(based on 64 Dillard's Review Ratings)
in Waco, TX

"Dillards In waco is HELL the Manager and the Assistant manager only care about money they don't care about the people will use threats and harass people if you speak up they say that they have money and power that they can't be corrected or be stopped. will only treat you like a slave or discriminate you at all cost. They also create you a very hostile environment they work you at their convenience so if you have a family or if you know whats good for you do not work for someone that don't treat you with respect or kindness! please do not let anyone work here if so you are entering hell in waco! especially the lady DeeDee she will do anything just to save her butt or to have her money at any cost even if it means firing you and suing you to be quite! Also if you try to go to HR they say that you are just a nobody and that you just have to quit o suffer at the place and if you go to the CEO he just fires you he says you are a replaceable person and if you don't make him money that you are worthless in this world plus the CEO don't care about customers will have his employees work if they are positive for COVID 19 he says that just work and don't say anything and if you do he just fires you and gets rid of you!"

in Baton Rouge, LA

"I have worked for Dillard's for 20 months. It is a high-end department store with a variety of clothing items to choose from. I worked in Ladies' shoes, within the first nine months I sold $244,000.00 in lady shoes, and over the next nine months, I sold $365,000.00 in shoe sales, making me one of their top earners."

Dillard's (110)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is Lehigh Press (8)
2.7 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Aaron Brothers (16)
in Clearwater, FL

"Wondering if any former employees had issue with their COBRA qualification date going retroactive to 5/1/20? When it should have been a date of 8/1/20? They are trying to go back three months when I was furloughed and wasn’t told until 7/30/20 that I wasn’t returning to my position. On my drop letter it states I was terminated retroactive to 4/30/20 !!!! That was a lie or a very bad mistake. I could not get the issue rectified over the phone thru HR!"

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Sales Associate
in Clearwater, FL

"I worked at Dillard's from September 2015 to January 2016. I really enjoyed my time working there. It taught be a lot about learning what you are selling and how to sell it. They had great benefits and treated their employees fairly. Dillard's many different locations everywhere in the United States."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5

Average Dillard's Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Reno, NV

"Dillards is employee oriented, lots of employee inspiration"

in Valdosta, GA

"I have worked for this company since 2018 and have overall enjoyed the experience."

in Newport News, VA

"I have worked at Dillards for 2 years. I have worked and I still work with some wonderful people. Dillards has a lot great perks for employees. They give part-time employees benefits that really help people. Every year they give new coats and gently used coats to people in need. They give full- weekends off, which is unheard of in retail, and did I mention that is once a month. Dillards is good company and they give every 6 months to breast cancer awareness."

in Cedar Park, TX

"I’ve worked for Dillard’s for a few months now in the lingerie department as an SBM. The environment is amazing to be in! The clientele is so sweet and willing to learn with you! The company offers amazing perks such as free merchandise and a bonus structure. My only issue is with upper management but not every store is like that! Overall I have absolutely loved the company and loved the position."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 5 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
in Hickory, NC

"It’s a good place to work. There are sales goals, and it is a competitive atmosphere."

Suit Tailor
in Tallahassee, FL

"I've worked for Dillard's for the past 3 years and the company has an awesome work culture. It develops a strong relationship between employees and clients that results in strong sales, retention rate, and brand awareness. The compensation is very good and the leadership encourages employees to think on their own. High recommendation for employment."

in Maumelle, AR

"Dillard's is a breeding ground for learning new and old technologies. They offer a training program to new tech talent and offer every opportunity to succeed. There is very much a family feel there and I strongly recommend working there for anyone who enjoy technology."

Sales Representative
in Pensacola, FL

"High quality with good pricing."

in Chattanooga, TN

"Good company that's decent to work for; they don’t micro manage you."

in Baton Rouge, LA

"Dillard's has a terrible culture and toxic environment to work in. I worked at the Mall of Louisiana under store manager Brian Hudson and district manager Jill Nicolson. I was discriminated against due to the color of my skin and wasn't provided the same opportunities as people who have the "RIGHT" skin color. I graduated from the state school where I live and also had 5 years in managment experience prior to taking the job. Not only was I cut short on my pay, after I took the job they changed my contract to where I couldn't earn commission which was in my initial contract. They stole funds from me that were rightfully earned and I'm in the process of getting a lawyer."

Person You Work For 1 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
in New Orleans, LA

"The owners of Dillard's have owned the joint since the 30s and without a doubt have it down pat. So they think. It is 2017. Their number one problem is they are not keeping up with the times. What they do not realize is if they treated their employees with any ounce of dignity, respect and appreciation, their sales would be higher than what they are. (See my sales below) It is a known fact new employees do not stay and while they are there, do not put 100% into selling because after three weeks in, they see the B.S. They throw their hands up and leave. And this is why I love the younger generation. They refuse to put up with their horrible style of management. And the mess trickles down from the family to store management. I did not shop there when employed and continue NOT to shop there because I refuse to hand over $1 to the hateful Dillard family. (I did care about the employee discounts.) The only plus is the departments and you only have to look best when the Dillard clan or the other corporate cluckers come for a "visit". They think they're ROYALTY! Any other time, the departments can look a mess and you can pretty much wear what you want as long as it somewhat resembles dress code. There were many days when I didn't shave. LOVED THAT PART. Despite my stubby look, I did great in sales (I faked it big time & LOVED IT!). Always met my standard goal so I would not get a pay cut. I was not interested in reaching higher sales to reach the raise goal. So I only sold what little I had to because it was my way of getting even with the Big D Family, meaning I was not going to let them cut my salary. Overall, their loss because there were times I could have built it and sold more merchandise, but, purposely did not. Now whose loss was that? Not mine! I sold $1 mill in two years. Do not work for the Dillard's unless you're writing a book on the worst experiences of your life."