(based on 151 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 7 years ago in Boston, MA
in Ashburn, VA

"the company has changed significantly in the last the years and is not as exciting to work for as it was in the past"

in Salt Lake City, UT

"I have worked for Centurylink Technologies India Pvt. Ltd. for 7 years as a production support engineer. Previously it was Qwest Telecom and now it is Lumen Technologies."

CenturyLink (164)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (8)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
Lead Manager
in Broomfield, CO

"I have worked as a Channel Alliance manager for over a decade and have cultivated a strong contact base and developed best practices for many top IT industry leaders."

Network Security Engineer
in Broomfield, CO

"Lumen Technologies formerly CenturyLink, is a global fortune 500 company that provides B2B network connectivity and security. Lumen provides career growth from entry level to Sr. level. Their Ops. Academy program provides training for individuals new to the industry."

Customer Care Specialist
in Mansfield, TX

"so far from what i have experienced with centurylink, is that they really do take pride in serving their customer base."

Director of Sales
in Frisco, TX

"CenturyLink, now called Lumen is a great company. They have great Sales Engineers to help you with the sales process and well as a great service team. They have a strong network with products to meet customers needs. They offer a competitive pay and benefits."

in Monroe, LA

"I had worked for CenturyLink for 20+ years, at the end the company's focus was more towards the stockholders then the employees. Was told at the first meeting with the CEO, after merging with Level 3, that he did not want the local side of the house, just want big business/enterprise. Not very welcoming from our new CEO."

in Saint Louis, MO

"I worked for CenturyLink for 4 years with the first year being in a contractor role. Overall the work environment was pleasant and the company was flexible and understanding of the work-home balance. On the negative side there have been a number of poorly executed lay-offs. Many tools/libraries/languages were in use and this led to some occasional confusion in what dev-stack should be used for a particular situation."

Cable Technician
in Boulder, CO

"Was employed with centurylink for 20 years. Centurylink is a leading global company in providing services in telecommunications, cloud computing, Internet services."

in Lillington, NC

"Ready set go to enjoy and thrive at a great career."

CenturyLink Employee

"Great Company prior to recent merger acquisition. Great work/life balance. Company has gone through several rounds of restructuring. Mid-level management is great. Senior Management focus more on company politics instead of company growth/health."

CenturyLink Employee

"Good company, great pay, but to many reorganizations. Job turn over to high, losing skilled 20+ year employees."

CenturyLink Employee

"Want to work for Centurylink? Get ready for tasks that no one can agree on how to resolve, the least amount of information to perform your tasks, and on-call rotations that benefit superiors and absolutely devastate newcomers (with no pay for being on call). Would NOT recommend this job to my worst enemy..."

Account Director
in Livingston, MT

"CenturyLink is a big company with a lot of moving parts. Like most large companies their biggest challenge is integrating products, services and processes with the number of companies they have acquired. The learning curve is steep and success requires determination an perseverance. I averaged 140% of goal over my tenure, and the work can be very rewarding. My title and account module has changed frequently and reorganizations have found me with 5 different managers in 6 years, and in the most recent changes, my job functions were moved to Phoenix and Seattle, and my position eliminated. It is a hard and sometimes harsh business. Being a publicly traded company, there is often conflict between what is right for shareholders, employees and clients."

in Fairfield, CA

"I have worked at CenturyLink for the last two years. I found the company to be consistently in turmoil with its leadership and development of products. Turnover is very high too. Internal accounting and payment of commission to employees is lacking and definitely needs to be resolved."