543 Blue Cross Blue Shield Reviews

Browse Blue Cross Blue Shield Reviews by Job Title →
(based on 336 Blue Cross Blue Shield Review Ratings)
"Very good company to work with and a good environment. The health care industry is thriving so I recommend anyone who is seeking a professional career in the health care to try and apply to them. Large company throughout the entire United States, so that you can have the option to choose where you would like to be within your desired location."
Posted 5 years ago in Detroit, MI
in Franklin Park, IL

"I've worked for Blue Cross through a consultant firm for a few months now. It has been nothing but a fantastic experience here. I am leaving for external circumstance and would like it very much to return someday given the right circumstance. The learning environment has really helped me grow into a very eligible candidate for various positions in the business intelligence field."

in New Hudson, MI

"I've worked for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan for a year now. There has been substantial improvements to the website and with each update makes more issues less common. Mostly the position includes navigating people to different area of the website and resetting passwords. Unless you're downtown there are not a lot of corporate bonding activities or extra perks. Downtown however is super active with different activities to do on your breaks or after work."

Person You Work For 4 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 3 / 5
Salesperson
in Lansing, MI

"Very good pay, but the work is not rewarded from management."

Person You Work For 5 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 1 / 5
in Jacksonville, FL

"I was just there for a very short contract. The time that I was there I really hoped to stay there for a long time. The hiring manager had a different plan and didn't explain really what they wanted so my contract was cut short."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 2 / 5 Work Setting 5 / 5
QA Engineer
in Newark, NJ

"Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield taught me a lot, I really enjoyed working there!"

in Philadelphia, PA

"I worked for Independence Blue Cross between April 2013 and November 2013 for a college internship. I was employed as an online portal developer and my job was to redesign and implement new web pages for IBC's service desk via Sharepoint 2010. The work environment was good and my coworkers were nice and professional, but the tools I had to perform my duties were lacking. In summary, I would work for IBC again but not for the service desk."

Support You Get 2 / 5 Rewards You Receive 4 / 5 Growth Opportunities 4 / 5
in Harrisburg, PA

"I've worked for Capital Blue Cross since 2012 and find that it's a suitable work place with limited ability to advance. Due to the size of the company, there are minimal opportunities for advancement. Unfortunately, this results in many employees seeking out opportunities outside of the company."

in Boston, MA

"Good people. Typical big company bureaucracy."

in Mountlake Terrace, WA

"Premera Blue Cross offers a great work-life balance."

QA Engineer
in Newark, NJ

"I've worked with Horizon Blue Cross and Blue Shield for one year. I've learned a lot from my team and team leads, their inspiration will always stay with me. The agility of the company is at its best!"

in Chattanooga, TN

"A great place to work with benefits that attract and retain top talent."

in Durham, NC

"This was a great position. BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina has a university feel to their work environment."

in Columbia, SC

"A very controlling company with very good processes. Not a strong technical company but leverage proven technologies. Very mainframe centric. A very good marketing plan and the CEO has good instincts for new business. Very successful in the long term and strong in recessions. The people are very good to work with. Follow a lot of ITIL structure. Have won contracts against some of the largest competition in the industry."

Person You Work For 2 / 5 People You Work With 4 / 5 Work Setting 4 / 5
Customer Advocate
in Springfield, IL

"I began working at Blue Cross Blue Shield in February of 2014. This company is warm and inviting with an amazing culture which promotes gratitude for each department. Blue Cross Blue Shield is an ever evolving corporation that exceeded my expectations pertaining to their positive attitude and work ethic regarding the new Affordable Care Act regulations in the healthcare field. The care, compensation, and training provided here has made this the best professional experience I have ever had."

Software Test Engineer