(based on 141 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 6 years ago in Boston, MA
CenturyLink Employee

"Great Company prior to recent merger acquisition. Great work/life balance. Company has gone through several rounds of restructuring. Mid-level management is great. Senior Management focus more on company politics instead of company growth/health."

CenturyLink Employee

"Good company, great pay, but to many reorganizations. Job turn over to high, losing skilled 20+ year employees."

CenturyLink (154)

4.5 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (8)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
CenturyLink Employee

"Want to work for Centurylink? Get ready for tasks that no one can agree on how to resolve, the least amount of information to perform your tasks, and on-call rotations that benefit superiors and absolutely devastate newcomers (with no pay for being on call). Would NOT recommend this job to my worst enemy..."

Account Director
in Livingston, MT

"CenturyLink is a big company with a lot of moving parts. Like most large companies their biggest challenge is integrating products, services and processes with the number of companies they have acquired. The learning curve is steep and success requires determination an perseverance. I averaged 140% of goal over my tenure, and the work can be very rewarding. My title and account module has changed frequently and reorganizations have found me with 5 different managers in 6 years, and in the most recent changes, my job functions were moved to Phoenix and Seattle, and my position eliminated. It is a hard and sometimes harsh business. Being a publicly traded company, there is often conflict between what is right for shareholders, employees and clients."

Average CenturyLink Ratings in the Past 3 Years

in Fairfield, CA

"I have worked at CenturyLink for the last two years. I found the company to be consistently in turmoil with its leadership and development of products. Turnover is very high too. Internal accounting and payment of commission to employees is lacking and definitely needs to be resolved."

Lead UI Developer
in Midvale, UT

"Great place to work. Management always support for new ideas"

in Monroe, LA

"I worked for CenturyLink since 10/2000."

Technology Consultant
in Monroe, LA

"The company is doing an excellent job by providing great value to customers. It is ranked #143 in Fortune 500 companies. The consulting organization which I'm working for is growing every day by gaining existing customer's trust and signing new contracts with others."

in Englewood, CO

"Very good company where it gives you opportunity to improve your skills exponentially"

Customer Service Manager
in Fort Lauderdale, FL

"I had worked with Centurylink for more than 17 years managing more than 1200 accounts on the Small & medium business telecommunication markets & over 132 Account for wholesales in all Latin America Region including accounts as British telecom, implementing, training, and developing strategics operational campaigns to grow their business. Because of COVID 19 the company Layoff a percentage of their employees for this situation I included after 18 years, the great company never looking to this, now we need to move on, something great will come."

in Littleton, CO

"One of the best telecom companies in the world. Flexible 8 hrs at work. Work from home facility. Care for their employees. Overall company culture is really good."

in Boise, ID

"I enjoyed working at centurylink."

in Walnut Creek, CA

"Too many things to try and figure out between 3 networks. TW telecom, Level 3, and Centurylink"

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 2 / 5
in Sioux Falls, SD

"I have worked for Centurylink for since November of 2020. They are a very technology-driven company along with wanting to provide great customer service."

Network Engineer Intern
in Littleton, CO

"I did my internship for an year in CenturyLink in network engineering. Great place to work and learned a lot!"