(based on 80 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 5 years ago in Boston, MA
IT Project Coordinator
in Dublin, OH

"Right now I am leading a team of 12 resources which are working in a different geographical location. I have been awarded with ICE award which is a director level award for my contribution to work and companies."

in Monroe, LA

"CenturyLink is a strong company with good footing to survive in a highly competitive market. The company has a good benefits package."

Account Manager

"I've worked for Qwest Communications (Century Link)since March of 2007. They are a strong company that is focused on taking care of the customer and always doing what is ethical and legal. They are a multi-billiondollar company with well over 30,000 employees."

CenturyLink Employee

"I have worked with this company for almost 8 yrs. And there are some good and bad as with all companies. For the most part it is a good company."

Software Developer

"I have been working at CenturyLink for past 2.5 years. I have successfully completed 2 projects and the third one is on-going. I have learned a lot from these projects and a lot of good people I met at this company. I am more mature and confident now than when I started working for this company."

Network Engineer
in Monroe, LA

"Good company to work for, upper-management however, is somewhat blind on what should be the base salary for employees living in a higher standard of living area. Also, for employees that been there for 5 or so years, seeing new contractors coming in with little to no experience in the field are being given a higher salary than you."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 5 / 5
Central Office Technician
in Martinsville, VA

"All together, it is a good place to work. The middle level managers are very myopic when it comes to investing in customers for the future."

Augmentation Engineer
in Monroe, LA

"Overall I enjoyed the work. It was a pleasurable work environment with lots of knowledgeable colleagues."

Onsite Coordinator
in Littleton, CO

"I've worked for centuryLink since 2009."

Sales Associate
in Albuquerque, NM

"The sales company that I have been working for the past month and a half hasn't been quite good to their employers since the base commission part is a nightmare."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
Network Engineer
in Monroe, LA

"Great place to work. Very dynamic work environment. Rate of exposure and training is amazing."

Business Account Manager

"Worked for 6 years, and they have good benefits. The company seems to care about its employees."

in Minneapolis, MN

"It is a good company to work with ,when you have pleasant work environment and challenging assignments. Ever since I started working from 2011 as contractor, it had many challenges to me."

Person You Work For 3.7 / 5 People You Work With 3.7 / 5 Work Setting 3.7 / 5
Support You Get 3.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 3.7 / 5
in Monroe, LA

"Weak HR leadership with no support from the business leadership. HR is viewed as a personnel department with no ability to influence the business leadership."

Person You Work For 1.7 / 5 People You Work With 1.7 / 5 Work Setting 1.7 / 5
Support You Get 1.7 / 5 Rewards You Receive 1.7 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1.7 / 5
CenturyLink Employee

"Since the acquisition of Qwest Communications, CenturyLink has been able to expand its regions and product suite."

Person You Work For 2.3 / 5 People You Work With 2.3 / 5 Work Setting 2.3 / 5
Support You Get 2.3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2.3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2.3 / 5