On average, employees at Cerner give their company a 4.0 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest Cerner employees are Associate Senior Software Engineers submitting an average rating of 4.4 and Systems Engineers with a rating of 4.1.

(based on 105 Cerner Review Ratings)

in Kansas City, MO

"I've worked at Cerner for 5.5 years and enjoy the growth opportunities that are provided, however, the hours are very long and the pay is far below market for the work that is performed."

in Kansas City, MO

"I have worked at Cerner for almost 3 years now. In that time, the yearly salary increase for existing engineers has been so low, that fresh out of college engineers will enter earning more. The jobs they post have competitive wages, but Cerner bleeds employees because they will find better-paying jobs within 1-2 years due to Cerner's compensation afterward."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3 / 5

Cerner (127)

4.6 Highest Rated in this Industry is E-Plus (7)
2.1 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Verifi (6)
in Kansas City, MO

"I worked for Cerner for short time, but when I did work there, there were a few things that didn't work for me. Overall, there seemed to be little personal connection between the software that was being developed and the developers. Everything was about having a very close deadline, and with everyone that I interacted with, it seemed as though things were just generalized, and was more about how many lines you wrote more so than the quality of those lines. To be fair, this was also during the pandemic, so we were all working from home as well."

in Overland Park, KS

"Very good with good work and life balance"

Associate Senior Software Engineer
in Kansas City, MO

"not sure what to write. this is bit weird."

Senior Software Engineer
in Kansas City, MO

"I've been working on Cerner Corporation for almost 8 years now and it is a great company. It has strong ethics for health care on client's and employees."

in Kansas City, MO

"I have worked at Cerner for the past 2 years, I have found it a great place to gain experience and knowledge in a variety of analytical tools. The position group of data analysis is not well vetted out across the company, so there is not a large opportunity to move up easily. However, a good experience."

Senior Systems Engineer
in Malvern, PA

"They are okay, but could pay more"

Systems Engineer
in Kansas City, MO

"I love the company. I wish I had an option to work remotely, as I no longer will be living in Kansas City."

in Arlington, VA

"Cerner Government Services leverages its core competencies in delivering successful health care solutions, to support the Verteran's Administration (VA) in the current engagement for Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM). The biggest struggle for Cerner is not only managing the client relationship with the VA, but also containing technological scope creep, which impacts Cerner's ability to baseline project plans with achievable target dates.Although excellent implementation work on developing "managed service capabilities" is being developed, the VA Medical Centers (VAMCs) tend to resist change that requires the adoption of new technologies. Getting parties to collaborate in good faith is probably 80% of the challenge. Its a tough road promoting change for an established agency like the VA, but Cerner is progressively meeting that challenge."

in Valhalla, NY

"Cerner ITWork is a great company for those who are just starting out but not for an experienced professional. The starting salaries are low for the majority of the positions and on the whole they do not have the capacity to fulfill the contracts they have undertaken. Long hours and low compensation is what you will be looking forward to should you take a position with this orgnaization."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Kansas City, MO

"I've worked for Cerner India and it was great working there for 3 years"

in Kansas City, MO

"Cerner's is a great company to work for. Great work life balance as well. There isn't a lot of upward mobility, that would be the only con."

in Malvern, PA

"An excellent health care company."

Data Analyst

"I have been working in HID global since September 2018. This was my first job after my school and I am truly obliged to have got this opportunity. The company has helped me to put my voice and thoughts forward without hesitation. I feel it is a nice company to accelerate your growth and learn new things"