(based on 664 Microsoft Review Ratings)
"If ever given the chance to work with Xbox again, I would take it in a heart beat! Microsoft fosters innovation and creativity."
Posted 6 years ago in Redmon, IL
Computer Science Intern
in San Francisco, CA

"This is a good place with friendly colleagues. I have some personal reasons to work near San Francisco, otherwise, I do not want to leave my current position."

Research Intern
in Redmond, WA

"I worked as a research intern in a research team oriented around Computer Vision applications in games. I found it to be a very flexible and informative experience as I gained end-to-end skills with assistance from the team. In return, I provided direct value clients in terms of communication and expertise."

Microsoft (881)

4.7 Highest Rated in this Industry is Western Illinois University (10)
1.9 Lowest Rated in this Industry is CareCore National (10)
in Redmond, WA

"Good company I just didn't think my manager knew how to manage a person of my background."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Systems Engineer
in Geneva, MN

"Good company to learn about technology"

Average Microsoft Ratings in the Past 4 Years

Service Advisor
in San Francisco, CA

"Working at Microsoft has been a blast. Everything about it has been amazing. Unfortunately, it is time for me to move onto something greater. I want to improve my skills in the IT world."

in Mountain View, CA

"It is good and helpful as my first professional job which taught me lot of things but as a contractor, we are restricted t give on more inputs."

Senior Marketing Consultant
in Sunnyvale, CA

"Great company if you are an employee, not so much if you are a contractor."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for 12 weeks as a Data Scientist at Microsoft. During the internship, I was fortunate to be guided by my manager and two mentors. They were all very patient and willing to listen to my opinions. I gained so much business insights from them, which was of great help for my project there. Not only did I improve my coding skills, but also learn how to present my work for audiences from different groups."

in Redmond, WA

"Very strong company with excellent leadership and great people"

National Sales Leader
in Mississauga, ON

"I have been employed at Microsoft since April 2015. Everything aspect of what we do, how we do it is built around our mission statement "to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more". That is why I have enjoyed this amazing company. The people not only care about driving results but its is just as important to do this with the highest level of integrity. You are allowed to foster a "challenger mindset" to take risk, learn from mistakes and become better. Anyone looking for a real challenge and wants to make a difference should look at a role at Microsoft."

in Redmond, WA

"I've worked with them on contract for many years. Was and still is a stellar company"

BI Operations Analyst Intern
in Redmond, WA

"I interned at Microsoft for six months as part of a national program called Year Up for young adults. I was blown away with amazement of how inclusive Microsoft’s Company culture really was! Especially on my specific team. Diversity is cherished and respected. You can tell that people enjoy coming to work and love what they do."

in Sunnyvale, CA

"Big disconnect between lower and higher management No direction, no structure, no order"

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Senior Technical Product Manager
in Redmond, WA

"In my past 12 years, I have worked in a variety of industries (e.g. automotive, healthcare, IT consulting, and high tech) and in different companies ranging from (startups to well established S&P500 organizations). I have had the privilege to work with many smart and humble team members, customers, leaders, and mentors. Each company was a different culture, and I was able to adapt to each companies culture, deliver on my products, collaborate with the team and be successful. I define success as a combination of my deliverables, the net impact the products I contributed to the success of the organization, the strong friendship and collaboration I leave behind. My work is always detailed and correct, but I strike the right balance on delivering on time as well. Sometimes this equates to working hard, sometimes it equates to working smart, and sometimes it is setting the right expectation, using either of these techniques I always strive for excellence."

Assistant Store Manager
in Salem, NH

"I've worked for Microsoft since December of 2015. They truly care about their people and their customers. Their mission to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more starts with their employees who in hand delivers that same passion to their customers."