(based on 93 CarMax Review Ratings)
in Tempe, AZ

"Covered parking, nice facility, some good managers, many awesome and helpful co-workers.. Great place to work if you enjoy being micromanaged and you thrive in a stressful environment for little more than minimum wage. Many incompetent and lazy managers, extreme micro-management every minute you're there, many processes need to be better streamlined, too many "Chiefs" and not enough "Indians", high employee turnover, bonus is hard to get each month because the matrix changes as to what is expected of an associate. My training class started with 30 people. Less than two months later, only six were still there. Very poor training; learned most everything once I was on the call floor. My advice to the company? Hire managers that can lead and know how to train and handle people rather than bringing in those who did well at the retail store level and then bringing them into a call center environment. Don't continue to ask associates to do more work and complete more tasks in the same amount of time and then use the reduced productivity to chip away at potential bonuses. Many managers were unsure of how to answer basic questions that would come up daily, and many seemed uncomfortable with that and made themselves scarce, making it nearly impossible to find a manager when one was needed."

in Richmond, VA

"It's a great organization to work at, very skilled and talented people with helping nature. A very positive environment with a good work culture. Flexible working hours. Gym and indoor basketball court on campus."

in Richmond, VA

"It's a great company and has a really good culture. The pay and incentives are good, but not as good a tech companies in Silicon Valley."

in Lancaster, CA

"I’ve worked with CarMax since July 2019. I found this job as a gateway towards building a strong foundation in the work field. I have enhanced many of my abilities by the help of the individuals who work there as well. The work at one of the most successful storefronts in nation and we are composed of individuals who are groomed leaders of the future."

Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 2 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
Line Production Manager
in Dublin, OH

"I’ve worked for Carmax for over 8 years. During those 8 years I was able to move up from a detailer to a Line production manager. The company will take care of its employees as long as they are doing there job at the level they expect."

Sales Consultant
in Littleton, CO

"Excellent Company to work for!"

in Laurel, MD

"CarMax is a good company to work for. My time here has been very fruitful thanks to their training and mentorship program. I was able to become an efficient sales consultant and excel because of their training. I would recommend anyone to work here because of that fact and the fact that they have a strong team environment. It’s a good company to work for."

in Charlotte, NC

"I have worked for CarMax for several years. It has been a great company to work for. As the company changes its time for me to change also."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Support You Get 4 / 5 Rewards You Receive 5 / 5 Growth Opportunities 2 / 5
in Richmond, VA

"Growing company. Currently working towards changing culture for the best. CarMax is a good company to work. Still needs to improve some internal operations."

Business Systems Associate
in Richmond, VA

"Carmax has great benefits and is a very enjoyable place to work"

in Murrieta, CA

"I’ve worked for carmax the last 3 years and honestly I should have started working there right out of high school. They have great benefits competitive pay and community events. Carmax is a big company so they have stores almost every state you can advance in the company very fast if you apply yourself. Carmax has a great culture with the company which makes it a great company to work for."

Service Advisor

"Really enjoyed the management, culture and work/life balance. Employees were treated with respect and opinions were taken into consideration. Wish pay was higher though."

in Columbia, SC

"I can do the work and deliver exceptional results. I will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. I possess a combination of skills and experience that make me stand out from the crowd. Hiring me will be a great and smart decision and will make life easier for the team."

Product Design Analyst
in Richmond, VA

"Amazing place to work. I loved working with my product team, and could of not had a better experience. Working as an Intern during my graduate program I was able to hone the skills I was learning each day."

Senior Consultant

"I have worked for Carmax for almost 2 years now at 2 different locations and the culture and integrity of the company is amazing! The management team and other consultants are friendly and always extending their hand to help. They are very mindful of work life balance and will always put your mental health above all."