(based on 658 Microsoft Review Ratings)
"I have worked for Microsoft for over a decade and its a fun & challenging environment where you get to work with some of the best minds in the industry."
Posted 5 years ago in Redmond, WA
in Salt Lake City, UT

"I have only worked here for a month and a half, however it's been a wonderful work experience."

in Redmond, WA

"There are many things that make Microsoft a great place to work. Good benefits, good pay, many opportunities to work on exciting technology, smart colleagues, a beautiful campus. You might even get your own office. That is more than offset by the abysmal culture. Vicious coworkers, constant jockeying for position and status. Nearly everyone dodges responsibility for mistakes and engage in crazy acrobatics to make sure they get visible work. You will live and die by your own aggression."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 1 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Statistical Modeling Analyst
in Redmond, WA

"I worked in this position in 2013 as a Predictive Modeling analyst. I use Excel, SAS, R, SQL in my daily work."

Microsoft Employee

"My role at Microsoft is great. Awesome work/life balance, and good compensation. The only concern would be the career path for this role, which I think is non-existent."

in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft for 4 years in various roles, and I have greatly enjoyed my time here. It has been a good opportunity to increase my skills, gain exposure to various parts of the business, and build my resume. The work being done is compelling and my team is a pleasure to work with. It is a very competitive environment, for better or worse. However, I would highly recommend Microsoft as a place to work."

SQL Developer
in Iselin, NJ
Business Intelligence Developer
in Bellevue, WA

"I worked for Microsoft for 3 months. The team is very good and helpful and the hospitality is good, and the work is very challenging and Interesting. I completed the work on time. and very friendly with all the teams."

in Washington, DC
Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Inventory Control Specialist

"Great place to work. Loved working there. Many opportunities so long as you know your stuff and put in the work and time. They are always looking for ways to improve and give back to the community. Good compilation for what you are asked to do and the benefits are second to none. They even offer medical benefits to part time employees. Everyone there is like family and treated each other with respect. If you ever have a concern or suggestion the management's doors are always open."

in Redmond, WA

"I think depending on the organization, Microsoft can be great company to work for."

Research Intern
in Redmond, WA

"I've worked at Microsoft Research as a research intern during the summer of 2012 and 2013. The company provides really good environments for research, and a lot of brilliant scientists are working and provide many opportunities to learn from them. In addition, they can properly manage many summer interns with well-designed programs like social events and surprising presents. The experience interning there can strongly motivate me to work."

.NET Developer
in Dublin, CA

"The best place to work but the problem is that you have very narrow specialization and as developer you need to grow."

in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft for a total of 12 years. In my experience, people who get promoted are the ones who are the best at managing up and necessarily at doing the job. They usually hire the best and brightest but give them menial jobs to do. It gets boring and unsatisfying quick."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
Senior Systems Engineer
in Bellevue, WA

"I love working for Microsoft. I honestly don't want to leave, however, the team/position that I have here has forced my hand into looking at other opportunities in order to grow after 2+ years here. I would come back to the company in a heartbeat, I would recommend working here to anyone interested, but just be careful of the team you choose."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5