consultant for less than a year. Despite the seldom difficulties maintaining a work-life balance, it provides real professional challenge on a daily basis and allows you to follow a somewhat flexible routine."
Posted 2 years ago in New York City, NY
Network Administrator

"I enjoyed working for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. My professional career started there. My tenure includes, but not limited to Help Desk, Network Administrator, Computer Programmer, Computer Analyst, and Database Administrator."

Morgan Stanley Employee

"I have worked at Morgan Stanley for the past two years. It is a great place for someone who is looking to grow. It is always such a fun work environment and people around are always ready to help when needed."

Morgan Stanley (332)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Consolidated Edison (26)
3.0 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Citizens Financial Group (10)
Morgan Stanley Employee

"Excellent company to work for! Opportunities for advancement are endless. You have to work really hard to achieve them because of the highly competitive nature of the workplace, but if you're young and willing to put in the time - you will do great."

Senior Associate

"I have over 15 years of extensive experience in the design, develop and implementation of financial, telecommunication, retail market industry, and scientific based systems in UNIX/C, C++, PERL, JAVA, Worldwide WEB and developed applications in RELATIONAL/SQL database systems such as SYBASE, INFORMIX, ORACLE, DB2 and proprietary financial based historical End Of Day TIMESERIES and Intra Day REALTIME Tick databases and recently built C/C++ API’s to access In Memory KDB/Q databases. I am proficient in UNIX/OS internals, and had worked in local area networks, distributed processing (TCP/UDP/IP Sockets programming, IPC (Inter Process Communication), shared memory, message queues and semaphores). I have also worked with real-time market data applications that involved distributed processing and built API’s to collect data from derived real-time feeds from source data feeds such as (FILTER network like TIBCO RV), NYSE/TAQ, and other tick source data feeds, and also employed the Multi-Threading techniques in developing the same. I have experience working with High Frequency Data ( Intra Day real time) with Low Latency (mille and micro seconds) achieved by providing interfaces via SYBASE, INFORMIX (time series data blade), LIM, KDB/Q, FAME, and proprietary time series database implementation in retrieving the market data from Customized Ticker Plant as well from Low Frequency Data (End Of Day) implementations. Most recently involved in Software Configuration Management and Change Management and POS Release Management using the Subversion/TeamForge/AnthillPro technologies as well HPALM (HP Application Lifecycle Management). Also familiar with other configuration management tools such as PERFORCE, CVS etc.,"

Average Morgan Stanley Ratings in the Past 4 Years

UI Developer

"I worked in Morgan Stanley since April 2014. It was a fast paced environment with a huge workload. My relationship with my managers was good and they were very happy with my work. I would rate this company very highly. It was a well structured corporation and used the latest technologies."

in Brooklyn, NY

"Great company to work for. If you are ready to work hard."

Technology Associate

"Really good company if you love to work for a big company in the finance industry. They have a great technology stack and have very good benefits for employees."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Financial Advisor
in Oakland, CA

"It was a great firm to work for."

Senior Java Developer

Application Developer

"The people I worked around were generally very professional and nice."

Senior Java Developer

"Morgan Stanley is good company to work with, too bad they don't have offices in the bay area."

Reports lead
in Jersey City, NJ

"Morgan Stanley is a great place to work, my team has been great, friendly and encouraging always."

Morgan Stanley Employee

"Worked as Sr. Java Developer with Morgan Stanley on Customer Account Details Application. Morgan Stanley's Customer Details Application consist of trading/investment details of every customer. It also includes Mailing Service which will be triggered to customer who require detailed description of investment/trading details over particular period of time. Reports can be generated which may contain graphs, charts, detailed description of particular trading/investment for customer"

in Miami, FL

"Worst company to work and the most uncaring managers--lacking in people skills."