(based on 658 Microsoft Review Ratings)
"Working here provides significant challenges and opportunities for technical growth. Typically you are working with some of the smartest people around. One of the best places to work in the D.C. area by far."
Posted 6 years ago in Baltimore, MD
Senior Premier Field Engineer
in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a very hard but fun place to work. It is all about the people you are working with and the things you learn while there. Nothing is more satisfying than those friendships you develop. Compensation is good but the perks are what push them over the edge. If you have the chance to experience it, it is worth it. The review process has changed which was the only down side but outside of that I had no complaints."

Principal Director of BI
in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft for over a decade and its a fun & challenging environment where you get to work with some of the best minds in the industry."

in Jersey City, NJ

"Great place good benefits."

Senior Technical Evangelist
in Redmond, WA

"I have been working with Microsoft for over a year and since my day of joining, I have found it very interesting. I am so happy to extend my helping hands to customers who come to me when they have issues with SCOM."

in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft for 5 years. It was an amazing learning experience. I became pretty independent and self-reliant and learned a lot from many of my coworkers. The company tries to keep its employees as happy as possible and the benefits are awesome. The company also worries a lot regarding work life balance. They won't overwork you."

in Redmond, WA

"I loved working for Microsoft. I left because a long 7 years finally got me itching to move and some career stagnation because I never left my group/project. I encourage you to move around in this company (especially when you get promoted), best way to get ahead and get vast experience. All the tools you could ever need to do your job but almost no control or ownership over what you are doing (at least in the well established products)."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in Redmond, WA

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2002 and have learned a lot about software development, database systems, distributed systems and cloud computing."

in Redmond, WA

"Microsoft is a legendary company. When you working at it you feel yourself as a part of something huge and incredible. But still like any big problem Microsoft has several problems in bureaucracy and internal complex processes."

in Redmond, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft since the early 90s. It's been a great place to learn engineering. The profitability allows Microsoft to sustain engineering projects that have only long term payoff. However the profitability also leads to negative behaviors in middle and upper management in their quest to create the next billion dollar business. Satya's new leadership is refreshing, if you want to fit in."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Irving, TX

"Originally worked for Nokia and Microsoft acquired the company. The original communication was that Microsoft was keeping the OEM business, later changing the overall strategy to not keeping the OEM business."

in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"Good place to work but work on a masters to move up and get pmi certification."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
in Redmond, WA

"Great place to learn and show your passion to technology!"

Senior Support Engineer

"I have worked for Microsoft since 2007. The company employees around 127,000 employees and have over a hundred locations around the world."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5
in Issaquah, WA

"I've worked for Microsoft off and on since 2009, and I love the atmosphere here, but dislike the ability to move up into a higher position. I enjoy my job, and I love customer relations using IT. I have a passion for it, and would love to continue it with a job that has more growth."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5