On average, employees at CenturyLink give their company a 3.9 rating out of 5.0 - which is 3% higher than the average rating for all companies on CareerBliss. The happiest CenturyLink employees are Software Developers submitting an average rating of 4.2 and Network Engineers with a rating of 4.0.

(based on 80 CenturyLink Review Ratings)
"I worked for CenturyLink fka Qwest for 12 1/2 years. The company culture is of a family first orientation. The pay and benefits are very good. You are expected to be at work on time and be on call as required. Answering your phone at any time is required but this is typical telecom. There is a generous bonus plan as well. Working with your manager to balance work/life demands is encouraged.No longer working there due to recent economy related layoffs.Sigh...."
Posted 5 years ago in Boston, MA
Sales Account Executive

"Stingy company with bad processes and bad management."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Dublin, OH

"Benefits are good. Pay is average. Difficult to get promoted. Many managers are afraid to challenge certain de facto, archaic rules. Employees and peers are very dedicated. Many are a joy to worry with. Raises are small and sometimes non-existent. Overtime without pay is the norm for salaried employees. Lots of people remain for their entire career."

CenturyLink (93)

4.4 Highest Rated in this Industry is Adtech (6)
2.2 Lowest Rated in this Industry is Blue Fountain Media (8)
in Monroe, LA

"Overall good company, except for the cancer, IN MY OPINION, which is many of the clique-ish K.C. folks. Lots of backstabbing, office politics, and general dishonesty I have come to expect from such a white-livered crowd of self-entitled urbanites. Maybe that's a Kansas thing and, I don't know, and perhaps typical of much of corporate America. However, I'm young, just out of college, and have a lot to learn. I just came in expecting friendly coworkers and lots of them seem so two-faced. Is it that way, everywhere? However, overall, the company is sound and pretty well-run, thanks to competent, honest, leadership in Monroe. Pay is fair, benefits are decent, and for telecom, I hear one could do a lot worse. I guess you got to take the good with the bad with any company. However, I wish management would address and rein in some of the negative atmosphere up in K.C."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
in La Crosse, WI

"The staff makes everyone feel welcome and they like to engage in fun activities to boost employee morale. Overall great company to work for and a lot of opportunity for advancement."

Average CenturyLink Ratings in the Past 3 Years

Software Developer
in Monroe, LA

"Really a great place to work! It's been really good for me coming from no experience to a whole host of knowledge in many different fields. The employees at this company are really great and I was always able to make friends and never really felt like I didn't enjoy going to work. Managers were always flexible and appreciative and most were very good leaders. The environment is laid back, but productive. The company mindset is also shifting to a more modern way of thinking, which I think will make it really shine."

in Golden Valley, MN

"Great place to work and the people are really nice."

CenturyLink Employee

"Great environment, but the common theme seems to be change."

Network Engineer
in Monroe, LA

"CenturyLink has been a good learning curve and has provided me with an in-depth knowledge of the networking field."

Project Coordinator

"It is one of the best, fastest growing companies. The work environment of the company is very good. People feel proud to be part of the company, as company provides full support to their employees in professional front. It has many branches across the world, so I have good opportunity to show my talent."

Broadband Technician
in Omaha, NE

"Bankers hours, great pay, good people, lots of available overtime if you want to get ahead."

CenturyLink Employee

"It's a good company with decent wages and benefits."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 3 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Sales Engineer

"Average big telecom company."

Support You Get 3 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5

"Good place to work."

in Monroe, LA

"Been here for over 2 yrs as a contractor. This company is good to its employees but not contractors. We do 4x the work as full timers and have no benefits or recognition from management. The low pay for this area is also a consideration. The people who work here are great. The management is mostly family and friends and don't take to outsiders. The work ethic here is "He who works least promotes first. "Think twice before ever working here-get more money elsewhere."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 3 / 5 Growth Opportunities 1 / 5
in Apopka, FL

"I've worked for Centurylink over a year."