(based on 88 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 5 years ago in Boston, MA
CenturyLink Employee

"Worked at the company in 3 different roles over 4 years. Culture is toxic and unfortunately the company is very process-oriented, bureaucratic. The decision making is too lengthy and thus it takes forever for things to get approved and/or completed."

in New Orleans, LA

"Good Job to build and gain knowledge and experience"

CenturyLink (101)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
in Las Vegas, NV

"Centurylink is a great place to work and learn"

CenturyLink Employee

"CenturyLink is an amazing company to work for."

Average CenturyLink Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Senior Sales Engineer

"I am not interested in conducting a review of my current or previous employers."

Support You Get 5 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Chesterfield, MO

"I have worked for CenturyLink since September 2007. I started when it was Savvis Communications in the Global Operation Center as a Helpdesk Support/Tier 1 position. Then I was promoted to a Release Manager position where at the end of my employment I responsible for 4 McAfee Upgrade Projects and 7 clients OS Patching schedules along with any Adhoc requests that came into my teams email inboxes."

in Monroe, LA

"I worked for CenturyLink for the past 4 years. The company merged with L3 and is a global leader in network services and expanding to new IT services like Security, Cloud, and Managed Services. The company is dynamic and wants to part of the global IT movement to become more digital. The company is working to transfer its image of a telecom/network company to a technology company. With any major merger, the company is going to go through a transformation stage where it aligns resources. The process has not been easy but the people working at CenturyLink are focused on making it happen. It is a culture that is focused on revenue obtainment and minimizing waste. It certainly takes someone that has the focus to work at CenturyLink."

in Salt Lake City, UT

"I've worked with CenturyLink since October of 2015. It is a great company to work for if you're looking for a lead player in the Network and Telecom industry."

Sales Account Executive

"Stingy company with bad processes and bad management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Dublin, OH

"Benefits are good. Pay is average. Difficult to get promoted. Many managers are afraid to challenge certain de facto, archaic rules. Employees and peers are very dedicated. Many are a joy to worry with. Raises are small and sometimes non-existent. Overtime without pay is the norm for salaried employees. Lots of people remain for their entire career."

in Monroe, LA

"Overall good company, except for the cancer, IN MY OPINION, which is many of the clique-ish K.C. folks. Lots of backstabbing, office politics, and general dishonesty I have come to expect from such a white-livered crowd of self-entitled urbanites. Maybe that's a Kansas thing and, I don't know, and perhaps typical of much of corporate America. However, I'm young, just out of college, and have a lot to learn. I just came in expecting friendly coworkers and lots of them seem so two-faced. Is it that way, everywhere? However, overall, the company is sound and pretty well-run, thanks to competent, honest, leadership in Monroe. Pay is fair, benefits are decent, and for telecom, I hear one could do a lot worse. I guess you got to take the good with the bad with any company. However, I wish management would address and rein in some of the negative atmosphere up in K.C."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in La Crosse, WI

"The staff makes everyone feel welcome and they like to engage in fun activities to boost employee morale. Overall great company to work for and a lot of opportunity for advancement."

Software Developer
in Monroe, LA

"Really a great place to work! It's been really good for me coming from no experience to a whole host of knowledge in many different fields. The employees at this company are really great and I was always able to make friends and never really felt like I didn't enjoy going to work. Managers were always flexible and appreciative and most were very good leaders. The environment is laid back, but productive. The company mindset is also shifting to a more modern way of thinking, which I think will make it really shine."

in Golden Valley, MN

"Great place to work and the people are really nice."

CenturyLink Employee

"Great environment, but the common theme seems to be change."