(based on 137 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 6 years ago in Boston, MA
in New Orleans, LA

"Good Job to build and gain knowledge and experience"

in Las Vegas, NV

"Centurylink is a great place to work and learn"

Lead Sales Engineer
in Herndon, VA

"Centurylink has recently merged with Level 3 resulting in changes to management and processes. On the whole a great company to work for. Very competitive salary and benefits."

CenturyLink Employee

"CenturyLink is an amazing company to work for."

Senior Sales Engineer

"I am not interested in conducting a review of my current or previous employers."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Chesterfield, MO

"I have worked for CenturyLink since September 2007. I started when it was Savvis Communications in the Global Operation Center as a Helpdesk Support/Tier 1 position. Then I was promoted to a Release Manager position where at the end of my employment I responsible for 4 McAfee Upgrade Projects and 7 clients OS Patching schedules along with any Adhoc requests that came into my teams email inboxes."

in Monroe, LA

"I worked for CenturyLink for the past 4 years. The company merged with L3 and is a global leader in network services and expanding to new IT services like Security, Cloud, and Managed Services. The company is dynamic and wants to part of the global IT movement to become more digital. The company is working to transfer its image of a telecom/network company to a technology company. With any major merger, the company is going to go through a transformation stage where it aligns resources. The process has not been easy but the people working at CenturyLink are focused on making it happen. It is a culture that is focused on revenue obtainment and minimizing waste. It certainly takes someone that has the focus to work at CenturyLink."

in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with CenturyLink since October of 2015. It is a great company to work for if you're looking for a lead player in the Network and Telecom industry."

in Minneapolis, MN

"I worked for CenturyLink for about 20 years. Since it is in the business of technology, I always enjoyed solving complex technical challenges. However, with the transformation and move to colocate things are changing."

in Tulsa, OK

"average but less growth and skills required compared to my background"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Chesterfield, MO

"I liked the Work. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.The VP level personal were friendly."

in Kinston, NC

"horrible company to work for, pretty much dwindled the service tech field to nothing in my area without adjusting load. horrible plant conditions that have been neglected for well over a decade, not customer friendly whatsoever. Very out of date with technology. Systems are always crashing, and new programs and applications designed to help with job are by no means helpful."

Person You Work For 3 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
Support You Get 1 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
Sales Account Executive

"Stingy company with bad processes and bad management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Dublin, OH

"Benefits are good. Pay is average. Difficult to get promoted. Many managers are afraid to challenge certain de facto, archaic rules. Employees and peers are very dedicated. Many are a joy to worry with. Raises are small and sometimes non-existent. Overtime without pay is the norm for salaried employees. Lots of people remain for their entire career."

in Monroe, LA

"Overall good company, except for the cancer, IN MY OPINION, which is many of the clique-ish K.C. folks. Lots of backstabbing, office politics, and general dishonesty I have come to expect from such a white-livered crowd of self-entitled urbanites. Maybe that's a Kansas thing and, I don't know, and perhaps typical of much of corporate America. However, I'm young, just out of college, and have a lot to learn. I just came in expecting friendly coworkers and lots of them seem so two-faced. Is it that way, everywhere? However, overall, the company is sound and pretty well-run, thanks to competent, honest, leadership in Monroe. Pay is fair, benefits are decent, and for telecom, I hear one could do a lot worse. I guess you got to take the good with the bad with any company. However, I wish management would address and rein in some of the negative atmosphere up in K.C."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5